It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Mahdi Of Muslims Is Alive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is an interesting take on the Rapture that I would encourage anyone to read. I came across it in searching the topic one time and enjoyed the comparisons brought out.

www.bereanwatchmen.com... -rapture-and-the-jewish-wedding-tradition.html

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Come on people get back on topic please. The OP hasn't given much info here. Perry Stone thinks that the Mahdi will set up shop in Iraq just to toss that out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Meshary

I don't suppose they have any pictures of this Mahdi? And do they also have, and living, relatives to supposedly genetically prove they are related?

If this Mahdi was an entity to begin with and then returns in some type of physical form, it will be interesting to see how Islam tests this person or entity to prove they are who they say they are.

Therer's also a mention of some Mahdi army. I don't suppose these are like the clones from Star Wars? (attack of the Mahdi clones)

If and when this Mahdi does appear and makes it's claim, then it will prove interesting to see what they actually do.

Is there any videos or a movie depicting this person and this prophecy?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well I'm sure its in the Koran. Perry Stone dug into this issue in the last video called Manifest. It was pretty good and his time line that he reveals for the last year when Christ comes back will blow your mind. I like him because he lays things out in detail and says thats what he thinks may happen not like others who are so dead set on a theory and say that they are right for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Sounds exactly like the "Anti-Christ" described in the Bible don't you think? Set's up a one world government and kills those that don't submit. Suspiscious.

Yes it does. I've been screaming this from the rooftops all over ATS and am scared of actually sounding like a broken record now!

Just like we have some Christians who do not believe in a coming Antichrist, we also have some Muslims who do not believe in a coming Al Mahdi. But let's take the view point of those who do accept these prophecies as futuristic (myself included). The Antichrist and Al Mahdi will both:

1). Come to power when the world is in utter chaos due to political, economic, religious, and war-torn turmoil.

2). Are believed by some to rule for seven years.

3). Will be accompanied by a "side kick." Christians call this person the false prophet who will look like a lamb (a symbol of Jesus) but will speak like a dragon (a symbol of Satan). In other words, a pseudo-Jesus. Muslims believe the Al Mahdi will be accompanied by Jesus. Christians know this will not be the real Jesus.

4). Have a sidekick that points all attention to the Antichrist/Mahdi. The false prophet points all focus of worship to the Antichrist. The pseudo-Jesus accompanied by Al Mahdi is said to "break the cross," declare Christianity false, and point all attention to the Mahdi and Islam.

5) Set up a one world religion and force everyone to convert or die. The Bible says the Antichrist will specifically target Jews and Christians. The Hadith says the Mahdi will specifically target Jews and Christians.

6) Jesus warned us not to believe in a coming false prophet and told us "Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away." What does Islam believe? That the Jewish and Christian scriptures are a distortion of the truth and only the Koran is the one true revelation from God. The Al Mahdi is said to "discover" some "original" Christian and Jewish texts in order to "prove" our religions false. Jesus says: Do not believe this. My words are true and I am who I say I am.

7) Will rule a one world government. The Mahdi is said to place the entire world under Islamic rule and government.

8) Set up shop in Jerusalem. Babylon and Rome are also mainstays.

The similarities go on and on. The moral of the story is: Be alert so you are not deceived.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am not totally up on all of the history of Mahdi, but given the info that I have read in the past, I am lead to think that Lord Maitreya could possibly be either the Antichrist or Mahdi.

If you have never heard of Maitreya, he is supposed to be a world leader that will arrive on Earth to unite mankind under 1 world religion. His spokesman, which is kind of odd for a potential messiah to have, claims that Maitreya is waiting for the right time to emerge at which time we will be able to hear what he is saying to us within the confines of our own minds.

According to his spokesman, Maitreya has appeared several times in the past by showing up and vanishing into thin air. This is all highly subject, but I just wanted to throw it into the mix, given the vast amount of unknowns with regard to Mahdi.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

Creme is the devil himself. That man is pure evil and he is the one with the real power. He talks of his brown turbin buddy but he is just an apparition made by Creme. Creme has made visits to people out of the blue to scare them into keeping their mouths shut about him, However he can not enter your home without being invited in.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Where in the bible does it say that Jesus will not return for at least 2000 years?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Where in the bible does it say that Jesus will not return for at least 2000 years?

Bahoozlesnoots! I've answered this twice on the thread.
Click Here.

That is one interpretation and it makes heaps of sense in my opinion. If you have questions about that explanation, scroll down to see the questions I answered about those, too.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Confusion has set in.
Is The Mahdi and The Second Coming of Jesus the same event or do they just occur at the same time?

If they are seperate people, why is so much time being spent discussing Jesus when the OP asked if The Muslim Mahdi was currently alive?

I am also intrigued why there is very little comment by Muslim ATS members who are usually so active in any threads discussing anything relating to Muslim and Islamic issues.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Reply to Freeborn

I am also intrigued why there is very little comment by Muslim ATS members who are usually so active in any threads discussing anything relating to Muslim and Islamic issues.

Now that you have said it. Looks like I will have to reply to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Confusion has set in.
Is The Mahdi and The Second Coming of Jesus the same event or do they just occur at the same time?

According to Islam, Al Mahdi and Jesus will return together but Christians absolutely do not believe this will be the authentic Jesus. Christians believe the one true Jesus will return after the Mahdi's reign on earth. I explain why we believe this above and will quote it here:

Both the Mahdi and Antichrist will be accompanied by a "side kick." Christians call this person the false prophet who will look like a lamb (a symbol of Jesus) but will speak like a dragon (a symbol of Satan). In other words, a pseudo-Jesus. Muslims believe the Al Mahdi will be accompanied by Jesus. Christians know this will not be the real Jesus.

