It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Field Work or I'm with ilovepizza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like the idea. I want to do a King's Peak trip this summer, but it's right in my back yard.

I'd be willing to go anywhere, though, and I love the desert.
Another thing to consider is timing. For one thing, it probably isn't too safe to be hanging out in the desert in the middle of July. Also, as prior service military, I know that the fiscal year for the military (all branches) run from October to October, so you see an increase in training (spending) towards the end of the fiscal year in order to justify an equal or increased budget the next fiscal year. I think our best bet for catching a glimpse of something moving would be at or near the end of the fiscal year.

I think it would probably work best under an innocent premise. I think we should have at least four people, for witness in case we're harrased by security, and for corroboration in case we capture any photos or footage and require redundant testimony. It should be like a camping trip or a mountain bike trek and I think all mood or mind altering substances should be left at home this time, for credibility's sake. I really don't think we'd need to bring anything more than cameras and digicams and good cell phones - maybe even the ones with cameras in them in case we were compromised we could transmit photos to the ATS server for safe keeping.

I say we form an ATS field study group, get off our asses and go prove some of this stuff! Develop a plan and implement it, ie. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

WHAT SAY YOU?

Maybe we could fanagle a little funding from ATS or other interested parties, too!

DeltaChaos out

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We would need funding for a boardroom, complete with personal laptops, full staff, to serve lunch and dinner for late meetings as well. Plus that would need to be covered, the meals.

Then maybe a personal limozine for the executives, oh and an escape chopper if the base is over run. On top of this a bunch of personal bodyguards, and lots of equipment.

Sorry if I got out of hand! These types of things get my interest and I like to think about nice facilities or bases, or operations that are well funded.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah. Like ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

:w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w::w:

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In my opinion much more than one million dollars would be needed, especially if a top quality research and investigative facility is needed. Perhaps 250 million for the base of operations and expenses, all included.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuestForSafety
In my opinion much more than one million dollars would be needed, especially if a top quality research and investigative facility is needed. Perhaps 250 million for the base of operations and expenses, all included.

Relax, bro. I said we should leave the mood and mind altering substanced at home this time! I mean, what are we? Professionals? I'm talking about riding some bikes around the desert and taking some pictures and having some fun.

You're right, though. We should ASK for $250 million, then they'll only be able to talk us down to a hundred or so. Good thinking!

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I guess I got carried away, I like to plan things to perfection, which requires high funding.

Riding a bike and having fun sounds like something for a small team to do, I would never take part, I am not strong enough to ride my bike far, besides, the sun makes me sick due to some illness. Planning and boardroom meetings are my specialty, until I have more educational training in specific fields that is.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have prospecting gear. I could wander around and pretend to be a lost gold prospector. (A role I am quite familiar with.)
That would be a plausible cover if hasseled by security.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just need a J*A*C*K*A*S*S to haul my gear around.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wait a minute........ What's in Kings Peak? I'm from Utah and I've never heard of anything.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have a new theory. I think QuestForSafety is an ALIEN!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I assure you, I am not an alien, you are the one getting a bit carried away now, I would say.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm all for an expedition. Only problem is...

I'M IN HONDURAS!

Anything interesting going on in Honduras, conspiracy-wise?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkeye
I'm all for an expedition. Only problem is...

I'M IN HONDURAS!

Anything interesting going on in Honduras, conspiracy-wise?

If not, maybe you should start one?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

If not, maybe you should start one?

It's that kind of thinking that got us where we are today (on ATS).

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
How about sneaking over the ridge north of Michael Army Airfield at night during overcast weather to see the Aurora space plane? You take the road to Dugway, but when you reach the town instead of turning toward the base you turn north of mountains and travel a few miles until you find a turnout with campgrounds. If you hike up the hill from there, going over the ridge, you'd have a good view of the airfield from what I can see on topo maps.

The notion that there's an underground secret base at King's Peak is pretty crazy, IMO. If you look at real "secret" underground bases they're not really that secret. They're surrounded by fences, observation towers, have ground security, etc. They build underground bases to survive thermonuclear war and other potential natural disasters. They're only "secret" because they don't people messing with them, not because they're hiding anything. They can survive direct nuclear attack, so why would they care if potential enemies know where they are? That's how I see it.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I would really like to catch a glimpse of that Aurora. When we're retired, though, we'll probably be buying tickets to take trips to space on it.

Are you near Utah? I'd be up for any trip that was within a 750 mile radius of my present location this spring or summer. I'm serious.

Anybody really interested can U2U me and we'll hook it up!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These vaults that are not so secret, to withstand blasts are something that interest me! I would very much like to be on the list of people allowed to go into them for safety, I have heard some of them are totally self sufficient, and one can survive in them indefinately.

top topics

join