It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the REAL conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A little about me:
Nearing retirement with a background in electrical engineering
Spent all my working life in the area of energy production, transmission and distribution
Stumbled into ATS quite recently while looking for reports of UFO sightings that matched what I saw in 1986 and found a wealth of other interesting discussion going on here (great site).

I hadn't devoted any time at all to doing searches related to 9/11 issues and theories before I joined ATS and I don't have a fast enough net connection or the time to make this remotely practical so I haven't seen all the YouTube videos except for a few of the very very short ones. The others will have to be become available on DVD at the local hire shop before I'll have a chance of seeing them so I like to consider myself a relatively unbiassed observer (untainted by biassed productions). The only 'long' videos I ever saw was years ago when the 'pod theory' was shown on local TV here and the movie Fahrenheit 911.

I was, frankly, very surprised to see the level of animated discussion still going on over 9/11 theories and even moreso at the variety of theories, mutually exclusive of each other, which divides people into various 'camps' throwing virtual spears at each other.

Now what I'm noticing after watching for some months is the same phrases & sentences popping up all the time from a variety of posters plus I've seen the same phrases & sentences appearing all over the net when I do a google search. It's not just expressions of aspects of the same idea, they're almost exact right down to the punctuation and capitalisation. There are plenty of astute posters here who haven't displayed this trait btw.

To my casual observation it's as if a subsection of society is being manipulated in what ideas to have and what to try to impress on others. The dark side of all this is what the ultimate motive for such a divide and conquer approach really is.

I get the uncomfortable feeling that the baseline conspiracy is the propagation of conspiracy theories themselves which makes it easier to keep 'something else' concealed from us indefinitely.

Now I do firmly believe there's a deeply hidden side of 9/11 and the above subversive tactic would serve very well in keeping it out of sight forever but who are 'they' driving this and why?.

I'm just an observer and about as far away from it all as you could get on this planet but that doesn't prevent me trying to see some truth in the midst of all the ongoing chaos.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

9/11 was carried out through the coordination of several intelligence agencies around the world at the behest of the global elite to legitimize the launch of strategic operations in preperation for WWIII. This will be the culmination of thousands of years of worth of effort to put control of all the world's resources, including the surviving members of the human species, into the hands of an as yet unidentified global master.

There is plenty of evidence that 9/11 is a fraud being perpetrated more on the American public than it is the rest of the world. People in other countries see through the charade more clearly. One example of this is the fact that the US did not get UN approval to invade Iraq.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In other words, the conspiracy is still out there, and the present conspiracies presented are the distraction to something more sinister.

While a compelling argument. One can deduce that, one of the reasons you see so many posts that are very similar is because the people who made those posts came to the same conclusion (or simply copy/pasted) I don't see how that can be considered a conspiracy in itself.

Besides, I think you're ignoring the fact that (here alone) there are much more different theories than you'll see ("the airplanes in 9-11 where hollograms" just as an example.)

I am still trying to figure out the whole puzzle. I don't do a lot of real life research per se since I'd have to become a chemist, physicist, mathematician and have a complete lab to do the research. That being said however, I do search other sources that can be considered credible (science websites, metal manufacturing websites etc.) I am still boggled though as to how all of this ties in together (the biggest theory I've heard is that there really is only one big conspiracy, David Icke I believe is who makes that argument). Stick aaround a little longer and I'm sure you'll learn how deep the rabbit hole goes, or if there even is a rabbit hole.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The real conspiracy is simply that something is being hidden.

There is a wealth of evidence that points to this.

Small points can be argued, infinitely, and without conclusive evidence, most of the "theories" cannot be proven or disproven. However, applying some common sense and logic to the official story, and to all the evidence we do have, leaves little room for any other conclusion to be found other than we were not told the entire, full truth.

By withholding evidence, blocking investigations, and impeding research, the only thing to be gained is more conspiracy theories. Which drives the real truth even further under ground, as intended by those trying to hide something.

How anybody can be happy with not being given the entire story, considering the weight of the actions pursued after 9/11, and the knock-on effect for our and our childrens (maybe grandchildrens) generations, is simply proof that those "hiding" never once considered they might not pull this off.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
In my part of the world the 911 topic just doesn't come up any more and I could go for years here without hearing any reference to it at all. I tried a little experiment among the professional engineering people I work with and raised a couple of 911 related issues over the period of a few weeks (that's 1 brief mention per 10 days or so) and that resulted in a suggestion that I was obsessed with it plus a recommendation for suppliers of quality tinfoil hats

What I see from this distance may not be so obvious up close but I see signs of recruitment and coaching for various theories. It may be simply individuals trying to make a career of it but I can't rule out deeper sources of intentionally seeded disinformation to keep attention in a desired direction IE the wrong direction.

Remember the magician's skill in the art of sleight of hand (leger de main).

Me paranoid? - nah (I hope)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

You raise a very pertinent point in your last post, and that is that many people simply do not want to look into 9/11 and scoff it off as "tinfoil hat." It is a natural defense mechanism, because once you do start down that rabbit hole, your entire worldview will be undermined. Even if you accept the basic "official story," there are so many egregious inconsistencies, withholdings and destruction of evidence, outright lies and fabrications, that you simply must conclude that your gov't is lying to you and does not want yo to know the truth.

Check the various threads about Sybil Edmonds, a 9/11-related whistleblower, and this aspect alone--Turkish, Pakistani and Israeli secret services working in tandem to successfully steal US nuclear secrets over a period of years with complicity of high ranking USG officials, and then FBI investigations being deep-sixed--shows you just how little you know about just one aspect of 9/11, and how it feeds into all the "dark side" of international politics and hidden agendas.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, certainly the MIC power structure wants us to believe that, and to fear them. Basically, I think 9/11 was perpetrated to make us afraid of our gov't, in preparation for the other shoe to drop--that shoe being exactly what Edmonds so courageously is trying to bring before the American people.

It's working, people turn away from fear and from the unfounded and ignorant belief that the aquarium they live in is actually a free country and that their gov't is protecting them. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

new topics

top topics

join