It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Mahdi Of Muslims Is Alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hi

I heard from other friend's that arab people are talking about

That The Mahdi the grandson of prophet mohmmed is alive

and i know that the mahdi will come win the world will be at the end

and he will leade the war between muslims and their enemy

like christian's and jews.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
personally I'd love to hear more.

I've never heard this theory before.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Most Muslims who accept the Hadith as reliable are convinced the Al Mahdi is already alive. The President of Iran also said he is personally "paving the way for Al Mahdi" so he can appear from occultation. They believe he will arise to his status as a one world leader, set up Islam as the only legal one world religion, and put to death those who do not convert. Pretty scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This sounds as wacky as the second coming of christ that people have been expecting for what 1,000 years? or has Jesus been teasing people with his comeback special for 2,000 years?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
This sounds as wacky as the second coming of christ that people have been expecting for what 1,000 years? or has Jesus been teasing people with his comeback special for 2,000 years?

If it is a 'tease' it's because people don't know their Bible prophecy. We are told Jesus would not return until at least 2,000 years after His assent into Heaven after His resurrection. This happened almost 2,000 years ago. We're in the time all the prophecies of the Bible warned us about. It's just that nobody is listening.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

If it is a 'tease' it's because people don't know their Bible prophecy. We are told Jesus would not return until at least 2,000 years after His assent into Heaven after His resurrection. This happened almost 2,000 years ago. We're in the time all the prophecies of the Bible warned us about. It's just that nobody is listening.

AshleyD, would you be so kind as to point me to the scripture that states the return of jesus will be >=2000 years after his assent to heaven. I have not seen anything of that precision out of the bible and am interested in seeing that verse. I would argue that the most common argument I get when I ask how god made everything in seven days is "well, it's not days like you and I think of them." Does this work the same way if 4000 years pass and he still hasn't showed, or are they not years how I think of them? This is a serious question.

On the lighter side of things though, there is going to be a throwdown if jesus and mohammed's grandson both decide to show up at once.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
AshleyD, would you be so kind as to point me to the scripture that states the return of jesus will be >=2000 years after his assent to heaven. I have not seen anything of that precision out of the bible and am interested in seeing that verse.

Sure, no problem:

Hosea 5:15-6:2 states:

"Then I will go back to my place [Jesus' ascension to Heaven after His resurrection] until they admit their guilt and they will seek my face [When the whole of Judaism accepts Jesus as a Messiah]. In their misery they will earnestly seek me. Come, let us return to the Lord [This is supposed to happen in the near future]. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us [Talking about the Jewish dispersal of 70 A.D. and the revival of Israel as a sovereign state in 1948]. He has injured us [dispersed] but he will bind up our wounds [return them to the land]. After two days [two thousand years as a day is like 1,000 years] he will revive us. On the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence [spiritual revival]."

When you look at the whole passage it says that the Lord was going to go back where He came from until they admit their guilt. It was fulfilled when the Lord left the Earth after His Resurrection. He confirmed this in Matt. 23:39 when He said you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' He's not coming back until they admit that He is who He claims to be. So the count began with the Resurrection.

Then Hosea's prophecy continued saying that after 2 days God would revive them. If a day is as 1000 years that means 2000 years after He left, He would revive them, bring them back to life. The reviving began in 1948 and will be complete after the Battle of Ezekiel (Ezekiel 39:28).

Then on the third day they'd be restored. Not after the third day but on the third day, at it's beginning, after they've admitted their guilt (Zechariah 12:10). This refers to the Messianic Kingdom.

Praphrased from this source.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

After two days [two thousand years as a day is like 1,000 years] he will revive us.

So it took God 6,000 years to make the universe?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So it took God 6,000 years to make the universe?

Some believe it was six literal days, some believe each "day" was 1,000 years, and some believe each "day" represents geological epochs. I have no educated opinion on the matter. You will probably have to ask someone who does and can defend their view.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thanks for that, although I only see people making speculation as to why a day = 1000 years. I only see people stating this. I do not see in the book of hosea where it states a day=1000 years. If it states it somewhere else in the book I can see why I missed it but in the same token there are many systems of measurement in the bible that are units of accurate measure like cubits. I don't see the reason in time measurement being so cryptic unless a. you were trying to confuse people or b. the accurate measurement of time didn't coincide with prophecies and you needed to change it to make the prophecies valid.

I can't say that someones deductions as to why 1 day= 1000 years are accurate after all there was the Great Disappointment and William Miller's deductions on date and time were off by at least 164 years.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Thanks for that, although I only see people making speculation as to why a day = 1000 years.

It comes from textual exegesis and hermeneutics. Peter states a day is like a thousand years explicitly and prophetic time calculations. Ezekiel, a contemporary of Hosea, reinforces this principle.

William Miller's deductions on date and time were off by at least 164 years.

He, like most people, made the fatal mistake of thinking the rapture could be calculated by time. We are told the rapture is not a time specific event but is instead based on the amount of people who will be included.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Where, exactly, in the Bible does it say that Christ would return after 2000 years? I have read the Bible completely seven times and have never ran across that passage. Most of my emphasis when reading the Bible is prophecy based.

Actually Peter exclaimed in Acts 2:16-23, when he quoted the book of Joel, that the end times had already begun. Therefore, mankind has been looking for Christ 's return since the day of pentecost. Christ also exhorted his followers to always look towards heaven!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BugZyZuncle

At the "end of the age".

Unknown at that time, but well enough understood now.

An age is a period of 2150ish years. Minus one degree of time -72 for a and +- some years equates to about 2000 years, roughly.

The "end of the age" of picies

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
Where, exactly, in the Bible does it say that Christ would return after 2000 years? I have read the Bible completely seven times and have never ran across that passage. Most of my emphasis when reading the Bible is prophecy based.

