It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much of this is The Truth about Barack Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This website freedomsenemies.com has an agenda as stated in their about page linked above, they are against the leftist and Islamists attempt to take over the US, but uses a wide variety of sources in their bio of the candidate:

Every attempt is made to provide attribution and/or links to content reprinted from other sources. I have lost a couple of links that provided extract attribution in copying material from one of my previous sites. If you find un-attributed content within this site, please notify me via the "feedback link" and I will provide appropriate attribution and/or sourcing immediately.

Keep this in mind when you read the bio, it goes into Barack's entire life and while some of the information could be a smear and it is definitely easy to see the site bias against Obama, how much of this information is true?

I am just getting started in finding out if some of the info is correct, for one, Barack's association with a Tony Rezko in Illinois, his relationship with Raila Odinga (Barack's cousin?), whose supporters were responsible for the murder of the Christians in the church in Kenya following Odinga's loss in the elections there, and one that should be easy to find out, Obama wrote the book Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream and released the book in Indonesia under a different title, which could loosely read Assault Hope: From Jakarta to the White House or possibly Jihad: From Jakarta To The Whitehouse, I am sure one of our members could easily translate this information.

The site says that there is a web cleansing going on and some of the info is being wiped off the internet so while I look into some of this information, I wanted to point this out to the members who are interested so they can comment, blast, praise, research, and see just how much of this info is on the level.

I am trying to be unbiased in my assessment of Obama so I won't quote any of the page, because in all honesty the site is slanted against Obama, but what worries me is that if only a small portion of what is presented is true, why is the MSM so strongly behind him and why is this information not being presented to the voters?

If interested please visit the site below:

Barack Obama

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Association with Tony Rezko

A quick search reveals that Rezlo is going on trial February 25 and ABC news has reported the alleged ties of Obama to Rezko:

After Near Total Silence, ABC Finally Investigates Obama Land Deal

After completely ignoring the story, ABC investigative correspondent Brian Ross finally featured a segment on a questionable real estate deal by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. On Thursday's "Good Morning America," the reporter looked at the Illinois senator's relationship with Tony Rezko, a political operator who raised cash for candidates. Rezko, who will go on trial in February for charges related to bribes and extortion, played a role in a house purchase by Obama.

ABC piece:

The Rezko Connection: Obama's Achilles Heel?

Mediamatters take on the ABC piece:

ABC's Ross gave misleading account of Obama statements in order to assert inconsistency

For clarity, mediamatters is a left leaning organization:

about

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

emphasis:mine

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the trial of Rezko starting in late February.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Obinga - Obama Connection?

This video made by 12september1683, an activist against the violent oppression of women in Islam, according to the youtube profile touches on Obinga's described friendship with Senator Obama.

This article in the NYSun claims that Obama and Obinga are possibly cousins, and that Obama supported Obinga at political rallies when the Senator visited Kenya in 2006.

The Kenya Connection

Mr. Odinga even claims that Mr. Obama is his cousin, because the senator's father was Mr. Odinga's maternal uncle. Whether or not this true, the two men are friends and political allies.

In August 2006, Mr. Obama visited Kenya and spoke in support of Mr. Odinga's candidacy at rallies in Nairobi. The Web site Atlas Shrugs has even posted a photograph of the two men side by side. More recently, Mr. Odinga says that Mr. Obama interrupted his campaigning in New Hampshire to have a telephone conversation with his African cousin about the constitutional crisis in Kenya.

If there is a connection it would be troubling when taken in context to the signed document Obinga signed pledging to turn Kenya into an Islamic sharia state.

This screen shot is from page 2 of the pledge.

Obinga Pledge to Muslim Leaders PDF

This Chicago SunTimes piece doesn't make a complete tie but the author does mention that she was in Kenya in 2006 and witnessed an Obama speech whose target was Obinga's opponent and winner of the election President Kibaki:

Kenya turmoil a test for Obama

...I saw how Kenyans adulated Obama. I met his half sister, Auma, who lives in Nairobi and who has been in Iowa campaigning for him.

I was there when Obama delivered a lecture on corruption intended for the ears of Kibaki, a member of the Kikuyu tribe.

I watched Odinga, a Luo, as was Obama's father, hover when Obama got an AIDS test with wife, Michelle, and then be part of the welcoming ceremony the day Obama visited his father's homestead.

As Kenya boiled, Obama reached out to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to discuss the situation. I'm told it was Obama's idea to put out the statement.

