It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier: War crimes are unofficial policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

U.S. Soldier: War crimes are unofficial policy

news10now.com

WATERTOWN, NY - "I was messed up in the head. It was okay for me. I laughed afterwards. We all did. It's just the way things go."

Iraq war veteran Jon Turner said it was almost expected of him to pull the trigger on people who didn't need to die. So he did.

"It was my decision," Turner said. "I made it. Now I have to live with the fact I see someone's eyes screaming at me after I shot them."

But Turner says it wasn't his choice to be encouraged to do it from higher ranking officers. He and three other veterans speaking out Saturday at the Different Drummer Cafe in Watertown said committing war crimes is not only the way things go, but it's unofficial policy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
War is such a terrible enterprise. Makes me sad in this day and age that we are still so primitive and barbaric.

This will be sure to get things heated up...

news10now.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Lol at the Time/Warner Jane Fonda news network. They will stoop to any depth to be unpatriotic and treasonous. I bet all them phoney soldier stories will lead to time in Levenworth. Either they are making the stories up which is an act of treason or they are admitting to crimes which are not in any way supported by US policy, which will lead to their arrests and trials. But then Time Warner doesn't care, if they go on trial it just makes for more sensational journalism which was pre-manufactured by themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
War is hell. I guess these guy's didn't fully understand what they were signing up for...(college money?). Reality bites.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes Of Course when the soldiers get bored they start taking shots for fun.
So much for liberating..

Than they complain about terrorists increasing.
Of course they will increase if you kill civilians for No reason.

Theres a related thread to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join