It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of Gert, My Best Friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Gert would never let you down. He was always smiling and accommodating. He had a warmth very few people possess.

People would think he was a happy guy, but it was just his way in not letting anyone down. He wanted to make everybody happy, but actually he himself was a worried man. He had a tremendous knowledge about history and politics. That's what made him worried I think, and sometimes depressed.

Only to very few people he would show it. I was one of the few granted that confidence. Gert was my best friend, the best one I ever had, one that it's not allotted everybody to have. He was my soulmate. No one can substitute him.

He died in Denmark two days before Christmas. I stay in Thailand, so the sad tidings was first revealed to me ten days ago. Removal of two wisdom teeth caused an infection they couldn't knock down. Being diabetic with a damaged liver function, he didn't make it.

Though his last year was in a painful state, he would never show it. He was a singer in a band --as well as a church choir-- and the picture is from, what I think was his last gig this summer.

You cannot say his body was in balance, early on he neglected it a little too much, but his spirit always was. He had an intellectual power like few , the most profound I personally have known. Our discussions was always at a very high level, and what he haven't enlightened me about is not worth mentioning. He knew just about every event in history from ancient Greece till today. Though he was an apolitical person himself his insight in politics was outstanding. I'm sorry, but not even ATS can substitute our discussions. I will miss them and him sooo much.

I know I shouldn't complain, the passing of Gert is worst for his old parents, his wife and two sons. But to me the pain of the loss gets worse for every day, so I try to get a little relief posting this rant, and same time to excuse if I should come out too negative other places on the board. I know you all understand, and maybe I shouldn't post for awhile, but the only distraction I can offer my mind right now is ATS, so forgive me, as I hope you will this rant.

Gert... may peace and light always follow you.

Love
Mogens

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You are so very lucky to have had such a friend.

May he rest in Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply, whaaa.

Yes, I know I'm privileged, but Gert was gifted.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Gosh, Im sorry for your loss, What a wonderfull person this man seemed to be,

What lessons he has passed on and the gift of a great memory for you,

In you he will live on

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thank you asala, very kind of you to join in.

Let me tell you, Gert was the only person in the real world, live, I could talk CT with.

Years before I came to ATS, he said he was not sure Osama binLaden was nothing but a phantom and 9/11 an inside job... and he did not get his info from the net. He never liked computers, he loved books and was always reading. And he never watch television, but he listened to the radio. In Denmark we still have a fairly independent state radio, much like BBC I guess, where the views are critical and biased by the journalists, some say. But very qualified, and one of the best broadcasting services left in the world, I say.

Gert got to his conclusions by thinking... with his huge knowledge about history and world events connecting the dots of info he got from papers, books and radio ...and from discussions.

Our relationship was a truely mutual give and take. He have told me more about politic and history than anything including my school have taught me. I've was able to tell him about other things, from anthropology to inovations in technology, and after I joined ATS to side his CT views with those i learned here.

We also talked about very personal issues involving relationships and emotions. That's why I call him my soulmate.

You know --I appreciate ATS, it really fills a personal need for me-- but nothing can substitute face to face talk. In my sorrow and selfish pain the hardest part for me to overcome will be the tid-bits of interesting info I almost daily gets here on the board, and I tag in my memory for future discussions with Gert, I won't be able to take them to anyother, because I know of no other in the real world, that I can have same qualified discussions with.

As I said no one can substitute Gert.

Gert, I miss you!

Peace
Mogens

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hej Søde,

Jeg er ked af dit tab, men, it is so much better to have loved and cared for some one, then to have been an empty vessel.

I don't want to be where you are right now, but I will sit with you, give you a hug, hold your hand and listen to your memories.
WIS

[edit on 10-1-2008 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Kære Kirstine,
Tak for din opmærksomhed, so sweet of you to care.

Gert will always be with me, he's part of me and that's a great content to me, it's just that the interchange has stopped. It goes to my gloom.

Life goes on no matter.

-------------------

I hope you yourself are okay, you had a rough year too.

Mogens

[sorry, sp]

[edit on 11/1/2008 by khunmoon]

new topics

top topics

join