It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A news tidbit. A 2730 year bibical curse just ended!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I figured out this little detail a while back and thought I would put it out there for general consumption.

Did you know a 2730 year Bibical curse is ending or just ended!

Here's the details.

According to Ezekial 4 the northern kingdom of Israel had incurred a 390 year curse which had started approximatly around 721 to 725 BC. But there was a complication. And that was described in the book of Hosea.

According to Hosea the Israelites had not stopped sinning. Read Hosea 5 for the details.

So what happened? Well according to Leviticus 26 if you are cursed under this covenant and not forgiven later a terrible thing happens. The curse is multiplied by 7. 390 times 7 equals 2730 years. 725 BC plus 2730 years is 2005 AD. Or 721 BC plus 2730 years is 2009 AD.

So as you can see this curse is expired or just about to expire.

So now one curse down and one to go.

Go Israel!

But why do the Jews try to hide this?

[edit on 30-12-2007 by ntech]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
mmm...ok. I think someone is a little too nerdy with numerology.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
mmm...ok. I think someone is a little too nerdy with numerology.

But the Bible is full of numbers. Even one of the books is called Numbers.
Verses with multiple meanings. Dual prophesies. Its quite the book. Even in Hebrew the language didn't have a separate numbering system. Rather the letters of the language stood in for numbers. So every word itself was a number.

And there I was floating in space looking at the stars. But it was a strange space and a strange group of stars. For against the blackness of space glowing faintly was the words of the prophecy I was working on. And sprinkled among the words were the stars. But rather than being points of light they were numbers. The number 2 to be exact.

The vision of a saint.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's all part of the events unfolding as we move toward 2012.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Enjoy your post man, hopefully it'll be 2009.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So what does that mean exactly if the curse has ended?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
So what does that mean exactly if the curse has ended?

Don't think of it as the perceptually biased negitive context understanding of the term "curse".

It means something is "opening" something that's been sealed for all this time.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

Here's the details.

According to Ezekial 4 the northern kingdom of Israel had incurred a 390 year curse which had started approximatly around 721 to 725 BC.

[...]

Go Israel!

how does the ancient 'Northern Kingdom' (who became the Lost 10 tribes)
curse relate to the present day Jewish nation named Israel ?
(which has some tenuious roots in the ancient 'Southern Kingdom',
itself named Israel)

there occured two captivities of both kingdoms, once by Assyrian and the later captivity by Babylon... the lost 10 tribes, whom this thread's curse was on,
became assimilated by the captors, they lost their identity & religion
during the period of captivity in the foreign lands...
only a tiny/fractional remnant of the northern kingdom returned to the Jerusalem area that was controlled by the Jewish tribe and the Priestly tribe.

this seems to be a null case

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Here's the details.

According to Ezekial 4 the northern kingdom of Israel had incurred a 390 year curse which had started approximatly around 721 to 725 BC.

[...]

Go Israel!

This curse explains why Jesus Christ wasn't the warrior king messiah the Jews of the time were expecting. The prophesies of Ezekial required all 12 tribes in order for this to happen. At the time of Jesus 10 of them were not available.

He simply wasn't allowed to do the job back then.

Though I should tell you about the other curse as well here. Look at Hosea 6 verses 1. 2, and 3. And reference them to 2nd Peter 3-8.

The 3 days are 3 1000 year periods of time. So what you can infer is this.
The end times have to occur before the 2nd day ends. And that begs the question When did the curse start? And from a Christian point of view thats pretty obvious don't you think?

So my best guess is this. Passover 2028. Thats when the 1000 year reign of the saints of Revelation is supposed to start. The last event of the end times.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by ntech]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

You're actually very close but you left out one important detail: you didn't convert the solar years to prophetic years. These prophecies relate to prophetic years (consisting of 360 days a year) and not solar years (consisting of approximately 365.25 days per year). When using the accurate prophetic years with your system, this brings us to 1948: The exact year Israel became a nation again!

Remember, their curse was being dispelled from the land of Israel and having no sovereign nation so this fulfillment relates to the timing they become a sovereign country again. Even though the Jews returned to Israel after the Babylonian captivity, they never regained their independence until 1948.