I understand Obama has to be careful because while he is one of the most credible figures the United States has to deal with Kenya, the dispute between Odinga and Kibaki is mired in tribal politics. Obama, very aware that Kenyans may see him as a Luo in this context, does not want to be seen as taking sides...

Here is an AP article on Obama calling Obinga in an effort to quiet down the violence which erupted in Kenya following the recent election which could have been tainted by both sides :

Obama Calls Kenya Opposition Leader

U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama phoned Kenya's opposition leader as diplomatic attempts to end Kenya's political crisis intensified Tuesday.

The death toll from a week of violence after President Mwai Kibaki's disputed re-election has reached nearly 500, according to the government, though the opposition claimed the death toll could be up to 1,000. On Monday, Kibaki and opposition leader Raila Odinga made key concessions under U.S. pressure.

ed:sp+add AP link

[edit on 1/14/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thanks Jack for all these posts.
Even if only 1/3 of it is true, it is definitely enough to try
and keep Obama out of the White House.

Another thing that has bothered me is this.

In another news article I read about Obama (can't remember
the source). Obama claims that he just recently paid off all his
(and his wife's) student loans.

Now my question would be:

Was this BEFORE or AFTER he received all his millions for the campaign
support? I mean if you were deep in debt from student loans and had
access to all this money, would it not even cross your mind to kill 2
birds with one stone. Spend the campaign money and clear up your
debt at the same time. I mean he doesn't even have to WIN the election
to divert the money to pay off the debt.

I mean: it is worth looking into.

edited for spelling

[edit on 14-1-2008 by SimonSays]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I haven't sifted through all the material about Obama's father and grandparents but will find out as much as I can. The comments aout his mother's attraction to men of color, even if true, are an obvious attempt to stir up racial hatred and fear of interracial relationships. I am not well informed about his cousin's role in Kenyan politics. There is just so much material that it will take a long time to separate the facts from the mere allegations. One of the main points the website seems to want to establish is that Obama's family history makes him somehow "unamerican."

There have already been several threads on 1.) Is Obama really a Muslim, and as such will he declare "holy war" on America once he gets to be president? 2). Is Obama's church racist because it doesn't mention whites in its mission statement? I think both questions have been done to death. It's established that some people accept his membership in a black church while some say any black church is racist. It's also been well documented that Obama has never attended a madrassa, that the Catholic school he did attend was not Muslim, that he is not nor ever has been a Muslim.

As I've said in other threads: even if he was a Muslim there is no indication that he would subvert the country as a result of his religion. Such allegations play on the fear and prejudice against Muslims in the hope of influencing voters.

Even with the tidal wave of "facts," the main thrust of the article was just the same two allegations that are always brought up against Obama.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I somewhat agree on your two points about Obama being a muslim and the accusations about his membership in the church, but I disagree that the those were the main thrust of the site.

Sen. Obama's alleged ties to Razko is something to keep an eye on as well as his record in the Senate. When asked if he was going to run for President after getting elected to the Senate, he responded NO, he wanted to serve in the Senate to help the citizens of Illinois.

Sen. Obama is now running for President on a platform of change, one way to gauge what he means when he says he represents change is to look at his voting record while representing the citizens of Illinois, has he fulfilled his promises when he was elected, what has he accomplished?

I know that Sen. Obama is a very good public speaker, I have seen him, 2004 Dem Convention, his Iowa victory speech, both were wonderful examples, but it proves nothing except the fact that the man can deliver a great speech.

Edwards and Huckabee talk a good game too, but it is an old game of trying to make us feel bad about ourselves and feel that these candidates have each and every one of us in mind when the reach the Oval Office.

Talk about playing on fears and worries, it is up to us to break down these candidates in a fair and rational way, it is obvious that the MSM won't, so we have to bring up these types of issues and try to prove and disprove them with as much evidence that we have access to.

We cannot just dismiss everything as bias here and counter-bias there, we should seek the truth and with this forum we have an excellent opportunity to do just that.

While I may voice some of my opinions on the matter, I pledge to you and the rest of the members that I will make every attempt to be straight forward and honest in my participation in finding the truth.

