It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of the Human Race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does anyone think that far into the future us humans will evolve into a higher being? Please post I need feedback! Thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Indrid Cold, that is a males name, is this to do with Val Valerian or similar. I know this.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's hard to say. Evolution occurs in order to adapt to an enviroment. Now-a-days, humas adapt the environment so, they don't have to.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndridCold
Does anyone think that far into the future us humans will evolve into a higher being? Please post I need feedback! Thanks.

I think even now we are evolving, but very slowly. And far in the future we will see the effects.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Assuming that evolution works on the survival of the fittest theory, and nowadays everyone survives regardless of fitness level or natural disability and usually goes on to reproduce...

i feel we will evolve on many different tracks if at all... and maybe one day what was one race will become to.. is that line from a movie?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
if we are evolving which according to what iv heard species evolve to a certain place until they are best suited to sustain life in that general area. i am no authority on this by any means but i would guess that if we were evolving we wouldnt know it as it takes a while. we probably wouldnt even know until we already evolved. but where would we evolve to? humans occupy almost everyplace on earth and have evolved to do so. i know you probably mean more mentally but nature dosent know we want to be smarter. so unless we colonized another planet with diff atmospheric properties i dont think we will.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
if we are evolving which according to what iv heard species evolve to a certain place until they are best suited to sustain life in that general area. i am no authority on this by any means but i would guess that if we were evolving we wouldnt know it as it takes a while. we probably wouldnt even know until we already evolved. but where would we evolve to? humans occupy almost everyplace on earth and have evolved to do so. i know you probably mean more mentally but nature dosent know we want to be smarter. so unless we colonized another planet with diff atmospheric properties i dont think we will.

We don't occupy every place in Earth, we don't inhibite oceans.

I suppose we will evolve into beings that can live either underwater or on land without help of machines.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yeah i did forget about the oceans for a second, but know that you mention it perhaps we would evolve to deal with the very high pressure that we would live under, which would make coming to the surface rather tricky. i wonder how physically we would change?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I grew up in beautiful Payson,Utah. My house had an elevation of about 5.000 feet ASL. People that moved there from California had problems running and the like 'cause the air was so thin. Everytime I get close to sea level though, I'm unstoppable. I think this might be kinda a form of evolution.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

yeah i did forget about the oceans for a second, but know that you mention it perhaps we would evolve to deal with the very high pressure that we would live under, which would make coming to the surface rather tricky. i wonder how physically we would change?

Have webbed feet to enable us to travel faster underwater.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I grew up in beautiful Payson,Utah. My house had an elevation of about 5.000 feet ASL. People that moved there from California had problems running and the like 'cause the air was so thin. Everytime I get close to sea level though, I'm unstoppable. I think this might be kinda a form of evolution.

I don't think so. I think it is just experience.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Somehow i doubt we will be able to adapt to an underwater environment because it would take so much time to do so. Just think about how long it took species from the ocean to eventually adapt to land. It took millions of years.
Humans are evolving for sure though....i mean wouldnt it make sense that we are constantly evolving becasue i dont think its possible to adapt to an environment perfectly. you can always make something better i think.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

yeah i agree, its like those etheopians or whatever that live and run at really high elevations and come to race in other parts of the world closer to sea level and win based on the fact they can control their breathing better than people who live at sea level do.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

yeah i agree, its like those etheopians or whatever that live and run at really high elevations and come to race in other parts of the world closer to sea level and win based on the fact they can control their breathing better than people who live at sea level do.

Really? Never really heard of that before. Do they still win or do the judges reject them?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
why would they be rejected? they can just control their breathing. something most runners should be able to do.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

why would they be rejected? they can just control their breathing. something most runners should be able to do.

Same reason people who use drugs are rejected.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well, I wasn't just refering to Utah. Stuff like this happens all over the world. Nobody in the high part Nepal has asthma, everyone who did died because of the altitude. Inuits and Aluits(Eskimos) have a layer of fat under their eyelids to help with the extreme cold. those who were born without it died out 'cause they couldn't see, thereby removing that genetic flaw from the breeding stock. Etc, ect, etc.... It happens, in baby steps but, it happens.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
no its completely different. these people live where there is little oxygen so they just use less of it not in the sence they breath less but they control their breath. how could i explain. ooo i used to break dance and their are a lot of moves where at first you cant breath but as you learn the move you also learn to breath as you do it you sort of breath under your muscle. its the same with runners. so when these people come down to sea level their is more oxygen and they dont get tired as fast.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Evolution physicaly, minor. Dont qoute me on this, im no evolutionary biologist ma ( my good freind is though
).

Evolution, internaly ( Consciousness ), yes.

I believe that the human collective consciousness is evolving to a higher state. Through the power of global communication, via Internet, Television, Etc.

Deep

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Evolution physical, minor. Dont qoute me on this, im no evolutionary bioligest ( my good freind is though
).
Evolution, internaly ( Consciousness ), yes.
I believe that the human collective consciousness is evolving to a higher state. Through the power of global communication, via Internet, Television, Etc.

Don't you mean knowledge? I think we are getting more and more knowledge via Internet and Television, rather than evolving to a higher state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join