It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on cloning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Any thoughts on cloning and how far it should be taken. Do you think cloning is alot further along then we are led to believe? How far off do you see the cloning of humans? Is cloning right? and to what extent should it be done to?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Cloning may have long term benefits to science and health, but I think that cloning humans is too risky. We dont want to end up with mutants or anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think cloning exploits sex and life. It's wong to exploit huiman babies just for their organs or whatever. I don't think it should be practised at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I wish i could clone my dead cat...i loved that cat...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i think cloning is an amazing technology with endless useful possibilities, and it could do so much good for the human race. but i also think that we as a society are not responsible enough to adequately clone humans without horrible reprocussions.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Humanity is not mature enough to dwell with these technologies.

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I believe in cloning organs because it saves many lives. But as far as cloning humans goes....I think its a bad idea. People would try to clone armies, and clones would be mutated. Its not fair to the clone.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I believe in cloning organs because it saves many lives. But as far as cloning humans goes....I think its a bad idea. People would try to clone armies, and clones would be mutated. Its not fair to the clone.

exactly what I was thinking.......I feel cloning organs would be fine but cloning humans always ends up being for a bad reason.....

I'm sure they would love clones as a Military weapon.. .

mutations for military advantage.......

the thought is very sickening.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i think cloning is a little ways away for humans (if it could be researched and practiced with no government regulation).... like maybe 25-30 years to be able to do it well.

If im not mistaken though, cloning humans is illegal in the US and most other westernized countries, and since the human DNA sequence is significantly larger than most other animals, it will be a bit difficult to do without government funds.

cloning individual organs is even more difficult to do, and as someone touched on before, it requires stem cells, and at the moment stem cell research is at best contriversial.

As for how far it should be taken, from a medical standpoint, it could be the biggest step since steralization because it would give us an unlimited suply of identical organs. Gene research is general holds the promise to give us cures for many diseases, and ultimately could let us change our own genes, both in good and bad ways.

I think we humans should proceed tentatively, and with extreme caution.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't care if other people get cloned, because its not me. Because I was thinking, you each have a soul, or something like it. Then what would happned if someone just like you has the same soul, when you die you get kicked out of your after life which just sucks dick.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think clones would have a soul.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I don't care if other people get cloned, because its not me. Because I was thinking, you each have a soul, or something like it. Then what would happned if someone just like you has the same soul, when you die you get kicked out of your after life which just sucks dick.

How I see it, your soul is what you are after you die. If someone else had the vary same soul as you, it'd be like two people in one body... I dunno, just weird.

But I believe that only God can give you your soul, and if God doesn't create the clone, the clone doesn't have a soul.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

But I believe that only God can give you your soul, and if God doesn't create the clone, the clone doesn't have a soul.

How could something that breathes, talks and thinks not have a soul?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

agreed!!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Looks like most of the people who have answered the thread have been watching a lot of sci-fi movies.

Relax everyone, cloning is not going to happen anytime soon, and as for the mutant armies, I don't think it will ever happen, because in a mutant army if one has a disease, everyone else gets it.
Therefore they all die, period.

I don't think any gov't is stupid enough to waste enormous amounts of money and man-power to create a such a vulnerable machine.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How could something that breathes, talks and thinks not have a soul?

This isn't an attack here, but do you believe in God?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i think finally they will start cloning humans(i think they have already done it! we just don't know it yet) but only scientists, and important people

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Looks like most of the people who have answered the thread have been watching a lot of sci-fi movies.

Relax everyone, cloning is not going to happen anytime soon, and as for the mutant armies, I don't think it will ever happen, because in a mutant army if one has a disease, everyone else gets it.
Therefore they all die, period.

I don't think any gov't is stupid enough to waste enormous amounts of money and man-power to create a such a vulnerable machine.

just out of curiosity, where did you obtain your degree on mutant clones?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think we should all have about 5 clones a piece..just cut em open and gut em if you need a transplant or your just plain bored..go ahead..he/she is your clone!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Supposedly the Raelian religion (Owner's of the company Clonaid) have already created a few human baby clones, for couples who have paid them a few hundred thousand to clone their dead children.

It is not really far off, if it is already being done. Rael says he cannot show proof of the children being clones, for their lives would be too distrupted, but he claims that once he gets a family to agree to let their child be shown as proof, he will make it public.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by QuestForSafety]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join