It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why bother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why bother trying to uncover the truth about aliens? Even if you find "the truth" no-one would will believe you without hard evidence, and if the government is holding that we'll never see it. We would need something more than just photos and fuzzy videos, like a spaceship or something. I'm not saying everyone should stop looking, I'm just saying it will probably be pointless to find.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why post this, simply knowing you will be showered with ridicule untill you bleed corn pops.

Of course the Goverment will keep everything from us, they have so many years.

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why bother to do anything then?

For most people, studying what is available on UFOs/ETs is a hobby and we LIKE to read about it and discuss it.

Fact is that some organizations are trying, however fruitlessly, to lobby Congress regarding UFO/ET evidence. The only way to do anything is to try, even if you fail. This is what these groups are doing.

There also IS more than just fuzzy pictures and videos of flying saucers. We have events with declassified documents like the 1965 Edwards AFB and 1980 Rendlesham Forest incidents that are factual UFO cases with government knowledge on the events. We even have groups of people such as the Disclosure Project who are lobbying to get an investigation started into UFO secrecy. These are men and women who used to be government personnel. You can't say we don't have good evidence, we do. You just need to LOOK at it. Will it help? It hasn't helped much in nearly 60 years, but we are out of the Cold War now and eventually push will come to shove and the information will have to come out in some way. This is one skeleton that will not stay in the closet forever.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Heelstone,

I agree, for many years the military and government has used experts to ridicule and even destroy ufo buffs, advocates, experts and most unfortunately of all, abductees!

They have no shame!

But many academics are starting to realize as our technology continues that those wacky ideas of 10, 20 or 30 or more years ago were not so wacky. Many are beginning to question their own scientific community for its lack of adventure in seeing the potentials in these ideas.

Surprisingly, science was used to make fools of those that suffered in the imposed UFO blackout but science will also raise the curtain and expose this hypocrisy to the light!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And who's going to raise the curtain? NASA? NASA wouldn't do anything the government doesn't want to do, it would risk losing funding. And NASA will also debunk any evidence brought to light for the same reason.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackHippo
And who's going to raise the curtain? NASA? NASA wouldn't do anything the government doesn't want to do, it would risk losing funding. And NASA will also debunk any evidence brought to light for the same reason.
You answered this question yourself. NASA won't be giving any disclosure on the subject.

The only group that can raise the curtain on the secrecy is the public itself or if aliens decide to do it for us. Our government won't do it as you've already mentioned.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why

It' entertaning and I'm boooord

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The point of the post is that the public can't do it.

There's not enough evidence, or the evidence we have isnt getting enough media coverage. Either way, we don't have enough people to get the government to do anything, and the odds of finding UNDENIABLE evidence is very low. Without that evidence we can't get enough media coverage to get more people.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Why bother trying to uncover the truth about aliens? Even if you find "the truth" no-one would will believe you without hard evidence, and if the government is holding that we'll never see it. We would need something more than just photos and fuzzy videos, like a spaceship or something. I'm not saying everyone should stop looking, I'm just saying it will probably be pointless to find.
We should bother because we, as a people, have a right to know what aliens and UFO's are about. Wouldn't you like to know what aliens are? Where they are from? Why the Government denies their knowledge about them?

It is basically the same mentality of those who try to find out who killed the past U.S. President JFK; I mean, what organization was behind his killing and why did this organization terminate him?

People can't just lay back and relax about issues of Government conspiracies. If we don't investigate ourselves on why the government releases no official information about UFO's and alien life forms, by the time we start to actually intensify research in this area, the Governments plans in relation to the alien phenomena will have taken effect. That's what amazes myself, why the Government does not want to release this information to the people.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The point of the post is that the public can't do it.

There's not enough evidence, or the evidence we have isnt getting enough media coverage. Either way, we don't have enough people to get the government to do anything, and the odds of finding UNDENIABLE evidence is very low. Without that evidence we can't get enough media coverage to get more people.
Evidence is NOT the same thing as proof, if you didn't know, and we have TONS of evidence regarding the reality of this subject. Is any of the evidence proof? Certainly if it was taken into court to prove the case for ETs/UFOs I suspect it would, but such a court case has yet to be made. And yes, we have plenty of undeniable evidence. Its just not proof until our government says so. Understand the difference?

Media coverage will not be forthcoming, so you don't even need to bring that up.

You also don't type as if you think that extraterrestrials will ever fully make themselves known when they have been showing up for eye witness reports, photos, and video for years now and it just keeps pouring on. Is it guaranteed that they will out themselves? Absolutely not, but whatever is flying UFOs certainly isn't trying to hide too hard. The only people making their job tough are our governments.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Doing your own research as a hobby is fine. There's nothing wrong with trying to gain more knowledge.

But thinking that the knowledge about aliens will change anything is wrong. Clearly, the "undeniable evidence" is still being denied by most people. If the government has to deem this "undeniable envidence" "proof" before people will believe it, they'll have already have achieved whatever they wanted to do.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
umm, you'd have to have hard evidence in the first place to find the truth...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
umm, you'd have to have hard evidence in the first place to find the truth...

We can believe the evidence, but everyone else needs proof. Proof is defined by the government.(read heelstone's post)

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by AttackHippo]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Need I remind you that many of the documented UFO cases go unsolved. Even past and modern astronauts have come forward telling the public that flying saucers do in FACT exist. If I recall, one of our former presidents have even had an encounter of his own. The evidence is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why Bother?

If I didn't want to bother, I wouldn't be here reading & posting. The why bother folks are the 99% of the population that's not here.

I seek the truth no matter how much it may hurt. It's a hunger that needs to be fulfilled. Besides I believe we can make a difference if not to the rest of the world at least for ourselves.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

LOL...so whatever "we" as the public find, even if it is hard evidence or proof will be debunked. Some of the most noted cases (read: Phoenix Lights), have you heard the government's explanation? LOL. Absurd! Many of their "explanations" make no sense at all. To each their own, I for one will continue to look for proof and evidence, even if it is explained (so convientently) by the government.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered something? And wanted an answer? When I investigate anything, its for personal satisfaction and gratification. There is no point in posting another picture of a UFO, or trying to point out flaws in governmental stories.

Basically, most people believe the government lies about UFO's and other top secret info, and that isn't going to change.

Seek answers to your questions.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This sounds almost as if it's read out of the MiB handbook.That's exactly what they say to folks they are trying to dissuade from sharing their experience..."You know that no one will believe you if you do decide to talk right?"Hehheh

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's the thing.... Those that were involved in such events are getting older, and their reasons are less and less to keep the secret safe...

Leaks continue to happen all the time, and we learn more and more. Piecing it all together is fun, and an interesting exercise, as is separating the bunk, from the genuine info.... That's the fun part, and the reason, in addition to the actual truth.

There is more than ample evidence out there, to prove even the most ardent of skeptics... Problem is, most don't do the legwork to find it, or verify it, even if it's given to them on a silver platter.....

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
why bother? why not. I'd rather find out the truth now than leave it for the next generation. I think that life would be pretty boring if we just sat back and excepted that this was it, and in the end if we were to find out that there is nothing more to our lives than we already know then at least it has been fun trying.

top topics

join