It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"you have the same name as me"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As you can probably guess this is a rant about some guy who said he has the same name as me, allow me to tell the story, i was talking with him, and he said that i was an embarasement to people with this certain name, now he has his own opinion but he didnt even know me, so i asked him why, and he said i was a fat lazy arsehole(i cant say it), anyway later we got into a discusion about how we didnt have the same name, im zack and he is zach, anyway he said that i cant be an embarasement to him because of the one letter difference, and i thought "ok now your just confusing me", anyway what im trying to get at is, was he just sturring the pot or does he have a valid point?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

If I were you I would change my name to ZacH, just to mess with him.
Then like I would find a local newscast doing a live feed from a remote location, and I would strip down to my civvies and run up to the camera pretending I was drunk and scream. "Hey! This is for everyone who's name is Zach spelled with an 'H' at the end! Yeah! We rock!"
Then I would pretend to pass out.
Yeah!
Now that's some good advice!
Yeah!
I amaze myself sometimes.......

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Outrider,this kid doesn't deserve the time of day from you.He is acting like he is in kindergarten.I'm sure you can be above that.
Honestly does the spelling of ones name affect the type of person they are? No!My name has multiple spellings.
I spell it like LORI.
I have seen it spelled:
LAURIE
LORIE
LORRY (This spelling also means a TRUCK in England) Nice huh?
Honestly,this boy is just looking for something to tease you about,and to make himself feel better.You see, kids like him have low self esteem.Teasing others,and putting them down makes him feel better about himself.Sad but true.My advice ignore him. or if he continues, throw this at him.
"Zach, did saying that to me make you feel good?" Of course he will say yes. Then you reply.." Good then I'm glad I could make your day!"
Chances are, he'll be so flabbergasted he won't know how to respond.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Try and find out if there have been any real bad Zachs.. Like a Zach the terrible or something.. Like a bad guy named Zach, you know? Then when idiots like this give you crap for some stupid reason like having the same name as him you can bring up Zach the Terrible and say, yea, so, what about Zach the terrible? Surely I'm not as bad a Zach the Terrible. Am I? Am I? See, thats what i thought

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He has a valid point.

Everyone knows that if you're born with the same or a similar name to someone you are directly insulting them. Who cares if your name is ZacK? You're still a disgrace to all Zacks and Zachs and Zachariahs alike.

I mean, God forbid someone have the same name as me or else I might just have to bust some heads. I'm going to have to name my kid Asdjsdkahajs just to avoid this injustice! Just thinking about it makes me livid!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Name your kid Name Your Kid. I'm sure that will avoid confrontation.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't know. A celebrity might steal it. :shk:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
Name your kid Name Your Kid. I'm sure that will avoid confrontation.

Yeah but spell it Naimurkid so it will at least look and sound cool.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Buy the guy a sweet and sour lolly pop and move on.

mojo

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There really are some strange people out there...

If you have his phone number and some spare time, print out loads of small posters, leaflets with his name on and in big letters...
LOST
SENSE OF HUMOR
If found please call...

Then put then in every bar you can find, he'll get calls at all hours, bet he'll want to change his name then...

MonKey

P.S. This could be ill eagle, but what the hell!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I like lombozo's idea of changing your name to a variable of Zack or Zack....how about Tsack. If it worked for the Tsar it could work for you.

If you don't agree, well then, I'm Tsorry.

top topics

join