See my answer to this very question when it was asked above by clicking HERE as paraphrased from HERE. Not that He is returning precisely after 2,000 years but that it would possibly be at least 2,000 years.

I also gave a somewhat in depth answer on another thread about Jesus' return in the first century. Click HERE and HERE.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I personally believe from conalusions of various sorts he will return when astronomically we leave the age of the fish or pices and enter the age of aquarius around 2150. His 1 A.D. birth does correlate with the dawn of the new age of pices. Hence the Jesus fish? These ideas are pointed out(albeit somewhat athestically, is that a word) In the ZEITGEISTTHEMOVIE.com, Which by the way confirmed more of my bible theory in my own little head.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

On the lighter side of things though, there is going to be a throwdown if jesus and mohammed's grandson both decide to show up at once.

Shizzle, well the story goes that the Imam Mahdi actually arrives, does some stuff, then Christ arrives after him, both working together to defeat the 'Dajjal' which is the Muslim Anti-Christ.

Thx

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Hosea 5:15-6:2 states:

"Then I will go back to my place [Jesus' ascension to Heaven after His resurrection] until they admit their guilt and they will seek my face [When the whole of Judaism accepts Jesus as a Messiah]. In their misery they will earnestly seek me. Come, let us return to the Lord [This is supposed to happen in the near future]. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us [Talking about the Jewish dispersal of 70 A.D. and the revival of Israel as a sovereign state in 1948]. He has injured us [dispersed] but he will bind up our wounds [return them to the land]. After two days [two thousand years as a day is like 1,000 years] he will revive us. On the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence [spiritual revival]."

When you look at the whole passage it says that the Lord was going to go back where He came from until they admit their guilt. It was fulfilled when the Lord left the Earth after His Resurrection. He confirmed this in Matt. 23:39 when He said you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' He's not coming back until they admit that He is who He claims to be. So the count began with the Resurrection.

Then Hosea's prophecy continued saying that after 2 days God would revive them. If a day is as 1000 years that means 2000 years after He left, He would revive them, bring them back to life. The reviving began in 1948 and will be complete after the Battle of Ezekiel (Ezekiel 39:28).

Then on the third day they'd be restored. Not after the third day but on the third day, at it's beginning, after they've admitted their guilt (Zechariah 12:10). This refers to the Messianic Kingdom.

Praphrased from this source.

If you look at this prophecy in light of when it was written it will be clear that Hosea was not referring to Jesus' resurrection. Hosea was written around 733 years before Christ, and his message to the Jewish Nation was one of repentence. If you read the works of Eusebius, you will see the religious practices of the Jews that Hozea prophsied against. Mostly they were worshipping the dietes of the Caananites (baal).

Hozea's relationship with his wife Gomer is a fitting parallel to God's relationship with the Jewish nation.

You should also notice that during this time the nation of Israel was divided into two kingdoms Israel (Northern) and South (Judah). Hozea prophesied during the last days of the Northern kingdom.

Amos, the prophet who preceeded Hozea talked about an unnamed enemy that would deliver God's judgement on Israel and Hozea named the enemy, and it was the Assyrians. Hozea is also the only writing prophet to come from the Northern kingdom.

Hozea saw Israel's past experiences with God (right after the exodus from Egypt) as a pattern of God's future dealings with Israel. Ultimately, Hozea felt that Israel's failure to acknowledge God was their basic problem, and called them to repent. This book is ultimately about God's enduring love for Israel!

In verse 15 God say's that he will " go back to his place until they admit their guilt." This simply means that God will allow them to suffer for their transgressions.

Please refer to Matthews commentary or the Christian Etheral Classics Libary for more understanding on this subject.

Also, the Bible never refers to Rapture as your source indicated, or anything remotely resembling it. The Rapture Myth began in 1830 after a vision by Margaret Mcdonald of Scotland. This term was then popularized a preacher named John Darby.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Also, the Bible never refers to Rapture as your source indicated, or anything remotely resembling it. The Rapture Myth began in 1830 after a vision by Margaret Mcdonald of Scotland. This term was then popularized a preacher named John Darby.

I am not completely sure there will be a rapture, therefore you will rarely hear me talking about it, but the earliest mention of a pretribulation rapture is found in either 4th century A.D. or 8th century A.D., depending on whether or not you consider the work it is mentioned in as pseudographical or not. If it is an authentic work of Ephraim, then there was indeed belief in a pretribulation rapture as early as the 300's A.D. If you believe it is a pseudographical work, then it is dated to the 700's A.D. There was also a pastor in the 17th century who taught the doctrine of a pretribulation.

Again, I don't talk about the rapture dogmatically because I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path if it is wrong but there were indeed references to it earlier than Darby and McDonald. As I like to say, I hope for a rapture but still have my concerns.

If you look at this prophecy in light of when it was written

As to your thoughts on the "3 day prophecy," what do you believe is the significance of the three days? I am almost convinced that, like much of Biblical prophecy, it has both a past and future dual fulfillment. The Old Testament prophets always seem to mention what was going on in their time as well as ours. Daniel, Hosea, Ezekiel, Amos, etc. I'm aware of the circumstances Hosea was written in as you explained them but looking through the context, I cannot ignore the dualism. Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Also, the Bible never refers to Rapture...

Oh, one more thing. The Bible most definitely talks about a rapture. Jesus and Paul both state emphatically this event will occur. The question is, is it a pretribulation rapture or a posttribulation rapture or as some even speculate, a midtribulation rapture.

I'm pretty sure you are aware of the passages referring to a rapture and will give you the benefit of the doubt you were only referring to a pretribulation rapture.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sounds exactly like the "Anti-Christ" described in the Bible don't you think? Set's up a one world government and kills those that don't submit. Suspiscious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join