You have to convert your calculations into prophetic years and you will see how this comes to exactly 1948- just as the Bible foretold. I explain this prophecy on my website this way:

Jeremiah prophesied the Babylonian captivity would last exactly 70 years. Both biblical and secular history show Babylon captured Israel in the spring of 606 B.C. and the captivity ended exactly 70 years later in the spring of 536 B.C. However God gave the prophet Ezekiel (a contemporary of Jeremiah) a vision that would extend much farther into the future:

The verse preceding the commandment to Ezekiel (Ezekiel 4:3) clearly states this prophecy will be a sign to Israel. Verse 6 explains that each of the 430 days (390 days for Israel plus 40 days for Judah) represent one year. However, at the end of the 70 year captivity we know they only returned to Jerusalem- they were not revived as a sovereign nation.

God told Ezekiel the Jews would suffer for their iniquity for a total of 430 years. Since they already served 70 years under Babylonian captivity, this still left a total of 360 years to suffer the judgment that God had decreed. The Bible makes it clear the Israelites did not repent after the 70 year captivity and continued in their disobedience against God.

In the 26th chapter of Leviticus, God lists blessings and judgments for Israel based on their obedience and disobedience. In this one passage alone, God tells the Israelites four times that if after receiving judgment the people still do not repent for their sins, God will multiply or extend the original punishment by seven times:

“And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.” Leviticus 26:18

Because the Jews did not repent and turn to God after their captivity, the 360 remaining years would be multiplied by seven, equaling a total of 2,520 biblical years the Jews would be left without an independent nation. But in order to examine this prophecy, we need to understand the difference between biblical and solar years. Although there are several verses that demonstrate a 360 day year, let’s use Genesis 7:11 as compared to Genesis 8:4 and Genesis 7:24 as compared to Genesis 8:3. These verses list the number of months and days Noah endured the flood. The 150 days the flood waters existed lasted exactly five months from the 17th day of the 2nd month, to the 17th day of the 7th month, resulting in 30 days per month, or 360 days a year.

We now know:

* The Babylonian captivity ended in spring of the year 536 B.C.
* The Israelites were to suffer 360 more years without a homeland.
* Due to their disobedience, their judgment was extended to 2,520 years.
* A prophetic year consists of a 360 day year.

To calculate the prophecy, we need to perform the following steps:

1) Convert our 2,520 prophetic years into solar years. Our answer is 2,483 solar years.
2) We now want to subtract the year 536 B.C. (the year the Babylonian captivity ended) from our 2,483 years (keeping in mind there is no year 0 A.D. so we add one year for this deficit).

Our answer is 1948- indeed, the year Israel was reinstated as a nation.

However, I do believe in dualism of prophecy and there are allusions in the Old Testament to a 365 day year. Maybe God will have something special in store for Israel in 2009 as well. Time will tell.

[edit on 12/31/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Uh ho.... it seems your telling us that the 'Prophetic Year' is something
totally different from a 'Lunar Year' demarcation of a solar year.

a 'Prophetic Year' is not a unique device... a Pagan or Lunar time keeping device was used for millenia before the Israelites adopted what the rest/majority of humankind was already familiar with.

..as i see it the 'Pagan' Lunar demarcation of days which make up a 'year'
is indistinguishable from the Jewish calendar -->>
or even the Islamic calendar which uses a Lunar month as a unit of a solar Year.
Ergo...the 'divine' measure of Days/Time is not as pure & sancrosanct as
your spin leads us to believe.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at or what your question is. Explain please? Many ancient civilizations reckoned a year as being 360 days (among other things) until the shift to the modern 365.25 calender. I can give you theological and scientific explanations for this change but I'll hold off on that until I'm sure about what your question is.

Also, are you trying to say a prophetic/biblical year is equal to or different than both a lunar and solar year or that two are equal while one is different? I'm having a hard time understanding your comment.

[edit on 12/31/2007 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have thought about that prophetic year business but I don't think we have to worry about it though.

In the Jewish calendar even though it's a 360 day lunar calendar it uses leap months in order to keep the calendar in sync with the seasons.

When the month of Abib rolls by the barly fields are checked for ripeness. If they are ripe enough to allow for a grain offering ceremony. If they are not ripe enough then the leap month is ordained by the priesthood and a 2nd month of Abib is held.

If the calendar and the solar year are completely out of whack then a 3rd month of Avib could be called. until the barly is ripe and the grain ceremony could be held.

Now I did use a second prophecy to help me narrow down that 2028 is the end of the 2nd day. That prophecy is the fig tree parable of Matthew 24.
And it works like this.

Jesus Christ said that this generation will not pass until all of these things be done. In the context of the fig tree. So what is the Fig tree and how long is the generation?

After studying all the references to the fig tree given by him I concluded that it was a quick reference to a previous teaching he had given to the disciples that had been lost. And this quick reference was to the previously mentioned 2000 year curse. Which means the fig tree is Israel.

