It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Scientology being attacked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just want to post a general warning to anyone out there that may be considering joining this movement/attack. The Project Chanology/Joining website posts a few things you could do to "help" the fight.

DDoS, Harassment, Emails, Prank Calls, Black Faxes, IRL harassment.. all illegal. So if you join this movement, you better know how to cover your tracks, or be prepared to face future litigation of your actions (that will most definitely happen if this "movement" fails and the CoS retaliates by throwing thousands of people behind bars for cyber crimes.)

I personally, would love to join this movement; but I'm not willing to break laws to do it. If Anonymous truly thought this out, the best course of action to get people like me onboard, is to release a massive email-worm attack that would add ones computer to a botnet-- to be used for future attacks. I'd read that email, and I'd open the attachment and look the other way.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sh3llz ftw. But really if you have no idea what your doing . Have no access to multiple servers no knowledge of Linux and can barely use a peronal computer , Your better off just watching . RIfK

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

hey danx, that image would make a good avatar for ATS
you think they would mind the publicity ??? or the advertisement ??

and also

since they can do things like this

do you think they could hack the gubment for some
UFO disclosure documents to help our cause? Cuz
we're def gettin nowhere with the FOIA requests.

LOL .... ok maybe not .... but it's a thought

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ahh..so those who support these terrorists' actions would then, presumably, be ok with someone hacking your credit information, and stealing your identity? You seem to support such action against others, so it must be morally permissable for you as well, correct?

Sure, hackers like these self-righteous pricks try to justify their actions, attempt to rationalize them as reciprocity for the CoS's perceived "crimes", but who are they to judge? What gives them the right?

Quite honestly I hope that whoever, if this is acutally something that's going on, is behind all this is found out, and arrested. Hopefully after they are sentenced for a few years, the CoS will sue them into the floorboards and systematically dismantle their lives, bit by bit.

Cause in our Brave New World, reciprocity is ok, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodthirstyCapitalist
Ahh..so those who support these terrorists' actions would then, presumably, be ok with someone hacking your credit information, and stealing your identity? You seem to support such action against others, so it must be morally permissable for you as well, correct?

Sure, hackers like these self-righteous pricks try to justify their actions, attempt to rationalize them as reciprocity for the CoS's perceived "crimes", but who are they to judge? What gives them the right?

Quite honestly I hope that whoever, if this is acutally something that's going on, is behind all this is found out, and arrested. Hopefully after they are sentenced for a few years, the CoS will sue them into the floorboards and systematically dismantle their lives, bit by bit.

Cause in our Brave New World, reciprocity is ok, right?

Good for you stand up for what you believe in .

I on the other hand hope they find incriminating evidence that gets these frauds imprisoned for many years .

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Haha, I guess rule 1 and 2 no longer apply in this thread! Anyone who wishes to get a laugh out of "Anon" would do themselves some good to search "fox news" and "anonymous" on youtube.

The internet, serious business.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nice to see it's finaly getting some media attention.

I posted about it a few days ago, and nobody really seemed to care much about it.

Go Anonymous, For great justice !

Here's the declaration of eWar.

Posted by Anonymous
A Message to Scientology

Copypasta for faxes, letters, and the media.

Hello, leaders of Scientology. We are Anonymous.

Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation, your suppression of dissent, your litigious nature, all of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who have come to trust you as leaders has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. For the good of your followers, for the good of mankind and for our own enjoyment, we shall proceed to expel you from the Internet and systematically dismantle the Church of Scientology in its present form. We recognize you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to be completed in a short timeframe. However, you will not prevail forever against the angry masses of the body politic. Your choice of methods, your hypocrisy and the general artlessness of your organization have sounded its death knell. You have nowhere to hide, because we are everywhere. You will find no recourse in attack, because for each of us that falls, ten more will take his place.

We are cognizant of the many who may decry our methods as parallel to those of the Church of Scientology. Those who espouse the obvious truth that your organization will use the actions of Anonymous as an example of the persecution of which you have for so long warned your followers. This is acceptable to Anonymous. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Over time, as we begin to merge our pulse with that of your Church, the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will become aware that salvation needn't come at the expense of their livelihood. They will become aware that the stress and the frustration that they feel is not due to us, but a source much closer to them. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of your own RTC.

Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays
hey danx, that image would make a good avatar for ATS
you think they would mind the publicity ??? or the advertisement ??

It wouldn't be wise for ATS to give any publicity or get involved in any activities of 'anonymous'/4chan communities, etc.

and also
since they can do things like this
do you think they could hack the gubment for some
UFO disclosure documents to help our cause? Cuz
we're def gettin nowhere with the FOIA requests.

LOL .... ok maybe not .... but it's a thought

No, actually you bring up an interesting point. I'm sure a lot of people have thought about this as well.

However, the 'anonymous' community doesn't care much about conspiracies/UFOs. They tend to organize against something they can all relate, and it's usually about ruining one's life/fun or hating someone.

The reason for this scientology attack has a lot to do with Tom Cruise. 'Anonymous' loves to make fun of Tom Cruise and Scientology.

A lot of people ask 'Anonymous' to 'raid' some specific person/entity/agency or try to mobilize 'Anonymous' to do something and they usually get the reply "/b/ is not your personal army"

Check this entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica for more info.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, the parodys have begun....I guess since SNL is up and running
Jerry O'Connell decided to make fun of his former co-start:

edited: crap, wont embed....
Go here for the parody:

Tom Cruise Parody

[edit on 23-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless
Sh3llz ftw. But really if you have no idea what your doing . Have no access to multiple servers no knowledge of Linux and can barely use a peronal computer , Your better off just watching . RIfK

This is true. I went seperate paths with hacking quite a few years ago now.. my old Linux build probably sucks badly now, just like my knowledge of it, heheh.

