It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brent Spiner (Data) Interview - ATS MIX Special Edition 07

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have just been informed by our PR Firm in NYC that one of my "A LIST" requested guests, Brent Spiner, has agreed to do a interview show on the ATS MIX Show sometime in January 2008. You can GOOGLE "Brent Spiner" and find out pretty much everything you need to know to research and post questions here that you would like asked.

This is going to be a FUN INTERVIEW!

Dave

[edit on 2/5/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

[edit on 3/28/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I liked his work as an actor on Star Trek, but does he have any particular expertise in conspiratorial/paranormal stuff? If not, the only questions I can think of asking are related to whether he ever saw Denise Crosby or Marina Sirtis naked, and if so, how much, and could he give a detailed description.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
haha, YES!, This will be great.
I wonder what you'll be talking about, hmmm, I can't wait.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

You know Crosby is a Lesbian right? Of course, WHO CARES!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I like how this is titled " Brent Spiner (Data) Interview - Star Trek The Next Generation", as if he's not known for anything else. haha. I wonder if people come to him for math and computer related problems, thinking ask brent, he's a smart guy, I know i've seen him do this before somewhere.. He was pretty good as a retarded android prototype in Nemesis.. I really felt.. that he'd didnt WORK.. you know?

Ohhh brent, you will always, ALWAYS be DATA, anything else you do is irrelivant!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
wow!

this interview i'm sure will rule; i can't wait!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would wonder if the crew ever sat around during breaks and conjectured on the way Star Trek, to a point, predicted future inventions. Communicators to cell phones, Phasers/photon torpedoes to some of the exotic "light" weapons of today.

Did they ever speculate on how the original series foresaw some world events and discoveries, and how Gene Roddenberry could have dreamed up such things.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Since he played that wacky scientist in "Independence Day," what are his opinions on real aliens?

Or if he heard any good stories about similarities between his role and anything really going on?

Sounds like a cool interview, I'll be waiting to hear it when it's done!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would be interested in hearing Brent's thoughts on NWO conspiracy theories.

Star Trek paints a picture of harmony on Earth through globalization. Many people on ATS believe that globalization would lead to the removal of freedoms and the destruction of the little guy.

Edit to add:
Interested in appearing on Heroes?

[edit on 22/12/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

That's an excellent question!

I read so many sci-fi books that incorporate that one government ideology, and I find myself at times fearful of the same thing described harmoniously in these books. Of course, they're fiction, but I would be very interested in hearing Mr. Spiner's response.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here's the most important question to be asked: When is the next Star Trek TNG movie coming out?

Vas

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
Here's the most important question to be asked: When is the next Star Trek TNG movie coming out?

Vas

indeed. Although I don't think it will happen. They're just so damn old now. They'd need to somehow explain an aging android. And riker and troy left.. its just picard and the old gang..

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I would wonder if the crew ever sat around during breaks and conjectured on the way Star Trek, to a point, predicted future inventions. Communicators to cell phones, Phasers/photon torpedoes to some of the exotic "light" weapons of today.

Did they ever speculate on how the original series foresaw some world events and discoveries, and how Gene Roddenberry could have dreamed up such things.

Damn, kinda took my question but what does he forsee in the future that has been portrayed that has yet to come to invention? As far as we know.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think the guy is probably sick of the "data" questions.

However:

How has Star Trek and its related sucessors influenced society and culture in general.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Forget the Data thing, what about his role in the movie Independence Day as the long haired scientist who was in charge of secret alien and UFO materials at area 51?

I wonder how deeply he researched the subject for that role. Did he become interested in playing that role because of curiosity surrounding the secrets of area 51?

Does he believe there is a UFO at area 51?

Does he believe there are aliens either alive or dead at that facility?

By the way, I thought that his best work was in that movie.

Can't wait to hear this interview.

Who is the real Doctor Okun?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sure. A fun interview. Nerd Alert!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes!!! Data!!!

One of the more interesting roles that he's played so far was Arik Soong in the Enterprise series.

In the series, Dr. Soong developed and modified genetically enhanced humans in the style of Kahn from TOS. All Trekkies know that Kahn went on to try to take over the world, and do horrible things because he was more advanced, and felt it was his birthright.

My question might go along those lines. How does Mr. Spiner feel about the advancements that have led to our ability to create "better" human beings? Maybe then you could follow up with his thoughts on that advancement leading to the development of AI, and the more perfect human not being human at all (i.e. Data)

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've never listed to an ATX mix show, but I'm sure I will soon.. so you can take my suggestion with the smallest pinch of salt you can get. I just got a bit of a bad feeling when I read who was being interviewed because of what I've seen.

Like some others pointed out, you really need to be careful with the Data and android questions. I've seen interviews with members of ST:TNG who are being asked about the show, and they always appear to get a little frustrated. I remember seeing an interview with Patrick Stewart where the guy kept asking him question about Star Trek, and you could see that he was getting very upset, but holding his frustration back. I don't think those people like to be associated with *only* Star Trek. Patrick Stewart once stated somethings along the lines, "That part of my life is over" 3 times in a row during an interview when being asked about ST:TNG, but I'm not sure about Brent.

I'm sure the ATS guys can manage, though!

He's acting in an upcoming movie (03-08) called "Super Heroes!" which is supposedly a spoof of super hero comics - but this is probably already known.

I just thought I'd chime in because I've watched the entire TNG series over 5 times

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He's acting in an upcoming movie (03-08) called "Super Heroes!" which is supposedly a spoof of super hero comics - but this is probably already known.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

I have a question, how does he feel about how we as mankind has evolved technologically over the past 20 years?

For example, a lot from Star Trek TNG gadget wise (think touchscreen) have come to pass. We use PDA´s which mimic the "PADD´s" from Star Trek, cellular telephones that are as small as match boxes (think of a Communicator, won´t be long before they´re touch activated and worn on your chest!)

So it would be quite interesting if he´d share his thoughts about how it was for him as an actor in the 80´s on ST:TNG using all these "high-tech future gadgets" not knowing that we´d end up using them on a daily basis as we do now.

I´ve been a trekkie since age four

Peace,
FK

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have to admit to 'Data' being one of my favourite characters in all the sci fi I've watched. However I have to agree with what others have pointed out, to bombard him with ST:TNG questions would be a wasted opportunity to found out more sbout the individual that brought that character to life.

I have no particular question I would like to ask Mr Spiner, but this being a website that seeks to find the truth behind conspiracy, would it not be a good idea to ask questions relating to such?

Maybe get his take on global warming, terrorism, up and coming elections........come on lets learn more about the person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join