As for the term generation that is defined in Psalms 90-10 as being 70 to 80 years.

Combine the two and he is saying the end times would occur in 70 to 80 years from the rebirth of Israel. Combine that with the 2000 year curse and they intersect in the years 2025 to 2028.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
... Jeremiah prophesied the Babylonian captivity would last exactly 70 years. Both biblical and secular history show Babylon captured Israel in the spring of 606 B.C. and the captivity ended exactly 70 years later in the spring of 536 B.C. ...

Well, here is a howler then..... this 70 years period of captivity - using your innovative "prophetic years" - is 70 x 360 days = 25,200 days. This translates into 69 calendar years (more or less: 68.99). Thus the dates for the Babylonian Captivity are at least out by a full year according to your own theory.

Cheers.

Rob.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Well, here is a howler then..... this 70 years period of captivity - using your innovative "prophetic years" - is 70 x 360 days = 25,200 days. This translates into 69 calendar years (more or less: 68.99). Thus the dates for the Babylonian Captivity are at least out by a full year according to your own theory.

You're assuming those 70 years were counted in antiquity by a 365.25 year but at this time they were still being counted by the 360 day year. No conversion for the 70 years is needed as their calendar had not yet converted to the modern solar year. Check out the OT books that refer to the Babylonian captivity and the recorded Jewish liberation and you'll see your question was already answered about 2,500 years ago. This "howler" doesn't even exist. You're assigning our modern calender to people that weren't yet reckoning their years by it.

And a prophetic or "Biblical year" is by no means "innovative." The concept is thousands of years old and well known to Jewish scholars dating back to ancient times.

[edit on 1/1/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntechI have thought about that prophetic year business but I don't think we have to worry about it though.

I see what your saying but remember God is a God of order that never changes while we are a people of chaos and changes. He gives us a base that never changes even though we change so we can understand what He is trying to tell us. Looking through history we can see that years were reckoned by man anywhere from 250 days up to 400 days a year. Also, the entire world does not use the same calendar- there are about half a dozen major calendars in use- not just our Gregorian calendar.

So, what makes you think our calendar and measure of years is what God was using? There are dozens of others so why would the Gregorian calender (which is only about 400 years old!) be our standard. No, God has His own standard because man's standard is in constant flux.

Due to man's chaos, this prophecy would be worthless if God had not given us a standard to count the years. We would not know which calendar to trust. That is why this is important.

God uses similar standards for other things in the Bible like the table of nations. Borders and countries have changed drastically over time. We would never be able to know what countries He was referring to today in the end times if He had not given us a standard that will always stay the same even when our definitions change.

Jesus Christ said that this generation will not pass until all of these things be done. In the context of the fig tree. So what is the Fig tree and how long is the generation?

Matthew defines the generation who would see the end times and Luke defines the generation that would see the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 A.D. Also, Jesus says that one generation of people would witness all end time signs- not that the end time signs would fall into the length a Biblical generation. So we should be looking at the lifespans listed in Psalms (70 years) instead of a generation length.

After studying all the references to the fig tree given by him I concluded that it was a quick reference to a previous teaching he had given to the disciples that had been lost. And this quick reference was to the previously mentioned 2000 year curse. Which means the fig tree is Israel.

I completely agree with you that the fig tree was a warning for us to watch Israel. Some prophecy scholars claim Jesus was simply using an analogy but he introduced what he was about to say as a "parable." Anytime Jesus introduces something as a parable our ears should perk up because this means what He is about to say has a deeper meaning than its superficial appearance.

But I don't think the meaning was lost- the Old Testament uses the fig tree repeatedly to refer to the Hebrews and Israel. Also, dozens of Old Testament prophecies state Israel would be reborn as a sovereign state in the end times and allude to it being one of the first signs of the end times. The OT and NT prophecies concerning Israel mesh beautifully. Like you, I also don't understand why modern scholars dismiss it.

As for the term generation that is defined in Psalms 90-10 as being 70 to 80 years.

Combine the two and he is saying the end times would occur in 70 to 80 years from the rebirth of Israel. Combine that with the 2000 year curse and they intersect in the years 2025 to 2028.

Exactly. Remember that the 70 year lifespan was the rule while an 80 year lifespan was the exception. This is why prophecy watchers add 70 years to either 1948 (the rebirth of Israel) or 1967 (the return of Jerusalem to Israel) to give us a time frame of 2018-2037. Of course, this is for the fulfillment of all end time prophecy that still needs to be finished (the rapture, the battles of Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah 17, the tribulation, the rise of the Antichrist, etc.).

