It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so... will usa destroy their nukes too?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
the thing I think everone is not looking at( or didn't look at) is the mentality of the Iraqi people. In not saying in the sense of being dumb, but their religious ideals, the views on the Western world after Desert Storm. Put yourself in their postion. I mean some of us are going through the same thing, Bush as a dictator. How will we like it when and if Martial Law is declared? who is going to come bail us out?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Originally posted by mouko_ryuu
hehe, sounds weird, but is totally true:

Nukes save lives.

Yeah if we dont ever use them.

Drunk, close one eye and follow the bouncing ball: THE NUCLEAR BOMB SAVED MANY LIVES IN WWII. THOUSANDS MORE AMERICAN LIVES WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST. THOUSANDS MORE JAPANESE CIVILIANS WOULD HAVE DIED IN THE LAND INVASION.
The women and children were being prepared to fight in the streets. They would have died.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
... does Israel have nukes?

Yes, I believe they do, which was why Scud launches were such a problem in the Gulf War, we didn't want Israel to fry Baghdad in retaliation

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

... does Israel have nukes?

Yes, I believe they do, which was why Scud launches were such a problem in the Gulf War, we didn't want Israel to fry Baghdad in retaliation

I think allowing israel Nukes is just as dangerous to the world in general as N.Korea, Iraq, Iran or anyone else... its one of the things that bugs me about the US's whole 'gotta keep WMD's off rogue states' thing is that its so inconsistant... Israel is as dangerous as anyone else... they'd nuke an Arab state given half a reason to do so as much as Saddam would've... but because Israel is an American ally they're ok to have them... just bugs me so much

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hell maybe theyre even going to try to pursue Russia to destroy their nukes; now that would be reatrted
(if you get what im saying)

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Russia and the USA wont give up their nukes untill they find something more effective to use as a detterant... then its just the same problem but with a newer weapon

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Russia and the USA wont give up their nukes untill they find something more effective to use as a detterant... then its just the same problem but with a newer weapon

Yes, it's sad to say, but once you decide to go down the WMD road, there's really no coming back,

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well i would still feel safer if one or two 'rogue' states not allied with the US had them, at least then there is a detterant to the US using them... i know it sounds dumb but hey (and no offence to you yanks out there) i just dont 100% trust the USA government or its intentions...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well i would still feel safer if one or two 'rogue' states not allied with the US had them, at least then there is a detterant to the US using them... i know it sounds dumb but hey (and no offence to you yanks out there) i just dont 100% trust the USA government or its intentions...

No offense taken, although I don't even think the most distrustful person could ever think the US would first-strike, nuclear-wise. You just...can't nuke somebody. It's basically signing your own death setence.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yeah logic says so i guess... but i still feel a little uneasy with their actions... and the more Arab countries the invade (Syria or Iran are my guess) the more they are increasing the risk of a terror group actively finding a nuke and using it.

I dont think iraq iran or syria would have used any nukes they had first either... its just plain stupid to launch first... but seriously it wouldnt suprise me if the USA did launch nuke someone... they;d cover it up of course and the western world would lap it up as well... oh well... i'm alive and i doubt he'll nuke australia if he DID nuke anyone

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The US will keep nukes as long as there is any other country that would have the desire or potential to unseat it from its position of influence in the world.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The US will keep nukes as long as there is any other country that would have the desire or potential to unseat it from its position of influence in the world.

Thats just politics and there will always be a country that will want to unseat them or any other nation withthat much power... its human nature

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Is it really? Did the US invade China when it was a basket case? did it invade North Korea? Did it invade Russia?

Aggressors want what they want because they want it not because it has any logical basis to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Is it really? Did the US invade China when it was a basket case? did it invade North Korea? Did it invade Russia?

Aggressors want what they want because they want it not because it has any logical basis to it.

It is true... the US had more power than them all along anyways so the US just needed to curb their spread as opposed to de-seating them from power... but even if they had more power it doesnt really mean it had to be the US that invaded them... remember only a minority of countries have 'official' anti-US stances in politics, butthere will always be a few Cats who want to kill the Lion

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Okay,

First of all if it wasn't for the US battleships that blocked the japanese supply boats from bringing in some resources from south east asian countries, there would have been no war between Japan and America.

