It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke in pictures of WTC 7 is dust from the towers collapsing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I found an interesting picture:

Now, compare this picture to the famous picture of WTC 7 being suppossedly engulfed in smoke.

Notice any similarities?

I believe this building is the Three World Financial Center as pictured below.

www.emporis.com...

As far as I can find, this building was not on fire when the first picture was taken.

So, is that "smoke" in the WTC 7 picture actually smoke from building 7? Or could it be just general smoke from all the other buildings on fire caught in a wind vortex around the building?

BTW, the first picture was taken by Bill Biggart (who died getting us these photos).

digitaljournalist.org...

[edit on 12/19/2007 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hmmm... nah, I don't think so. Look at how some of the smoke is rolling up into windows on the side. The building was on fire and had enough holes in its gface that smoke poured out and it kept pouring smoke all day until Zafar's 4:30-5:15 pic, so up till collapse.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I didn't say none of the smoke was from 7. I still think that that picture doesn't show squat as far as proof that WTC 7 was ablaze. Especially since we have the other picture showing the exact same thing happening to a building that was not on fire.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is this what you're talking about, Griff?

It looks like smoke is coming from the building, but it was really just dust rolling off of it from WTC2's collapse. Probably has something to do with the way the air flows around these buildings (because of the shape of the buildings), that create this appearance.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Is this what you're talking about, Griff?

Exactly it. Do you have the one really famous picture of 7? The one that looks more like the first picture? I can't seem to find it but I know there is one out there. You can see the vortex more in that picture and is the one that I wanted to use but had to settle with this one. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If that was smoke, I think there would be broken windows on the face of the building. The face as far as the picture goes. That much smoke would mean alot of broken windows.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Are you speaking of the WTC 7 picture or the World Finance Center picture?

This is my theory on what these pictures show. Maybe that will help to start getting things rolling.

The first picture is a picture of WFC 3 (I believe). I don't think at the time of WTC 2's collapse that it was on fire. IMO What we are seeing is (like bsbray said) is the concrete dust from the collapse of 2.

In the WTC 7 picture, what I believe is happening is the same phenomenon. Some of that smoke is from the fires in WTC 7 (I won't say there weren't any fires) and some was from all the other buildings on fire down there (4, 5 & 6). This gives the illusion that all the smoke is from WTC 7 and it is ablaze like this:

Which, we can clearly see that it's not. Like Reason said, the windows would be busted out.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wasn't the wind blowing predominantly South that day? That would mean the air flowing down towards the WTC would have WTC7 in front of it, and the air would be flowing around the sides of WTC7 towards the rubble piles to the South in a kind of "shear" motion against the smoke/dust/smoldering that was still coming from the rubble piles of the towers and wafting up into the air from behind WTC7. Does that make sense?

Here is a good photo to illustrate the idea:

Look which way all the smoke/dust is moving.

The wind is coming south, hitting WTC7 first, and then moving around behind it and interfering with the smoke/etc. rising up from where WTC1 and 2 used to stand. There were also major fires in WTC5 and 6 still going on behind WTC7, and we have plenty of photos of these fires, but NOT the supposed fires in WTC7.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The ultimate smoke screen?

If this was a CD, I was thinking which way would they have preferred the wind to be blowing? It would be interesting to get a detailed weather forecast for that day and the few before and after it to see if the wind was intended to be doing exactly what it was that day.

Ideally I'd say a slight wind blowing back towards building 7 would be the ideal for the CD, to hide exactly what took place.

Also I am begining to wonder if any "fake" photos have been or will be circulated to cover such a crime? What do you think? I am also aware of the "hologram theories" that have begun to circulate, and something in me says these could be a form of disinformation to take us away from the real issue of "Why did building 7 fall".

Great thread so far

watchZEITGEISTnow

top topics

join