But I have to say hats off to the digital guerrillas. Way to do the job .. its like something from a movie

[edit on 1/23/2008 by runetang]

I had to come back and edit this. What I find most annoying of all is the people who might have like .. a millimeter of computer skills parading themselves around as a "hacker", using the term "hacker" to identify themselves, hanging out in all the "hacker irc" and websites, but not actually do jack diddly that is considered hacking in the slightest sense.

In my day, which was when I was a young teen with anger problems going thru puberty, I'd slave away at trying to do this or that because when you succeeded, you could brag, with proof, to your other loser hacker buddies on the chat. And thats how you earned a name, not just by playing the part. But once I grew some hare-down-thare, I gave it up for more practical hobbies.

My friend went on to become a Webmaster for a Company making $70,000+ a year on salary, never went to college, no degree. So I guess in the end, I'm the big loser, hehe.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hackers are criminals who belong in jail. Scientology is a Confidence Game gone wild. A group of criminals attacking an Organization that preys on the mentally ill and mentally weak started by a criminal. Anyone see the irony in this?

Since Scientology can't do anything to an intelligent person and since hackers crimes hurt everyone; lock those hackers up and throw away the key. Ignore Scientology and it will go away. Of course there are lots of crazy rich folk for Scientology to trick but they can afford it.

Hackers don't have causes. They invent them to cover up their little Felonies
. Hacking is stealing and thieves are - well I can't say that here. I wonder how many Identity thefts this little band of merry outlaws have stolen and how many people they have hurt. You know if they are doing this they are doing the other.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

In my day, which was when I was a young teen with anger problems going thru puberty, I'd slave away at trying to do this or that because when you succeeded, you could brag,

You know if someone Hacked my work computers and did damage I'd have to lay off my innocent employees for a few days while I got back up and running and I'd personally loose a months income. Glad you grew up
Real Hackers hurt Real People.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSoul

Glad to see another mature person here

Nice way to phrase it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
your generalising not all hackers are criminals ive known a few and while one was a criminal the others just loved to see what they could do, what they could program and alter and how far they could push the limits of what they could do. one even went on to work in communications and wound up doing contracts for the goverment working on programs for law enforcement and database orginazation and use. so in short yes some are bad some are good some are skript kiddies who use other peoples work to cause trouble and call them selves hackers.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by krill]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You guys ever see this 'Mysterious Deaths with Scientology' site. Its creepy, and I think there is more going on with the group then we know.
whyaretheydead.net...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Hackers are criminals who belong in jail. Scientology is a Confidence Game gone wild. A group of criminals attacking an Organization that preys on the mentally ill and mentally weak started by a criminal. Anyone see the irony in this?

Hackers don't have causes.

Damn! You make so much sense I think you must be me in disguise

Hackers are nobody's friends but their own. Sometimes they attack stuff we disagree with. Often they rip off ordinary folk and screw up useful resources.

With a bit more imagination and the will to be creative these people could use their skills to do something useful.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
thats a very informative website, i had no idea so many had died becasue of scientology. i guess there brainwashing works to well. and the ones that were mysteries like the guy who drowned in a bath tub but his head wasent in the water is just plain suspicious.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
You guys ever see this 'Mysterious Deaths with Scientology' site. Its creepy, and I think there is more going on with the group then we know.
whyaretheydead.net...

I used to work at the Flag Service Organisation (part of the Flag Land Base). I was there from Jan 1988 to Jan 1991 but I had no first hand contact with any of these cases.

Carbon monoxide poisoning happens every day somewhere, as does drowning. Grouping these cases together makes these deaths look more sinister than they probably are.

I can't shed any light on the case of Lisa McPherson but I can speculate. Contrary to widespread opinion, Scientology is meant to be used on people who are mentally sound. Occasionally people who are mentally ill go psychotic under Scientology processing and they're usually taken 'off base' (away from Flag), looked after until they calm down, refunded their money and never taken 'on lines' (into a Scientology organisation) again.

Whether this is sound, moral or legal is a moot point but outside Scientology it's common enough to straightjacket psychotic people and pump them full of sedatives. All I can state with any kind of confidence is that Scientologists wouldn't have used drugs. Lisa could have been injured and died at her own hand or someone else's. I can't possibly say.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Fair and balanced? Just joking... Tom 9:34 YouTube uncut-ski... "Joe Ruthless"... no parody. Bad acting personified by a pretentious product of an age of reason? Yawn. BBQ!

I'm not a fan of the hackers either... if they are breaking any laws. I'm surprised the Anons playground is still up. Massive stats. It "stinks" either way, inside or outside job. Psuedo-shake-up to maintain the "public-eye" and perhaps a 21st Century "cachet" of nowness. Glad I'm retiring and going sailing... I wonder what the chances are that "the Navy"... nah.

Observe the reference to "artlessness" in the comminque/manifesto... rare. Really rare. It was likely written by someone(s) who may be a lover of words but without the capability to convey data of intent with consistency. This may be by intent. It is a threat. It is still standing. It is ocurring across international boundaries. "If" they actually did a theft from outside of public access areas? In some parts, these days, that's terrorism.

At one point it would seem to imply that "Ex-CoS" may be involved in some way. There is no doubting the power that "could" potentially be behind any campaign. Who? Does it matter who? Or... what? Watch the vid while you can... it'll be Gulaged for sure. /b/tards... go futaba RC!

I really thought Toronto-boy was best in "My Secret Identity". LOL. Stunts Unlimited! I'm surprised how well he "does" Cruise-Miss-ill after watching the parody.

Vic

[edit on 24-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

I believe Church of Scientology's reply was

tl;dr

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join