It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Unmarked UH-1's etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That first image there is a good example of what might be flying over head. So who are they and why are they buzzing around so often is my question really?

Daniel, who uses those craft that you posted?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As to who, as I said earlier they're US Navy and Marine helicopters, most likely based on the LHA/LHD class ships when they go out to sea from port. They fly to various bases when they're in port and keep training and have down time. They rotate the squadrons that are on the ships constantly.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

for over two years? In this particular region, is that common? Do you know?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
ALL of the Pacific Fleet LHA/LHD ships are based in San Diego, and there are many HUGE Marine bases in Southern California that have massive exercises every year.

You have 29 Palms in the Morongo Basin area that has an annual exercise with 50,000 Marines.
MCAS Miramar, former home of Top Gun.
Camp Pendleton.

Those are just three of the larger bases in California.

As for the ships, there are 2 LHAs (USS Tarawa LHA-1, USS Pelilu LHA-5) and two LHDs (USS Boxer LHD-4, USS Bonhomme Richard LHD-6) that are currently in inventory based in San Diego, with one more LHD being completed that could end up in the region. That's just the four that are based there. There are a total of 10 between the two types.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

So do you think it could just be rich A-holes polluting the air around here with their joyriding?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Daniel, who uses those craft that you posted?

Those were from the venezuelan air force.
I think it's pretty standard to use markings that are hard to see on military aircraft, as you wouldn't want your enemy to id you easily.

I grew up near a salvadoran military air base, it was pretty common to see helicopters flying and sometimes hoovering over my backyard, I suppose they did that when the runway was blocked by maybe other aircraft(as odd as it sounds helicopters were required to approach following the runway path), ha, I even have a picture of the pilot of the old presidential helicopter looking down at me(I know that because he knew my family and later told my father he saw me lol)
img142.imageshack.us...

So personally I wouldn't find cases like yours surprising at all. However, if you really lived there your whole life, and this recent activity is bugging you, maybe try and contact the air force, or the faa, and make it look like you are complaining about increased noise or something while asking them why all the buzz all of the sudden. the faa or any pilot should be able to at least provide you with charts, and tell you if anything has changed recently.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Like I said before aircrews need to train to maintain currency. Now as far as why they are flying over your house, I don't know. Maybe the pilots during their preflight planing are wanting to fly over your house to waste the tax payers money.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by metal92

misappropriation of funding & resources, uh oh, that sounds like a serious issue now

But it definitely does raise a good point.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Here's a better shot: Does anyone know if these antenna/sensors are common or not? What they might be used for etc?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Here's a better shot: Does anyone know if these antenna/sensors are common or not? What they might be used for etc?

It something to do with microwave. But not like the microwave oven.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

So you're telling me I can't chase this guy in my car holding a Weight Watchers Pizza out the window? jk

How do you know it's microwave?

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There was show that came on the Discovery channel back in the nineties. That show weapons of the future,the the military was working on. One of them was a microwave weapon.That like kind of like what the chopper have. You remember that laser weapon that the military have.That make someone feel like that they are on fire. But it doesn't kill them. It is call a microwave laser

[edit on 14-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kennethmd

Well if that's true that's a bit disconcerting as they fly over our heads here almost none stop now.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So I am still curious about those sensor/antennas. The one daniel_g posted looks like the best candidate for it maybe so far but raises questions on it's own. Like why would a commercial helicopter need a radar jammer/anti-SAM attachment? Unless I read the description wrong..

It has been very busy here today I must say. Here's another type that's been flying around with more then just 4 balls, this one has a "penis" too apparently

It's been really busy today, had a constant stream of these guys today:

accompanied by the above "4 ballers" or sometimes with these guys:

Anyone know what that could be? -looking in Zaphod's general direction-

If the "4 Baller" wasn't with the military-type helis, a plane was with it...coincidentally or not.

Oh and just for the hell of it, these guys would fly over every once in awhile too:

Even more of these guys!

But those might just be commuters, can't tell as they all seemed to really like flying directly over me today. I got a crap load of under sides today let me tell you...

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The one helo with the plane is either a SH-60F, or the HH-60H. You say you are in Orange county, what city do you live in if you don't mind me asking. The southern part of Orange county is real close to Camp Pendelton which has a helo base. Plus the northern part of San Diego county is popular with the local military pilots for mountain flying training. The southern part of Orange county is a good flying route to get back over the ocean to head back to the Marine bases or North Island.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm in west Anaheim, Los Alamitos is very close to my location. But they don't always go to and from there, they seem to mainly travel from east to north west along the mountain ridge swing out then swing back. My view south is obstructed so I don't see the movements over the ocean from my spot.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Was the "penis" comment REALLY necessary? I mean seriously.....

From the bottom up:

It's an Augusta (don't remember model) tour helicopter.

Bell 222 medevac (non-military).

SH-60.

SH-60.

SH-60.

MD-550 series (non-military)

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Was the "penis" comment REALLY necessary? I mean seriously.....

Absolutely
Life isn't meant to be taken too seriously all the time...and it's just a metaphorical penis dude seriously, not mention you drew more attention to the penis when you put the "penis" in quotes (as demonstrated).

Thanks again for the info btw, I wonder if this morning was Naval "left overs" from the satellite operation...

So any leads on where I could buy some of those snazzy antenna/sensors things those commercial helis have? If it is commercial that is, no luck on finding out what those are for yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There were no helicopters involved in the satellite operation. The MD550, the Augusta, and the Bell 222 were civilian helicopters and have nothing to do with the military.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I didn't mean the commercial guys, I mean the military copters. They seemed to be leaving from Los Al, which is a Naval base, and I believe the Navy was involved in that Satellite ordeal. But maybe not, just a thought really...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join