Second of all if it wasn't for the Germans, the Americans would have never though of such a weapon and the only reason they are so 'powerful' today is because they had the money at the time to produce the nuke, get the Japanese resources e.g oil , sell it and make some.

Thirdly, America did # in WWII. AND WHEN I MEAN # I MEAN THAT THEY SITTING ON THERE ARSES HAVING A GOOD TIME AND LETTING ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES SOLDIERS DIE INSTEAD OF THEIR OWN. THEN WHEN BRITAIN IS ABOUT TO WIN, AMERICA DECIDES TO SEND IN A COUPLE OF PARATROOPERS!. To those who think that America won WWII i say to them shut the hell up. why?, because it was Britain who bombed Berlin, used its troops to invade it and made Hitler commit suicide.

All of you guys who watch movies of WWII made by Americans ARE going to have the story wrong because they think that they are so great.

Also, if it wasn't for Australia helping the US against Japan, there would have been no way for the US to win since Japan had sunk many ships and had an excellent number of aircraft ready to bomb the crap out of America again!

and 'yes' America will fall. The more it places a stranglehold on the Middle East the stronger the terrorists, gurellias and rebels will get. The more stronger the Middle East gets the quicker America will fall!

Finally, America CANT use its nukes at all. If it decides to nuke the Middle East it loses valuable oil. If it decides to bomb Australia it will lose backup in war and plutonium. If it decides to get Europe, America will fall overnight. If it decides to bomb Africa, UN troops will invade the US or Libya will use Chemical and Nuclear Weapons. If it decides to bomb Asia it's gonna lose tonnes of allies, research in computer technology and resources.

So now i come to my conclusion that......I pity the people who live in the US because it WILL collapse due to the fact that it is so f***ing stupid!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by revenge
Okay,

First of all if it wasn't for the US battleships that blocked the japanese supply boats from bringing in some resources from south east asian countries, there would have been no war between Japan and America.

Second of all if it wasn't for the Germans, the Americans would have never though of such a weapon and the only reason they are so 'powerful' today is because they had the money at the time to produce the nuke, get the Japanese resources e.g oil , sell it and make some.

Thirdly, America did # in WWII. AND WHEN I MEAN # I MEAN THAT THEY SITTING ON THERE ARSES HAVING A GOOD TIME AND LETTING ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES SOLDIERS DIE INSTEAD OF THEIR OWN. THEN WHEN BRITAIN IS ABOUT TO WIN, AMERICA DECIDES TO SEND IN A COUPLE OF PARATROOPERS!. To those who think that America won WWII i say to them shut the hell up. why?, because it was Britain who bombed Berlin, used its troops to invade it and made Hitler commit suicide.

All of you guys who watch movies of WWII made by Americans ARE going to have the story wrong because they think that they are so great.

Also, if it wasn't for Australia helping the US against Japan, there would have been no way for the US to win since Japan had sunk many ships and had an excellent number of aircraft ready to bomb the crap out of America again!

and 'yes' America will fall. The more it places a stranglehold on the Middle East the stronger the terrorists, gurellias and rebels will get. The more stronger the Middle East gets the quicker America will fall!

Finally, America CANT use its nukes at all. If it decides to nuke the Middle East it loses valuable oil. If it decides to bomb Australia it will lose backup in war and plutonium. If it decides to get Europe, America will fall overnight. If it decides to bomb Africa, UN troops will invade the US or Libya will use Chemical and Nuclear Weapons. If it decides to bomb Asia it's gonna lose tonnes of allies, research in computer technology and resources.

