It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Breaking!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's important to note that all of these things happened in rapid succession. I woke up - wasn't feeling well. Go to take a nice hot shower, hot water's out. After the cold shower, I sit down to check my email, and my computer's not working. I go to the shooting range to take out my frustrations - my AK47 jams (Those things NEVER jam.) I get home, ask for advice on a forum, need pictures of the gun - my camera stops working. Somewhere in the middle of this, I develop a really bad cold. I decide to play a little Halo 3 - Halo 3 has mysteriously stopped working. I bring my Nintendo Wii over to my girlfriend's house, and the things freezes in the middle of a game of golf. Oh, and somebody backed into my car - but thankfully only managed to destroy my hubcap and put a very small scratch into the side of my car.

It's not that any of these things are all that terrible, but I just find it very frustrating that everything decided to just break all at once. Has anyone ever had a really weird series of unfortunate events like this? And to be fair, my computer started working again, and the Nintendo Wii isn't busted - just decided to freeze for a little bit.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You know, my motto is usually three strikes and you're out.For everything. After the third thing I would've taken that as a sign and gone right back to bed.Safer that way.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah... there's plenty of room at The Hotel California.

You can ckeck-out any time you like, but you can never leave. Keep your eyes on your fries and don't lend your Bar-Six to Bradshaw.

Just smile-zen Herm' and know that others may be having greater difficulties...

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh yes, I am very familiar with this phenomenon. I managed to kill the garbage disposal, garage door opener and cause my computer to show me the dreaded blue screen of death. In one day, by myself.

What I have learned is when one things breaks it is very important NOT to touch anything else. Go directly to your room and try not to touch anything else of value. The safest place is on the floor and maybe reading a book, but that's about it. In a day or so it will be safe to resume your normal life!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo4116
What I have learned is when one things breaks it is very important NOT to touch anything else. Go directly to your room and try not to touch anything else of value. The safest place is on the floor and maybe reading a book, but that's about it. In a day or so it will be safe to resume your normal life!

If we all would apply this simple piece of advice to our lives, I believe we would be better off. Look at 9/11. Wouldn't the world have been a much better place if we all had gone to bed for a week? Well at least the government
No, seriously, I agree, though it is not rational, lay low when you get that gut feeling of disaster. Give your self time to think to regenerate.
WIS

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Herman,

All of us have days like that at one time or another. I'll save my story for another day, but the sky fell in more than one place for me on 9/11. Nothing relating to the attacks for the most part, just everything else in my life crashed that day.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Sounds like......WITCHCRAFT!!

top topics

join