It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Passion and the conspiracy, it makes me sick! *vomits*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why is it that Heathenwood is trying to stop people on going to see Mel's "The Passion of the Christ."? I know you have some of the Jewish population screaming anti-semetism (which is not mind you) and all but, what else? It irritates me.

I went down to the movie theatre here in Waldorf, Maryland and went to see if the movie was going to play. They told me "no, its too controversial"

Controversial! movie theatres can show movies with rape, murder, cursing, sick humour, movies without mesages but, as soon as a movie about Jesus comes around, heaven forbid they play it! They don't want to offend anyone! Makes me friggin sick I tell you!
ITS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST CHRIST THEY ARE ALL AFRAID! Afraid to get out of their comfort zone and look the Truth in the face.

I tell you now Heathenwood, Mel's movie is going to be big, mark my words, you've missed your train and Newmarket is going to ride big! Thanks for your over dramatising this whole event, it just makes people want to see it more. I implore everyone to go see this movie especially you my Christian brothers!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Won't this ever end? Bloody Hell! How many times will they fulfill the prophecy? Can't you see that it is wrong to take some idiot and dress him up like this Jesus whom they don't even know what looks like, film him and say "There's your God! Worship!" Fools and sparks of Hell.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
...was made up by FoxNews.

They go out of their way to dig up some Jewish leader willing to go on TV to say it's anti-semetic. And then put him opposite Falwell.

Get a clue Friend. Gibson is playing into this whole "controversy" FOR THE PUBLICITY. FoxNews and imitators are beating the dead horse for ratings.

While here in common sense land NOBODY GIVES A #.

"Heathenwood?" Man you got played hook, line and sinker. Deny that stuff Bro. It's all make believe. It's not even a major movie without all the hype. No wonder it's not coming to your town. It's called DISTRIBUTION, most of which is contractually bound between major players and outlets.

Why would a little movie chain break contracts just to show a Mel Gibson movie because someone believes what they see on Fox? Go to an art house. That movie was made for a long shelf life in art houses.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No one says worship and have you seen this movie Mikro? Don't pass judgement until you do so please. Tell me of this prophecy please? If this movie brings people to Christ or back to Him then that is a good thing no? Remember Mikro or Hamilton or whatever name you go by these days, your predictions have been wrong in the past.

[Edited on 2-8-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
No one says worship and have you seen this movie Mikro? Don't pass judgement until you do so please. Tell me of this prophecy please? If this movie brings people to Christ or back to Him then that is a good thing no? Remember Mikro or Hamilton or whatever name you go by these days, your prophecies have been wrong in the past

If sitting in a dark room together with hundreds of other people staring at a living image of a person everyone in the room identifies as Jesus and God, but who is a mere actor, 101% concentrated. So focused are you, that if "Jesus" says jump you will jump. If this isn't worship, then what is? Do you know what the word worship means? Exactly what in the prophecy about the Image of the Beast is it you don't understand? Nowdays there is a Beastimage for everyone. One for the Christians, one for the scientists, one for the politicans, one for the children, one for the old, how many times must you see people sell their soul to lies and fake idols?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know of at least one theater that is play it. And it is not an "Art House", but a GMC theater.

I think that Mel Gibson (who is a vocal Catholic) made this movie for reasons of faith, not $$$. He has been a strong financial supporter of Catholic Charities. He made this movie with his own money, without a distributer, and despite objections from Hollywood.

As far as cries of Anti-Semitism, Jews have suffered at the hands of so-called Christians who slaughtered them, claiming they were "Christ-Killers". I cannot blame some members of the Jewish community for being a bit "testy".

Bottom line? It was a movie made by a believer, about the non-"G" rated version of what Jesus suffered. If you want to see it. see it, if not don't.

But, if they can have movies that show rape, murder, child killing, whatever, no one should complain about a movie crucifiction.

Just a few thoughts.....

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Lady,
I agree with your thoughts. Regal at Bowie is playing it and its not a "Art House" either.

