It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Mail steal ATS discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just came across this arti cle in Daily Mail. It has a feauture on the Explore images and states: "Initial inspections revealed nothing unusual, but closer examination by amateur astronomers has thrown up this intriguing picture."

The thing is that this 'breaking news' for a fact was discovered, of all places, here on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

For those not to bother open the link, it's about a rock formation on Mars resembling a humanoid.

I think it's lousy Daily Mail publishes it like this without giving any credit to the source, except "amateur astronomers". A little credit to ATS would had cost them nothing.

I post it here, though I originally found it in this thread on the Daily Mail article. But they are just repeating twenty pages from the other thread, finding skuls and wallets and spines and whatever in the rocks.

So I prefer to post it here.
...and btw, I've already posted a comment in Daily Mail, linking to ATS, but I don't suspect they bring it.

[edit on 23/1/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I saw it in the daily mail first. No that I'm a serious Daily Mail reader I just like to make fun of the tory bastard comments that are left.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I also saw this story in 'the star' just as i was reading it about 20 min
They said that the photo was posted on a 'chinese website'

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In the original thread you can plainly see that the OP never claimed to discover this.

In fact , he very clearly states that it is from a Turkish newspaper.

A turkish newspaper claims that those pictures are taken on Mars from Spirit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is NOT an "ATS exclusive" as you would like to have others believe, but simply a newspaper article that a lot of different news sources seems to be focusing on.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lotiki

The thread you are refering to is from 22nd, the thread I'm refering to is Mars Blue Sky & Water and it was started on the 5th,

...so yes, the discovery of these images are clearly an "ATS Exclusive"

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
to my amazement, i was doing laundry last night and this photo was mentioned on anderson cooper 360 on cnn as well, with no mention of ats.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I remember when the object was first sighted, I was reading the thread it was on. Someone posted it and said, hmmm, take a look at this, I have never seen this before. Then people went a little nuts saying it was a rock, and a person and elvis. It was "debunked" before anyone else even caught wind of it I am pretty sure.

So yeah, when I heard it the second time, I thought to myself, hey someone is a little slow here.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by sputniksteve]

new topics

top topics

join