It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An alternative theory -- The government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well just to pacify the ATS debunker brigade I don't have any proof of any of the following so please don't waste my time by asking for PROOF.

This is a what if scenario - Could it be possible that Earth is a Zoned planet and alien civilisations have classed us as primitive. They know we exist however we cannot be interacted with officially due to our level of technology.

We are at a crossroads now and our technology especially anti grav and zero point power production are close but the government keeps (by hook or by crook) the technology supressed to keep our Primitive status ongoing.

Why - well maybe certain other civilisations have a interest in our planet and are just waiting for the green light or our status being upped to advanced so that they can claim (war/invasion/politics) what they want.

Possibly the greys are interstellar scientists/ police who monitor our progress and watch for other alien interventions who knows (MJ12) anyway just some random thoughts on why we as supposedly intelligent beings are not allowed to know much of the real truth about what is going on.

So it is possible that disclosure maybe a negative event for the human population is the government really protecting us, then again this is only one of many hundred ideas on other civilisations possibly outside this planet and the good old human race.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

I had a similar idea www.abovetopsecret.com...

but sadly it has not got much attention :/

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I agree, the abduction thing is very much like our scientists tagging animals in the wild I guess this has played around in my thoughts for some time. The experiment i'm not so sure more of a [ imagine you could watch stoneage man in his natural environment] scientists would lap that up big time and i'm guessing that quizzical minds are not restricted purely to earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

URANTIA BOOK!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have wondered this too. There are many people who would find disclosure a negative experience. It would mean we would be forced to question and change long held religious beliefs, cultures and ways of life.

For many, sudden normal changes in life i.e. death, moving house, changing jobs, getting married, having children are stressful can be very traumatic.

How much would our lives change if we were suddenly faced with the possibility that there is life out there, very much here on Earth with superior technology to ours.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Care to elaborate some more?

A link would do

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

The stress factor would be 'out of this world' sorry for that. Although the movers and shakers would find their place in the greater theatre - what puzzles me is why can only some be trusted and then of the ones in the know why are they shouted down big style by those in the UFO community when they come out so to speak. Its big business UFO territory and its getting big business to become a big debunker to.

We are the sheeple right enough.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Urantia Book delivered to the earth by the alien "forces" outside of "earth" explains everything in known history of mankind. There's only one word use "Urantia" it is the proper name for "Earth". All you have to do is look up the word.

The book is real. If you want to truly know it is in the book.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The human psyche is fragile indeed, but i think there's more people who want to know about life outside our planet than people who don't. I know that the general populus is full of close minded people who are happy with their lives in little suburban boxes, with suv's and ani-depression drugs.

There are real numbers that say there are more people who believe in life outside our planet then people who dont NG poll , news wire poll .

I for one take it for fact that there's life outside our planet, and that we're being visited. And for proof i take whats hidden in plain sight. The disclosure project is a good example. Also people like Bob Lazar who have seen ET and real craft. The bottom line is that they've been discredited by the US gov. so no matter what they say it will always be false...

P.S. I dont think the government is protecting us from anything by hiding the facts of ET reality. They lie their over paid butts off all day and night about a whole plethora of other issues as well.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
and i just noticed that the two links i pasted are the exact same poll... sorry

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

I for one take it for fact that there's life outside our planet, and that we're being visited. And for proof i take whats hidden in plain sight. The disclosure project is a good example. Also people like Bob Lazar who have seen ET and real craft. The bottom line is that they've been discredited by the US gov. so no matter what they say it will always be false...

I think the main question is why are they telling lies and actively debunking anything and everything, the press as well. I would like to think that there is a good reason and I will wait to find out one day.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There is a good reason. POWER. Knowledge is power. Money is nothing when a handful of families have laid claim to the Earth for thousands of years. Would you want to give up your power, or would you wanna consolidate it with other powerful people, so you can basically create what they have now.... an inbred world family of people who prop up each other's own power and wealth. They need to maintain their illusion of power, and if we knew they weren't as big and bad as what they act like, they could no longer control us. It's all in your state of mind that gives them the illusion of power.

Letting people know about the aliens would in no way shape or form jeapordize our safety. If anything, it would strengthen safety by letting everyone prepare for it, if these aliens are indeed hostile. All those brilliant minds out there who could be figuring out ways to protect against hostile ETs and form alliances with benevolent ETs are instead laughing at the subject, therefore nothing serious is being done about it at a civil level.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by indierockalien]

[edit on 20-12-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hmm, honestly, I think the theory is pretty ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I know it's just a 'what-if' and everything... but that's just my opinion on the theory itself. I believe in ET life 100% and kind of believe that they have already been visiting Earth, but this scenario you've drawn up seems extremely far from what is probably really going on.

What is really going on though? I have no clue lol, so your theory is no worse than any that I have come up with...

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I disagree look at africa and other third world areas we (the technology advanced rich) exploit third world resources do we not. We have factions that guard against poachers of rare animals yet poachers still go in and poach them. I am taking this theory from our little planets way of dealing with diverse culture and people. I cant imagine that other peoples are not similar in nature.

Maybe cows are worth billions in other worlds ( or bits of them ) so they come take and go.
[cattle mutilations]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
In my opinion, an alien race waiting for us to develop more before conquest somehow feels a rather stupid thing to do. Only explanation for such behavior that I can think of is, well, sports :-)

Anyway, disclosure would create thousands of people who worship some god and while at it, would argue that goverment must neccessarily be evil and that the end of times have come. That causes nothing good. It would propably take several decades before the dust will settle after such action.

I do think disclosure should be made, but I am not all that certain about when, exactly.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Maybe cows are worth billions in other worlds ( or bits of them ) so they come take and go.
[cattle mutilations]

Nice one.

I can imagine it now. The intergalatic bovine futures market

Although these alien cow kidnappers don't appear to be day traders.

Regards,

Tim.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ChunkyBarcode]

new topics

top topics

join