Mikro,
I realise he is an actor, you don't know how strong the medium of film can be. Mel is smart on using his money and talent to bring a movie about Christ based almost word for word on the Gospels. This might be the way people will be exposed to Christ for the first time, some might want to learn more about Jesus and God and what He stands for.

Most who sees this movie aren't worshipping Jim or Mel or and of the cast and crew, as they shouldn't be in the first place. Come on we aren't stupid we know he is just an actor and not the real Jesus. It could open a persons eyes and heart, and hopefully help people reassess their relationship with God and Christ.

No person knows God's full plan for humanity, because it hasn't all been revealed brother. Don't fall into pride and arrogance and assume that you do know God's full plan. This is a heads up. Don't become one of the false prophets yourself, that God has warned us about. This might all be part of God's plan.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I didn't mean to imply Passion will only be in Art Houses (small trendy theatres) but rather that for every megaplex that doesn not run it either because it's not a preferred distributor or because it's deemed controversial, it will run for a full year in some alternative venue banking on the controversy. Maybe for years.

The controversy is good for this flick. More people will see it, and they are playing that angle up big time. The news is milking a story to near death here.

It's really not that big a controversy IMO except on the news. Which we all know is full of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
well, nobody and i mean nobody thinks the actor playing jesus is him. Its an actor displaying the sufferings of jesus who is God and doing this, this movie may rekindle a moral
ground for people who have been corrupted by this filthy planet, but some hae this idea because they hate morality, which is a huge reason why hes being attacked.

About images, didn't God command statues of angels be made and placd in the temple in exodus? or were they idols?

A statue can be looked at without worship. it would take a very unstable unfaithful mind for someone to worship a statue or an actor. whoever does this has no faith at all.

Cearbhall, that signature is very true, just had to add that.

Btw, I hope to see the movi whe it comes ot, I realy hope this changes alot of souls during these end days.

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The powers (Jewish) that be have been objectionable to the display of Gibsons' film for the obvious reasons. (We all crucified Jesus by denying his Lordship)
That being said, no one should blame Jews for Jesus's death.

Read the Bible for the recounting of the facts people.

The $$$$$$ will talk and the politically correct police will walk.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Lady,
I agree with your thoughts. Regal at Bowie is playing it and its not a "Art House" either.

Mikro,
I realise he is an actor, you don't know how strong the medium of film can be. Mel is smart on using his money and talent to bring a movie about Christ based almost word for word on the Gospels. This might be the way people will be exposed to Christ for the first time, some might want to learn more about Jesus and God and what He stands for.

Most who sees this movie aren't worshipping Jim or Mel or and of the cast and crew, as they shouldn't be in the first place. Come on we aren't stupid we know he is just an actor and not the real Jesus. It could open a persons eyes and heart, and hopefully help people reassess their relationship with God and Christ.

No person knows God's full plan for humanity, because it hasn't all been revealed brother. Don't fall into pride and arrogance and assume that you do know God's full plan. This is a heads up. Don't become one of the false prophets yourself, that God has warned us about. This might all be part of God's plan.

Jeeeez. How braindead is it possible to become? Have you no idea what spiritual implications grows out of such a thing as this? Obviously not, and I will not even try to explain it to you. Good luck with your life. Just don't come running the day you stand before your God and he says you worshipped many worthless things. And the worst of all, you worshipped an image of him which wasn't him, and didn't even look like him or sound like him, or anything. All this you did, eventhough it is prohibited throughout the Bible, both old and new testaments, he even sent prevailing servants to you in order to warn you, but you scoffed at them and called them false prophets. To watch a movie is to worship. You submit yourself, all levels of conciousness, 100% to focus on an image which lives and even can speek, made by a prophet whose a Roman Catholic living in the USA. I'm sure that if Jesjuah himself was standing right before you saying this to you, you would just show him away and call him a lunatic since he didn't look like Mel Gibson (though he is not very unlike
)..........

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hamilton, how can you say this and judge cearbhall, and say that he worships statues and we do when you do not know what we do or think?