If we use Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy for dualism, this would also put us around 2017. Time will tell. This is why so many prophecy scholars believe we are at the door of prophetic fulfillment.

[edit on 1/1/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Oh, and to answer your original question:

They don't!
They're actually pretty outspoken about the prophecy's fulfillment in 1948 (which is how I even knew about it to discuss it with you in the first place). There is no way I am smart enough to have figured this out on my own.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by ntech

Oh, and to answer your original question:

They don't!
They're actually pretty outspoken about the prophecy's fulfillment in 1948 (which is how I even knew about it to discuss it with you in the first place). There is no way I am smart enough to have figured this out on my own.

Not quite there. They are enthusiastic about the possible fulfillment of the prophesies of Ezekial but mention Hosea and they are as dense as a box of rocks. They either don't want to admit it or they genuinely don't know.

But looking over Romans 11 I think I figured it out though. They were never supposed to know about the curses. Until they expire. But I figured it out in a couple of seconds after seeing Hosea 6 verses 1 through 3 as someones tag line. They didn't even know what it meant.

So what does that make me?

Now since you seem to be enthusiastic about this subject I'm going to toss you one more bone to gnaw on.

Speaking of prophesies being fulfilled here is two to watch. Daniel 8 and 11. From what I been able to figure out we may have a problem here. While it is true these prophesies were fulfilled once back in the BC era there is a problem. Some prophesies are supposed to happen twice or even multiple times. And what I have figured out is that Daniel has hit 3 for 3 since 2001. And if he goes 4 for 4 or 5 for 5 well things could get quite scary around here.

So think about this. Is Daniel 11-2 a 9-11 prophecy? If you consider the US as a possible realm of Greece then 11-2 is a perfect description of the events leading up to 9-11. And if you think about it then Washington DC make a great realm of Greece? And allow the prophecy to have a dual meaning as well?

Secondly look at the battle of the ram and the goat in Daniel 8. If you think about it that's a great description of the conquering of Afghanistan and Iraq don't you think?

And that would make Daniel 3 for 3 right now.

But now consider what he is predicting here. While 2 horns have been broken the ram is still fighting. Who is the ram? Persia. Now known as Iran. So is he predicting the conquering of Iran? I'll guess we'll see.

But the big question is 11-4. It seems to be predicting that it's all over for the US before George Bush leaves office.

How do you see yourself being "plucked up" eh?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Not quite there. They are enthusiastic about the possible fulfillment of the prophesies of Ezekial but mention Hosea and they are as dense as a box of rocks. They either don't want to admit it or they genuinely don't know.

I understand what you mean, however, they don't believe that their rejection of Jesus as the Messiah was to blame for the extension- they believe it was due to social sins, apostasy, and priestly corruption. But yes, as you stated Orthodox Jews are most certainly excited about the prophecies in Isaiah and Ezekiel.

Some prophesies are supposed to happen twice or even multiple times.

Very true. I wholeheartedly believe in the concept of prophetic dualism.

And what I have figured out is that Daniel has hit 3 for 3 since 2001. And if he goes 4 for 4 or 5 for 5 well things could get quite scary around here.

So think about this. Is Daniel 11-2 a 9-11 prophecy? If you consider the US as a possible realm of Greece then 11-2 is a perfect description of the events leading up to 9-11. And if you think about it then Washington DC make a great realm of Greece? And allow the prophecy to have a dual meaning as well?

Hm. I have to say this is doubtful. Not impossible, but doubtful. I think this refers to the end time wars we are seeing in general and the ones that are still to come. It was definitely fulfilled literally by Alexander the Great but as for what else it means, time will tell.

Secondly look at the battle of the ram and the goat in Daniel 8. If you think about it that's a great description of the conquering of Afghanistan and Iraq don't you think?

I see what you're saying but I think this refers to Antiochus Epiphanes (fulfilled) and the Antichrist (to come). Look at the symbolism of the little horn and such. The Antichrist is compared to a little horn. BUT... the Antichrist is also closely related to Babylon (in Iraq) so you could be right. Like you said, we'll see!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well I'll have to be the one to burst your bubble.
The Curse has not and never will end sins the Jews have never stopped "sinning".

Lets see they fire rockets at children and cripple's daily. The Nation of Israel is starving and oppressing Palestinians. You can buy XTC tablets any night of the week in any city of the nation and those are imported from Israel. Israeli's dance and cheer when 3,000 people die in building collapse.

The list goes on for the reasons that this prophecy will never be fulfilled and the curse will go on to infinity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join