It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heath Ledger Dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Heath Ledger Dies

www.wnbc.com

NEW YORK -- A New York Police Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger starred in "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Brothers Grimm."

Ledger was found by his housekeeper in his Broome Street apartment with pills strewn all around him, according to police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What a tragedy.

www.wnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow. Shocking. Batman (which he plays the Joker) comes out in May.....

how sad.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OMG, freakin' shocking.

"Pills strewn around him"..........interesting. That's always a little baffling. Usually you have time to screw the cap back on or finish the handful of pills before they end up strewn all over the place.

He may have thrown some up of course. Interesting and sad nonetheless.

RIP.

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Dang! Never pegged him for an OD. Didn't even know he did drugs... maybe sucicde?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Awful....a talented actor indeed...one of my faves.

i believe he just had a child recently too. I guess you just never know what truly goes on behind closed doors.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dammit, he was a great actor... And i was SO excited about the new batman coming out. Now they will probably delay it or maybe even not release it.

So strange..

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
::sigh::

He leaves behind a 2 year old child. I always enjoyed his films.
10 Things I Hate About You is an excellent adaptation of Taming of the Shrew. 28 years old, so much life yet to give.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Damn. My dad was friends with his dad in school.......such a tragedy. I would have never thought he would die so young

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow. How very tragic. Loved Him in A Knights Tale, one of those movies I could watch over and over. RIP.

Peace. K*

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I enjoyed Heath quite a bit too in his films. Not only was he beautiful but he could actually act... which is a lot to say for most of the actors around. I noticed he has aged quite a bit in the last few years, could be natural, could be because of drug use?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Terrible news.

RIP

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
uh, the comment I wish to make would probably get me banned. I'll make the comment on a more liberal site. Just wanted to make sure you all knew.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They are saying he told one reporter months ago that he could not sleep even thought he was taking the sleeping pill Ambient. Not getting any sleep like that can make you do stupid things like forgetting how many pills you have taken. Rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is really sad
I loved his acting in The Four Feathers...Great movie...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who cares isn't britny getting her kids back ? Oh wait really who cares?

People worry too much about actors . I wouldnt mind if they all croaked. Hell its the only punishment they dont get special treatment for . Or is everyone just surprised to find out he's human?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I’ll be the one to say it and become the unpopular one quickly.

He was an actor; it is not like he was doing something great for humankind he was like anybody else including myself (except he made tons more cash) that one would pass on the street. He was a man who put his pants like any other he was a man who most likely had the same fears in life as any other.

There are more important things that are news worthy and very seldom do I see this kind of response to anyone else dying that die on a daily basis that do much more for humankind more than likely.

Yeah it is sad someone died but not tragic as some might say. Seriously, how is it tragic? Is it because there might be one less piece of garbage coming out of Hollywood now? I feel sorry for the family and friends he left behind but again I would not have known the man if he were right beside me.

If he ended his own life well I feel nothing for him at all that is the most selfish thing a person can do to those who love them.

Raist

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
[one liner i fixed all by my self sooo NYAAA]

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

While I can understand where you are coming from, I guess it makes me feel a bit sad because I enjoyed his work as an actor.
On the other hand, it amazes me how someone who obviously doesn't have to worry about money or women could destroy themselves in that way.

RIP

p.s. I highly doubt they will delay or cancel the release of batman due to his death. Instead, they will probably have a tribute to him on the closing credits.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Now that I can completely understand, but I don’t see the tragedy in this still.

I have seen The Order which my wife tells me he was in not to bad I guess as far as movies go.

But to miss his work I understand, but not really tragedy though in my eyes.

I agree about the destroying themselves thing, but I would say the same thing about those who have need of money and not the greatest life that do the same thing. Having such self pity for oneself that you cannot see the love others have for you is selfish to say the least. The pain you cause for those you leave behind is more than can be imagined. Rather than feel sorrow for him I feel more for those he left behind (if he ended his own life).

Raist

top topics

<<   2 >>

join