Both sidekicks will points all attention to the Antichrist/Mahdi. The false prophet points all focus of worship to the Antichrist. The pseudo-Jesus accompanied by Al Mahdi is said to "break the cross," declare Christianity false, and point all attention to the Mahdi and Islam.

Jesus warned us not to believe in a coming false prophet and told us "Heaven and earth will pass away but my words will never pass away." What does Islam believe? That the Jewish and Christian scriptures are a distortion of the truth and only the Koran is the one true revelation from God. The Al Mahdi is said to "discover" some "original" Christian and Jewish texts in order to "prove" our religions false. Jesus says: Do not believe this. My words are true and I am who I say I am.

I explained the differences between the Mahdi, Antichrist, and Jesus above in THIS POST.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Would appreciate that, things were getting a bit dull.
I'm sure that'll change with your involvement

Seriously though, things were going slightly off thread and all though I find all this talk of Second Comings and The Rapture etc complete nonsense, I have got an understanding of the theories, however, I know next to nothing about the supposed coming of The Mahdi.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

So Christians believe that The Mahdi is the Anti-Christ.
Muslims believe that The Mahdi will bring about The Kingdom Heaven or something similar.
Muslims believe that Jesus is going to be The Mahdi's right hand man, which obviously Christians may take as a bit of blasphemy.

Not much common ground really.

Religions
Who'd have them?
People kill and hate each other over such things, which can't ever be proven until such time that it may, or may not, occur.

On such things depend the future of mankind!

Pretty frightening really.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

So Christians believe that The Mahdi is the Anti-Christ.

We don't believe it undoubtedly as in this is exactly the way it is going to turn out. But we have our eyes open, are suspicious, and recognize the similarities between the two.

We also realize not all Muslims believe in the Mahdi as he is only mentioned in the Hadith and not the Koran. The Hadith is traditional sayings and are not believed to be inspired scripture. So, not all Muslims believe in a coming Mahdi. Likewise, not all Christians believe in a coming Antichrist but that the prophecies were fulfilled by Nero. I am not one who believes this but expects this to happen in the future. Too much is being fulfilled before our eyes to show this fulfillment is still yet future.

Whenever I bring up the Mahdi in relation to the Antichrist, I am almost always corrected by Muslims who tell me he is supposed to be the "good guy." Sure, if you're Muslim. lol The other 5/6 of earth's population won't be too excited in regards to what he is expected to do: Force all to convert to Islam or die and set up a one world government according to Islamic law.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun if you're not a Muslim.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The Muslims don't believe that Jesus is the messiah just like the Jews. They believe that Jesus is a prophet like Mohammad and that a person who has yet to show himself will be the Mahdi who will come to unite the Muslim world against the non believers. The Muslim religion is a copy of Christianity with an evil twist to fit their needs of a counter to Christianity. I am not trying to bash the religion however it is historical fact that Mohammad was a war monger and a pedophile. Jesus will not come back as man like he did last time and thats what people do not understand. Jesus will come back with gods wrath and deal with the evil on earth then he will set upon his thrown in Jerusalem in the form of a man maybe. If you see someone pop up on the TV claiming to be the messiah, Metria or Mahdi and he looks like a man then grab a Bible and pray after you smash the TV.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun if you're not a Muslim.

I dare say The Rapture doesn't sound like much fun to Muslims.

Neither scenario's appeal to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I dare say The Rapture doesn't sound like much fun to Muslims.

I knew someone would bring up the rapture or Jesus' actual second coming to refute what I said but the difference is this: We fully admit this is not going to be a fun time for anyone who is not a Christian. Not necessarily talking about the pretribulation rapture but the Second Coming. The Bible even says this period will be the worst time in human history (referring to the tribulation).

But for some reason, Muslims keep telling me their scenario benefits everyone and that being forced under Islamic law and religion is something we should all be excited about. lol

Neither scenario's appeal to me.

It doesn't have to. See HERE and HERE. Could Christians be wrong? Sure. But if we are right, being displeased about the facts does not make the facts go away.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

My point is it's irrelevant which "divine" being judges me and finds me wanting I'm still going to burn in the bowels of hell for eternity, despite leading a considerate and respectful life, for refusing to believe in any dogma that demands total obedience despite offering no semblance of proof whatsoever.

I'm sorry, I can't buy into either scenario.
I don't see how any all powerful, omnipotent being would be so self centered that "he" would not recognise the values and worth of anyone who had led a life of merit.
Will Gandhi burn forever?
Who did Buddha harm?

But I digress.

What evidence is there that anyone believes that The Mahdi is alive at present?
Who allegedly is The Mahdi?

Edit: My poor grammar as usual.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Will Gandhi burn forever?
Who did Buddha harm?

I feel your pain, truly. Those two were more "righteous" than many Christians. But as we are told, our righteousness is as filthy rags because our works (good or bad) do not determine our final destination. It is all determined by grace. That is the Christian belief. Totally off topic but I didn't want to ignore your question.

What evidence is there that anyone believes that The Mahdi is alive at present?

I honestly don't think there is any hardcore evidence that he is alive right now. They simply believe this due to what world events seem to be pointing to. Many Christians also believe the Antichrist is alive somewhere right at this moment. We also have no proof whatsoever- we just think so by understanding the prophecies that seem to imply we are in "the time." It could be another one hundred years for all anyone knows, though.

Who allegedly is The Mahdi?

I really wish some Muslims would jump into this topic because I would much rather hear their opinion on such things but for some reason seem to be avoiding the topic. I'm only going on hearsay and what I have read. Hopefully they will chime in.

The "Mahdi" was believed to be a descendant of Mohammad and who is known as the twelfth or hidden Imam (basically, an Islamic religious leader). They believe he went into what they call occlusion (hiding) in the 7th century or so at the age of five and will appear again on the world scene in the near future.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join