I ask the same as we head into this election year.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You want more truth about Obama

Obama tied to Real Estate misappropriation Land Deal
with known crook (also campaign donor)

Washington Post

Now add on top of that Obama bought $50,000 of stock in company
and pushed legislation thru to make profit

New York Times

he's a dirty crook
and on the 10 most wanted corrupt politicans as posted by the judicial
watch organization.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well, his "church" follows quite a few..."segregationist" ideals:

Beliefs of the Trinity United Church of Christ
1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of “Middleclassness”
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.”

wordforit.wordpress.com...

Presidential candidate Barack Obama preaches on the campaign trail that America needs a new consensus based on faith and bipartisanship, yet he continues to attend a controversial Chicago church whose pastor routinely refers to “white arrogance” and “the United States of White America.

archive.newsmax.com...

Naturally, as we can see with Ron Paul "accepting" $500 from a racist organisation/"lending his name" to a magazine with presumed-racist quotes, the Media Cartel launched into Ron Paul with a vengeance, yet on the case of Obama...

I mean, if we switched it to mention Ron Paul's pastor as espousing venom towards "The United States of Black America" - well, I'll leave that for you to figure out.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

That is the kinds of issues that should be brought up because they are questionable to say the least. In the Wash Post article you linked, Obama admitted that it was boneheaded for him to purchase an adjacent slice of property from Rezko who was already known as a shady character at the time. Obama also gave Rezko's $11,500 campaign donation to charity but does this wipe away the fact that he was a long time associate of Rezko?

The issue is ethics, while the Obama deal was by the book, it was considered a mistake, (error in judgement), by Chicago watchdog groups.

Not to mention that most of us would love to get the kind of discounts that the Senator received when purchasing his Chicago mansion.

The second linked article is already addressed in other threads on ATS & AP so I will leave that for discussion in those threads.

reply to post by Chaoticar

This piece of info surfaced long ago and has many threads where comment has been made concerning the church that Barack is a member.

There is plenty of discussion already on that subject so I won't continue that specific topic in this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Rezko Connection

This is a very interesting development in the Obama Rezko connection.

Obama to return Rezko-linked donations

Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama said Saturday that his campaign would give charities $40,350 in donations linked to his former friend and fundraiser Tony Rezko, a Chicago businessman who has pleaded not guilty to federal influence-peddling and bank fraud charges.

Obama already has divested more than $44,000 in Rezko-affiliated donations during the last year. But Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said the campaign made a comprehensive review of donations affiliated with Rezko and "found some we'd feel more comfortable not having."

This will probably be swept under the rug since I can't see Hillary using this against Obama since her campaign had to get rid of questionable donations from the chinese criminal earlier this year.

If Obama does get the nomination, his opponenet will be sure to bring this up, count on that, Obama has a long history with Rezko who goes on trial in the near future.

Remember the name Rezko, I don't think Obama can get away with this association, there are too many documented and available instances of the ties between the two.

I can understand why the Obama campaign would feel uncomfortable keeping those funds.

ed:sp

[edit on 1/20/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The real estate scandals are a dime-a-dozen (whitewater, harry reid)., and you're right, will be swept under the rug. The Muslim stuff requires vetting w/ extreme care. In particular, how much of it is coming from Klamp Klinton.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by russell b. garrard

I am not too concerned with the Muslim affiliation, what is disturbing is the shady deals and history of association with this guy from Chicago.

Sen. Obama speaks from the angle of change, but his history seems to fall in line with alot of the corrupt politicians already in place.

No change there.

I am not trying to defame him, I just see the MSM passing on anything negative having to do with Sen. Obama.

We should be informed of the good & bad of each of the candidates if we are to make a proper assessment of what these candidates will do should they win the general election in November.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What are these "Black Values"? Is this church he is a member of a Christian version of Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam?

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Rezko Connection

I guess the gloves are off now. I was mistaken when I said Sen. CLinton wouldn't want to use Rezko against Sen. Obama.

Hillary blasted Sen. Obama on his ties to Rezko in the debate.

Obama and Clinton Tangle at Debate

...As she has never done before, Mrs. Clinton linked Mr. Obama to a longtime fund-raiser, whom she characterized as a slumlord in “inner-city Chicago.”

Mrs. Clinton was referring to Mr. Obama’s ties to Antoin Rezko, a Chicago businessman who was indicted last fall on federal charges of business fraud and influence peddling connected to the administration of Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich of Illinois. Mr. Obama did work for a law firm in Chicago and performed legal work involving Mr. Rezko’s housing developments. On Saturday, Mr. Obama returned more than $40,000 in political contributions that were linked to Mr. Rezko....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

what can we do to get the word out?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

top topics

join