It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Werewolf boy' - who snarls and bites - on the run from police after escaping Moscow clinic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

'Werewolf boy' - who snarls and bites - on the run from police after escaping Moscow clinic

www.dailymail.co.uk

Russian police are hunting a "werewolf boy" - who snarls and bites - after he escaped from a Moscow clinic just a day after being rescued from the wild.

Doctors expressed shock saying he was found living with a pack of wolves in a remote forest in the Kaluga region of central Russia.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's strange that these feral children still turn up in this the 21st century.
I often wonder what calametous circumstances take place to drive these kids out into the wild.
Also it is intrigueing that they generally have no spoken language skills which seems to reflect on how our own language evolved.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-1-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for finding this. I never knew people like this were still out there.

They often gain other properties the rest of us don't have. There was a documentary on TV that gave an account of a boy in France who was rescued from the wild, and his caretaker noted that the boy had no problem reaching into a pot of boiling hot water and taking out a potato with his bare hand, and eating it, without burning himself.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

They often gain other properties the rest of us don't have. There was a documentary on TV that gave an account of a boy in France who was rescued from the wild, and his caretaker noted that the boy had no problem reaching into a pot of boiling hot water and taking out a potato with his bare hand, and eating it, without burning himself

I have never heard of that, do you know an approximate time frame when this happened ?

I have heard of enhanced sense of smell and they often walk on all fours.

A little research I think is needed here.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ah..have found a reference to that story apparently it happened in a village called Saint Serin in southern France.

“The Wild Boy of Aveyron” Victor

Victor was found on January 9, 1800 in a village of Saint-Serin in the South of France. He became the first feral child to be studied by practitioners of the newly emerging human sciences.

Eyewitness Constant-Saint-Estave’s account three weeks after his capture states:

“I found him sitting by a warm fire, which he seemed to enjoy, but showing signs of uneasiness from time to time, probably because of the great crowd of people around him… When I talked to him, it did not take long to discover he was a mute. Soon after that, when I noticed that he made no response to various questions I put him, in both a loud and soft voice, I decided that he must be deaf….When we reached my house, I decided he must be hungry…To find out what he liked, I had my servant offer him on a big earthernware platter raw and cooked meat, rye, and wheat bread, apples, pears, grapes, nuts, chestnuts, acorns, potatoes, parsnips, and an orange. He picked up the potatoes confidently and tossed them into the firs to cook them. One at a time he seized the other items, smelled them, and rejected them. With his right hand he picked the potatoes right out of the live coals and ate them roasting hot. There was no way to persuade him to let them cool off a little….When he got thirsty, he glanced around the room. Noticing the pitcher, he placed my hand in his without any other sign and led me to the pitcher…Some wine was brought, but he scorned it and showed impatience at my delay in giving him water to drink…” (cited in Shattuck 1980, 6-7) adapted from Sociology: a Critical Introduction 1996, 111.

Victor was not toilet trained and would go anywhere when he felt the need. When he was first in the hospital when dressed, Victor tore the cloths off. He would not sleep in the bed and he would try to escape whenever he could.

Pierre Joseph Bonnaterre noted that the boy was about 12 or 13 years old. He also noted that his body was covered in scars and stated that the boy had no malformation of the tongue or mouth or vocal cords.

He also observed that Victor relied on his senses in a different order than others. Victor’s sense of smell came first, then taste, and then touch. After studying him, Bonnaterre concluded that the boy was an imbecile.

Victor’s case was also taken on by Jean-Marc-Gaspard Itard. He worked with deaf children. Itard did not believe Victor was an imbecile and he was going to try and socialize the boy. Itard wrote, “Humans are only what they have been made to be. Any human being has to learn his or her habits, needs, and ideas, and does so by imitating others under the influence of society.”

Itard taught Victor to learn how to dress himself, use the bathroom properly, and even showed him some letters. Victor even learned how to say some words. Other several years he displayed evidence of both intellectual and emotional growth. Victor eventually could set the table, garden, and saw wood. Itard eventually tired of his work and left Victor in the car of Mme Guerin. Victor died at the age of 40 in 1828.

Source

new topics

top topics

join