So now i come to my conclusion that......I pity the people who live in the US because it WILL collapse due to the fact that it is so f***ing stupid!!!

wow i like the cut of your jib... you get worked up like me when it comes to anti-US stuff... cool we should start AA-USA Aussies Against the USA

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't chime in on a lot of things here, but I couldn't resist on this one. first things first, for those of you who think that Europe could have beaten Germany with out the assistance of the US.......WRONG! Germany was moving so fast that none of the countries would have stood a chance. Ok, I'll give you britain's invasion on Berlin, but could they have done it without the help of the US forces severly weaking the german forces, I THINK NOT! Britian was getting bombed on a nightly basis was it not?!? How long would it have taken Germans to over run Britian? another year of fighting? 6 months? Plus, the US was not only fighting stong in Europe but also fighting strong in the pacific. could Britain have divided it's forces with such efficenicy?? NOPE. So as for the US not winning WW2, you are severly FLAWED. Also, if any of the Middle Eastern countries detonated a Nuke in the states, guess what, we could just call that country the "Big Glass Parking Lot". Why have there been no more domestic terrorist in the US besides the Earth Liberation Front. So all in all, when it comes down to good ol' american lives or a glass parking lot, my vote goes for the parking lot, we'll get oil somewheres else. And in case you didn't get the vibe, I'm one proud American living in the land of the free. -Peace Out

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Wromg man!

First of all the US only did its most damage on DDAY/ Omaha beach. From then on it had to back out because of Japan.

Second of all, it was Russia who invaded German and weakened its troops in Russia and East Germany and that gave way to the British and European Allies to attack Germany. It wasn't the US so dont make up any bull#.

Thirdly, yes Britain was under attack, BUT it doesn't mean that it didn;t have its borders gaurded with battle ships to prevent U-Boat invasion.

Also, the US didn't divide their troops with such 'precision' in the Pacific. That was the reason that they were losing!LOL!
So you cant sit their and tell me that America was so good in WW2 because it was fighting in Europe and the Pacific, beause you were seriously getting your ass kicked!If it weren't for Australia backing you up in the Pacific and holding off the Japs long enough to build your nuke, you wouldn't be here talking bull#.

Finally, the chance of a nuke detonating in the US is extremely high. You say that you have kept out 'domestic' terrorists, but it seems to me and to everyone in the world that many of your military units are aiding Al-Qaeda. This was on the news so dont make up crap about this either.

Also the fact that you guys keep on making this bull# about the US makes me dislike it even more. Unfortunately your politians have given the US a bad name, and i am sure none of its citizens approve of it.

America's fall will come on day...........
America's isolation will occur one day............
A nuke being detonated in America is a 100% chance with the image your portraying to the world.

I feel really sorry for those who think what America is doing is just.....

[Edited on 15/2/04 by revenge]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't even know where to begin on this topic. Lets start with Australia. Look up the Battle of the Coral Sea to see who saved who's ass in the Pacific in WWII. If the US hadn't won this one, all you Australians would be speaking Japanese right now. And as for letting an "anti-US" country have some WMD, how about we let Indonesia get a nuke. I'm sure you would all love that. You know how much the Indonesians love Australians. I mean they would never think of blowing up a night club in Bali full of Australian tourists. It's a little different when it's someone who is likely to use it against you isn't it? Now on to Europe in WWII. So according to your post the US played little to no part in the fall of Germany? I guess the US played no part in getting the Germans out of North Africa. I guess the US never invaded Italy. I guess Patton never rolled through Europe. Ever heard of the battle of the Bulge? I guess that battle never took place between 600,000 German troops, 500,000 American troops and 55,000 British troops. According to you, the US did nothing after D-Day.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Drunk, close one eye and follow the bouncing ball: THE NUCLEAR BOMB SAVED MANY LIVES IN WWII. THOUSANDS MORE AMERICAN LIVES WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST. THOUSANDS MORE JAPANESE CIVILIANS WOULD HAVE DIED IN THE LAND INVASION.
The women and children were being prepared to fight in the streets. They would have died.

This is bull#, nothing can justify the slaughter of that many innocent people. The japanese were on the brink of surrender and everyone knows it. What America did was wrong, a mere testing ground for new technology, and a tragicly horrific disaster.

"NUCLEAR BOMB SAVED MANY LIVES "

Thats a real good quote there TC, maybe you should think about the crap you are coming out with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join