It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage going for the jugular of the Council on American-Islamic relations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, I can't take Michael Savage seriously. When I heard him claim that marijuana had a 40% chance of giving a user mental health issues (and it turned out the report he used to support this claim showed inconclusively that 0.01% of schizophrenics might have an issue!), I knew he was not interested in truth.

In fact, I rather dislike him to an extreme.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I have to object to the phrase " anti-Islamic racism " as a bad Raisinet mind-control nugget, because, one can stop being Islamic without changing one's race...So...if it's anti-Islamic, then why muddy the waters with racism ( I mean, I know why people with weak arguments use straw men, I guess I made a rhetorical question mama ), and conversely, if it's just any excuse to oppress the swarthy, why drag in the religious issue? Do we speak of anti-vegan racism, because the vegans we know are disproportionately white or Asian?
No, but I know, it's because racism is Soooo Baaaad, that when you mention it I can tell, this is Reallly Serious...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by rockets red glare
This group are terrorist supporters without a doubt. I am glad Michael has desided to really go after them. so many of the leaders of this group have already been imprisoned and or deported.

How many of the leaders have been deported?

Please show me the link to terrorism as well?

This sounds alot like the Bush Administrations justifications for invading Iraq. Lots of rhetoric, but short on actuall evidence eh?

If CAIR is a terrorist fron, how come HLS, the FBI et al. have not taken it down?

I live in the bay Area and the bottom line is this: Savage who is basically a neo-conservative blowhard (Kind of cross between good old Rush and say Rumsfield) and his rating are poor. Nothing like a made up contrevery to stirr the base eh?

Haven't you ever heard a CAIR representative speak on TV?

There is no doubt they are apologists for terrorists, except in the minds of ostriches.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Charles- awesome post! Happy New Year to you, friend.

CAIR doesn't care.

They hate America.

They love and defend radical Islamists who want Americans dead.

IRS: look into this organizations taxes, please. I hope they aren't "exempt", which is probably the case.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I used to listen to Savage and imo he is the only big time radio host that is the closest to the truth. He isnt a talking piece for the republicans like hannity, rush, and that damn medved is. I have stopped listening to talk radio as I have decided to focus on good energy instead of bad for the time being. If he were truly going after CAIR for violating copyright laws, and if he were fighting for the preservation of free speech, then good on him. However I dont know if those are his true motives, hopefully, but who knows.

To the poster that said he will have to doubt Lears theories because of his political affiliation. Are you really that closed minded that if someone thinks differently then you that you dismiss what they say as being possible truth? If so that is a pretty sad state of affairs you have yourself in my friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
CAIR lied about advertisers dropping Savage

The Council on American-Islamic Relations claims a raft of companies have stopped advertising on Michael Savage's top-rated radio talk show in response to a CAIR-instigated boycott campaign, but several of the cited companies say they don't know what the Islamic lobby group is talking about.

In a recent announcement claiming Universal Orlando Resorts "drops 'Savage Nation' ads," CAIR stated:

"Advertisers that have already stopped airing, or refuse to air commercials on 'Savage Nation' include AutoZone, Citrix, TrustedID, JCPenney, OfficeMax, Wal-Mart and AT&T."

But now AutoZone has told WND the CAIR campaign had nothing to do with its advertising decision, and it had chosen not to advertise on any radio talk shows – of all parts of the spectrum – years before the CAIR effort.

CAIR officials declined to respond to WND queries about why it is listing companies as part of its boycott campaign that say they have not participated in the boycott.

But Talk Radio Network officials also confirmed that companies including AutoZone and JCPenney never advertise on such programs.

"We do not sponsor syndicated radio talk shows," AutoZone spokesman Ray Pohlman told WND. "We have customers of all shapes and sizes and political persuasions. For us to sponsor [any radio talk shows] wouldn't make any sense."

But that policy is years old, and wasn't changed at all by CAIR's effort, he said.

"What I will tell you is the CAIR organization did, in fact, contact the marketing department [of AutoZone.] We responded with our full advertising policy which clearly states that we do not advertise on radio talk shows," he told WND.

He said the only way for an ad to have appeared would have been for a programmer at a radio station to make a mistake and put it on the air without permission.

Pohlman said CAIR apparently took the company's response to mean it was instituting a specific ban on advertising on the Savage show, when in fact the policy covers all such radio shows, and is not even a new policy.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Again, CAIR is lying, as always.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by winterass]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Another thing about the islamofascist CAIR (they only cair about themselves)

FAKE MUSLIM HATE CRIMES: WHERE’S THE APOLOGY, CAIR?

In August, the Council on American Islamic Relations demanded that law enforcement officials in McAllen, Texas, investigate an intentionally-set fire at a Muslim store as a possible hate crime. As CAIR noted in one of its endless press release decrying Islamophobia in America:

“The fire followed two separate incidents in which unknown parties painted the phrase “Go Home” on the door of the store. The hate-graffiti appeared just after the store began running advertisements on local television that featured a Muslim woman wearing an Islamic head scarf.”

Well, the cops investigated. And guess who they arrested? The Muslim owner of the store. The New York Times reported:

The man, Amjad Abunar, had complained that “Go Home” was twice spray-painted on a door of his Al Madinah Market before a fire on Aug. 6 that gutted the small delicatessen. Only last week, the graffiti and fire were cited as evidence by a Washington advocacy group that hate crimes against Muslims were on the rise in Texas.

Bond for Mr. Abunar was set at $150,000, and he remained in jail on Wednesday.

Representatives of the advocacy group, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which had complained that McAllen officials were not investigating the fire as a possible hate crime, said they were stunned Wednesday to learn of Mr. Abunar’s arrest.

Ibrahim Hooper, a council official in Washington, said Mr. Abunar had assured him he had nothing to do with setting the fire.

“Stunned?” The Muslim lobby’s gullible hate crime howlers have been duped before. Muslim self-arsonists and self-grafitti vandals have been a recurring post-Sept. 11 problem.

michellemalkin.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join