You see that passages in scripture but you do not hear them. You judge people you donot know, then curse at them, and use arrogant phrases, yet say we are the idolators.

hhave you even attempted topractice grace? Im being serious here, its like a man who profanes Gods commands yet judges others on the same teachings.

It is simply amazing.

peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Hamilton, how can you say this and judge cearbhall, and say that he worships statues and we do when you do not know what we do or think?

So you don't know how to read? You seem very well read in scripture, atleast well enough to understand that when it says: You shall not make thyself an image of a god, and Jesjuah says that the Law stands rock steady until the day when Heaven and Earth is destroyed -- well enough to understand that it is wrong to go to Jesus movies.

You see that passages in scripture but you do not hear them. You judge people you donot know, then curse at them, and use arrogant phrases, yet say we are the idolators.

If you haven't got it yet, I didn't come here to listen, anyone can listen, I came here to speek, I must have been given an opportunity to warn you all, for as it seems per now, every bloody ship in this world is sinking.

By their workings I know them, and I hear and see more than you think, don't boast because you hear. The Pharicees did the same backe when Jesjuah was killed. And he was killed because of what they heared. They heared you and me discuss here now for instance, didn't you know? The reason why Jesjuah was killed is obvious. It was because of all the iniquities of the Catholic Church. The Spirit runs backwards in time, but you knew that I hope. I am not attacking any single person here. I am attacking ignorance, and try to save some from damnation. But I don't understand why I even bother.

hhave you even attempted topractice grace? Im being serious here, its like a man who profanes Gods commands yet judges others on the same teachings.

It is simply amazing.

peace.

Well I am not the Church, neither am I the Pope or a Hollywood producer. These people and institutions have a responsibility to teach the children of God to be rightious, so they may be pardoned when the "Dreadful Judge" is raging.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just wondering, is it true that the guy playing Jesus was struck by lightning during a break or something like that?

Also i must express that there has been many movies of Jesus(pbuh) made and that i have been forced to watch them, especially when i reverted to Islam, my Mum and uncle made me sit next to them and watch the movie about 2 times each.
I always say to them, who are those men playing and posing as Jesus(pbuh)?
They are just meer Men like you and I!!
So who gives them the right to play a Prophet of God who was sinless?

They reply with no good answer's!!

Im going to see this film only because i like Mels films, i like the way he directs and the great sound he seems to have in all his movies.

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
*sigh*

It's just a movie. There are those here who find darkness in everything. What does it matter if people make their own minds up from it? For centuries we were never allowed to decide for ourselves what the story was in the Bible - the churches rammed their interpretation down our throats. The only way forward for religion is to open it up to analysis. In the era we live in today, the entertainment media is one of the avenues that is accessible to all people.
A movie is entertainment but it also makes the viewer ask questions. And if one person comes out of the theatre and starts asking themselves about what they believe in and why, isn't that a good thing?

Just because it doesn't fit your view of Christianity it doesn't mean it won't help others to form their own ideas.

What makes me sick is those that will censor purely because something goes against thier own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
All I know is that when it plays here in Toronto I will be one of the first in line to see it. I can't wait. I'm sure it will be on video too but TV not so sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Spirit runs backward through time, so Jesus was killed for the iniquities of the Roman church?

I don't buy that. Jesus died for the iniquities of all of mankind, Roman or no.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i will see the movie and hope our country will soon stop going away from GOD.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It was reported that James Caviezel was struck by lightening last fall during filimg.
I'm looking forward to this movie< i have been for quite some time. About 2 weeks to go now, i hope nothing happens in the next two week, like more editing.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide
I think that Mel Gibson (who is a vocal Catholic) made this movie for reasons of faith, not $$$. He has been a strong financial supporter of Catholic Charities. He made this movie with his own money, without a distributer, and despite objections from Hollywood.

i was gunna say that, ya just HAD to steal my thoughts...

and has anyone seen "The Boondock Saints?" That is an amazing movie starring Willam DaFoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, and Billy Connolly... it was banned in the US as well. nationwide though, not in just select theatres. BECAUSE IT TOO HAD A MESSAGE!

# the art museum, see that movie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join