It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC To Document Sensory Deprivation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

BBC To Document Sensory Deprivation

news.bbc.co.uk

Within half an hour of being locked up at the start of the experiment, all of the subjects lie down and go to sleep. But the real ordeal will begin when they wake up and find they have no idea what time it is.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Being alone in the dark for extended periods of time can have negative consequences psychologically. But induced intentionally, it can also be an effective weapon for conquering the ego.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Indeed. Many people report having mystical-like experiences and out of body experiences. It seems a little spooky, but a lot who have experienced it swear by it as being transformative and therapeutical.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The victims are often kept awake for days in american custody by playing loud music. Sensory deprivation over these extended periods of time leads to the establishment of a grave psychosis, a very severe psychopathological injury that sometimes needs years to heal.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Yeah, that's different than a sensory deprivation tank, where people are usually just floating in warm, shallow water in a quiet, dark environment.

One is for torture, the other for exploration of the human psyche in a calm environment.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am shocked at how little people know about flotation tanks!!! They make you feeling amazing. They can take you into meditative states and show you completely mental clarity about all the problems in your life. They can enhance your creativity and allow you to learn things much easier because they give you a new perspective on things. They can take away all your stress and help you completely relax which many people don't know how to do. They can help you get rid of pains and aches, and increase your blood flow. The epsom salts alone are super healthy for you to soak in. How do people not know about this? This is insane. Flotation tanks should be as popular as yoga or massages.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have to at least wonder what planet you live on to have easy access to that sort of thing hehe.

Ok I take that back its not hard to get that environment around oneself if you try.
edit on 27-10-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I live in Vancouver canada, and there are two float centers within half hour of me.

top topics

join