It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd the water go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
A lot of people are in in a severe drought right now, especially in the south east where I live.

I have heard people decline a glass of water when offered to them and say "but we're in a drought!". I remind them they will only be borrowing it.

My concern is that people are not taking into consideration how much of our water is currently in bottles or cans and has no chance to reach the ecosystem when contained for the purpose of resale.

There are warehouses, trucks, stores, gas stations and trash piles, etc. filled with water that has been removed from the natural water cycle of the Earth.

Water is in everything you eat and drink, just think about how many food products are mass produced and stockpiled for the purpose of enterprise.

If you want 'global warming' to subside then we have to see to it that huge corporations aren't consuming more than their fair share of a natural resource that is a necessity for life.

This is just something to think about next time you walk into a gas station (or anywhere that sells food) and see fully stocked refrigerated shelves of bottled brown sugar water after driving by a dried up lake bed.

There is always the same amount of water on Earth at all times. It's just being held captive.

Think about it and discuss.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've always felt the same way. If the water is here, on Earth, then where could it possibly go.

I mean unless we dumped huge amounts of it into space but i don't think we do that.

Or do we?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
I mean unless we dumped huge amounts of it into space but i don't think we do that.

Or do we?

You could start a whole other thread about that.

*cough*mars*cough*

[edit on 12/26/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

I think there is more water than we realise being consumed by the food industry in wholesale and resalable packaging.

Particularly the beverage industry. Bottles and resealable containers are not a good thing. I see a lot of people take 2 sips out of a 20 oz soda, screw the cap back on and throw it away. That water is going to be AWOL for a while unless the bottle is punctured or deteriorates.

[edit on 12/26/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You may need to look down and not up to see where the water has gone

"To get the greatest amount of oil out of the ground, water is sometimes pumped into an oilfield. This causes more oil to move toward producing wells. This process, which is called oilfield injection, also helps to keep pressure high enough in the oil pool to maintain production. Either groundwater, both saline and non-saline, or surface water from rivers or lakes can be used for injection. "

About 600 million meters cubed in volume over last 20 years in Alberta alone

Oilfield injection - water used

600 000 000 cubic meter = 158 503 231 414.888 8 gallon [US, liquid]

[edit on 26-12-2007 by puzzled2]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

The water is put back into the earth.

I am talking about the remval of the water from the natural cycle by the mass production and stockpiling of food products for monetary gain.

Here's an example.

At a restaraunt that uses Heinz bottled ketchup the standard policy is to throw the bottle away when it is 1/4 full. Do the math on how much a chain of restaraunts disposing a 1/4 bottle worth of ketchup is per day/week/month/year/etc. It adds up, especially when you consider how much water actually is being consumed by corporations for the purpose of resale.

The water of the world is being turned into a waste product through bottling and resealable packaging. Warehoused foods provided by corporations is killing the Earth. This is a world wide problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So I have recently heard that the bottling of water and other resources using water is under the gun NOT because of my logical and rational statement that it is screwing up the environment due to an over use for monetary gain...

It it under the gun because of the amount of OIL it takes to produce the bottles...what a JOKE. Our lakes are empty every summer and the price of gas is what stops people from robbing the earth's ecosystem of H2O.

www.newwayswiki.org...

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Spoodily]

top topics

join