It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traditional Remedies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
also, can someone explain to me the apparent damage herbs can do to your renal system? I take it renal system is something to do with liver?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

DarkProjekt can you tell me about Divine Sage and what its like?? The perspective, positive effects, negative effects you got from it?? Like I mentioned before its illegal in Australia, I'd love to try some but can't find any at the moment. It'd be an even more empathic and spiritual experience growing it yourself and then ingesting it.

Well, you can either smoke it or digest it. It can be very intense at times depending on your dosage, so make sure you take safe amounts (1g - 1.5g is usually desired) you can get visuals off of this if you take enough, i enjoy the beutiful dream like states it gives me. Its a very relaxing herb and i guess you could compare it too marijuana, except Diviner Sage can be alot more intense at times. The whole thing can last up to 2 hours and sometimes longer. I suggest you take it with ease, do no driving or any working on this. Just relax the night away over a warm cup of the extract.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Licorice should not be taken on a daily basis for more than seven days. It can cause high blood pressure in some people. Licorice should no be used if you have glacouma, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease or if you are pregnant.

Ephedra should also be used with caution! Esp. if you are prone to anziety attacks.
_________
I use herbal capsules. Hawthorn for heart health. Echinicea when I feel a cold coming on. Valerian for good sleep--it does not usually affect my dreams. Scullcap is a good tranquilizer.
Crystallized ginder for an upset stomach.
Some herbs I have used have NOT worke: damiana and feverfew.

Care should be takes with any herbs. They are after all drugs.
And we sure don't want anyone to have sever side effects and cause the government to have more ammunition to further regulate herbals

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
also, can someone explain to me the apparent damage herbs can do to your renal system? I take it renal system is something to do with liver?

That would be your kidneys. Offhand, I suspect it would tax your liver first, as the liver handles the substance first.

It's probably wise to read as much as you can before you prescribe herbals for yourself. A good book to check out is Prescription for nutritional healing,by James F Balch. I think it is in it's fourth edition. books by Balch

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
Ganja godess wrote:

And a whole host of chinese herbals, like kava, ginko.. mixed in our local chinese apocathary. (SF rocks)

Salvia Divorium.. datura.. none of those phased me. But Valerian.. whoo boy

Wow can you stomach Kava?? It's very hard to!! I've been very interested in trying Salvia Divinorium (Divine Sage) but it is not illegal in Australia since two years ago (#ING GOVERNMENT!!) what are its effects, what exactly is it like? Does the effect last for several short minutes? does it increase your spirituality and perspective?

Kava doesnt bother me, you just have to press it repeatedly. As for salvia... The effects last from 3-10 minutes, it is hard to "break through" on salvia, you have to smoke it with a high heat and take in alot of smoke. It took me a few tries, a water bong is helpful. As for it's increase in spirituality... it is weird to describe because it is such a short intense experience. It isnt a spiritual journey drug like psilocybin, IMHO. However, since what happens during that short time is so intense, it can cause residual spiritual awareness that can be examined in the aftermath of consumption.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
i had a full oobe after taking salvia, did about 1/2 gramme of 10 x extract in a bong. not the most pleasant experience, my body started de-materialising before my eyes, then they went too.
i disappeared into a dream world full of strange entities, and felt like i had gatecrashed someone elses party. time does not exist in this plane, i felt like i was gonna be stuck there for ever....

I'd check out this page before doing it:
www.sagewisdom.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

i disappeared into a dream world full of strange entities, and felt like i had gatecrashed someone elses party. time does not exist in this plane, i felt like i was gonna be stuck there for ever....

The only time i've had something similar happend to me was when i was trying out Maikoa (Angel Trumpet) and a pinch of Henbane seeds (bad idea). The atropine from the henbane must not have agreed with the Maikoa. Luckily I had a spotter there to keep me under control

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
yeah your right you definately need a spotter. one time i took a hit, felt myself being pulled into the ground. i ran as fast as i could to get away from the pull, nearly made it out the front door but my spotter managed to stop me. good job too the pull got the better of me and i fell down on floor in slow motion, and started talking # to the doormat. the damned shoes by the front door were laughing at me....

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sugeshotcha

i asked myself self the same questions,( wat kind of herbs will give u different effects?) chammomile relaxs ur body. but the best natural legal highs come from damiana, skullcap and catmint all very easy to find in australia. although mildly effective by them self when mixed can be a quite entertaining buzz.

btw. im in europe rite now AND SALVIA IS THE #!!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sugeshotcha

chamomile is great. mild high. warm tingly feeling. you become very happy. i would reccomend smoking a joint with frends, makes for a great time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join