It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tokoloshi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I come from South-Africa and in the African folklore people believe in some little evil being called a Tokoloshi. I read about it quite often in one of the African newspapers here and allot of the times the articles are accompanied by pictures.. I'll have to get hold of a scanner and send a pick through for you guys to see.

I do not believe in this Tokoloshi myself, but ask any African and they will tell you it does exist. Allot of Africans even put bricks under they're bed so the Tokoloshi can't get to them. The creature is said to be about 1 meter tall.

I've tried to get some info off the internet but there is not much. I was just wondering if anyone else heard of the Tokoloshi before or have some info on it?
Herewith is a link of one of our radio stations blog sites where they had one story up for discussion

www.5fm.co.za...

Looks like a dead monkey corpse that they dressed up :-)
Ha-ha

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Goodness! I hope the Daily Sun is a tabloid. Because that is just bad. Is there an article with it, I can't find it. The story is sounds similar to the Monkey Man stories in India a few years ago.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by testrat]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hi

If you are gullible enough to believe that it mean's you already paid for the paper.

Now you can see the pattern i hope.

Regards
Lee

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i have a book, and it contains info on the tokoloshi.

it is only around 3ft in height, and is created from a corpse. It has no eyes, and a hole burnt in its skull. It has supernatural strength, and legend says a tokoloshi can not harm you if your bed is suspended on bricks. So if you see one GET IN BED!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
wow, when i read this thread i thiought that this was one of them chubucubra casese... but i never heard of this Tikoloshe so i went and searched in wiki.
it was an intreseting read!

if anyone who wants to know what Tikoloshe is click here
thanks Malica

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes, I've been aware of the Tokoloshi....
.......when John Kongos released the original single.
I used the school library to get some enlightened info on this rather odd character of African folklore.
In Europe tokoloshi would be the equivilant to a gremlin or hobgoblin.
It's nothing more than a cultural myth.
If I ever get the unlikely opportunity to visit Africa I'll bring my own bricks to raise the bed, or indeed sleep in a hammock.
That'll fox the little rascal.........Baaaaad tokoloshi man.........

" and it makes no difference if you're black or you're white, When this bad man says tonight is the night it's tonight... or words to that effect"

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by codex code

WOW Thats pretty crazy....how would you win a fight with a Tokoloshi, and what will you gain from it ( i know you will gain knowledge, but is it tainted knowledge, like trade your sould to do the art).

Interesting, thanks for letting us know, you learn something everyday.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Allthough the picture is fairly unconvincing...
Actually its just silly

But i did hear about the tolokoshi, did some reading aswell, if an intire continent believes in it so much they actually do the brick thing, there has to be some truth in it all.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
i love learning about new creatures, thanx so much for the info i read the wiki info on them and am glad to have learned a lil more.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm glad to see some people enjoyed my thread about the Tokoloshe. After seeing the different ways of spelling the word I also did some more research and found some more links. One link in particular I found very interesting. It gives more info on the Tokoloshe, and what was even better was the fact that they gave information on some very interesting encounters with this little creature throughout the years from the late 19th century. Still don't know if this is true or not??

herewith the link:
www.vanhunks.com...

Most of the stories I have read about this subject in the newspaper (and may I just once again state that this is a newspaper for the Africans) - an no it's not tabloids) mention that it is the work of a Sangoma. In South Africa there are allot of Sangoma's and they are traditional healers used by African people.

Maybe I should make an appointment and see if I can get a Sangoma to summon one just to be sure :-)

The Daily Sun newspaper will be available online soon. (www.thesun.co.za) and I will let you guys know once it's up and running. There is at least 2 - 4 stories a week.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What it's more disturbing to me is...it's dress..lol, Jesus,,,if such a creature was real, why that weird desire for dresses, curtains...whatever

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Man that picture was hilarious... Oh the poor old lady!

But thanks for bringing it up, you definately have my attention. Could you get more pictures from those newspapers in the future? That woulod be awesome!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm going to try my best to get more pics.. Allot of the stories published does not come with pics of the tokoloshe, but their victims :-)

LOL :-D

Luckily I work for a media agency and we keep records of all old newspapers in archives. I remember seeing another few pics last year. As soon as I have a spare moment at work I will get onto it..

Glad you enjoy it!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by malica
Luckily I work for a media agency and we keep records of all old newspapers in archives. I remember seeing another few pics last year. As soon as I have a spare moment at work I will get onto it..

Glad you enjoy it!!

I actually enjoy it quite a lot. Not often that get something you haven't heard of before, even with photos! ^_^ Althought, it did look like something out of a japanese horror movie... Hehe!

And by the way, photos of victims arent interesting, unless you can come up with something that has specific interesting marks/bites/missing heads or whatever this creature goes after when it "attacks".

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Looky what I found. A Tinwiki article on the Tokoloshi/Tokkelosh right here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It looks weird doesn't it. Had a bit of a chat with my one African friends yesterday, and we where looking at the pic and thought it looked like a burnt cat :-)
Anyway, my friend Tshepo (He is a Zulu) said that he was brought up in a Cristian home and he also doesn't believe in the Tokoloshe. When I mentioned the idea of seeing a Sangoma he thought I was mad and urged me not to get involved in things I do not know...

so maybe I should skip the Sangoma idea?? Apparently they are very powerfull, and might bewitch me?? I do not think I have the energy for that right now. So I will just wait patiently untill I can get my hand on more pics..

By the way I have never seen any pics of victims with bite marks or so on..
And so my quest continues.

Thanks for the link to Twinkiwiki it was a great read!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It looks weird doesn't it. Had a bit of a chat with my one African friends yesterday, and we where looking at the pic and thought it looked like a burnt cat :-)
Anyway, my friend Tshepo (He is a Zulu) said that he was brought up in a Cristian home and he also doesn't believe in the Tokoloshe. When I mentioned the idea of seeing a Sangoma he thought I was mad and urged me not to get involved in things I do not know...

so maybe I should skip the Sangoma idea?? Apparently they are very powerfull, and might bewitch me?? I do not think I have the energy for that right now. So I will just wait patiently until I can get my hand on more pics..

By the way I have never seen any pics of victims with bite marks or so on..
And so my quest continues.

Thanks for the link to Twinkiwiki it was a great read!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well since the thing likes to attack from under the bed, wouldn't putting a mouse trap under there help to get of it? anyway it's an interesting read but till someone can produce some sort of evidence like a picture,body,etc, I won't be beliving in it. that picture from the newspaper looks like something out of a cheesy low-budget movie or we can call it alvin of the chipmunks hits rock bottom

[edit on 1/10/2008 by scorpionxx]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Have you red the wikki info...lolol. It looks it is a kind of "Super lover"...womans lure it putting food and so...lolol

I wonder why it kills them...Maybe he is too sencitive to the "i have a headhache tonight honey" excuse!!

[edit on 14/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hello my fellow South African!
yeah many blacks we knew were fairly convinced - like the equivalent of ATS believing in the existence of Aliens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join