It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Eat this?!? (KFC's Chicken Bowls)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If we have mashed potatoes, gravy and corn at my house, then that's exactly how they dish up their plates. Corn always goes on the potatoes and gravy over the top. Doesn't work well with cream corn though, but my kids still like it with cream corn too. I think it looks like it needs some bbq sauce on top

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

The do have a version with BBQ on top!

I like my corn on my mash potatoes too, but I don't put cheese on it.

Cream corn....

Hungrygirl.com posted a recipe for a healthier version of KFC's bowls using home made ingredients. I feel that home made mashed taters and gravy are a little bit better for you.

I'm going to go find that hungry girl article.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ok I am going to say that the hungary girl version doesn't look that appealing. It replaces potatoes with butternut squash and fried chicken with morning star chicken patties, yuck.

But I thought I'd post it anyways for those who are interested.

Mock KFC chicken bowl

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks SO, but I think I'll stick with the calorie and sodium crammed version. I have one once every four or five months, if that.

Everything in moderation!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Colonel's masterstroke. They're simply known as "the dank" around here.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It even looks nasty...looks like a serving of clogged arteries, diabetes, and heart attack. Makes me want to puke. I wouldn't even pay a nickel for that crud.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh too many people worrying about the effects of one unhealthy item. If you eat them everyday I'm pretty sure it'd kill ya, but once and a while(or just once) is going to have no adverse affects.

And that is wrong. If only they could find a way to deep fry the whole kit and caboodle......

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

Well for me I already have an issue with food that I am working with, and my fiance has type 2 diabetes. So I feel it's best for us to stay away from it all together. I feel my griping about it due to my personal circumstances is reasonable.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
mmm mmm mmm Yes these KFC Bowls are really good. But I agree all fast food is well overpriced and filled with fatty foods (which is why we excersize). But what sounds even better is a A&W Rootbeer float to go with that Chicken Bowl... mmm mmm mmm

Guess I'd better put on my shoes and head up there.. I just totally brain washed myself.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by WalkOn]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

According to one page it's over 600 calories and got a grade 'D+' for nutrition, being high in fat (check trans fats!) and high in sodium.

www.calorie-count.com...

It says 300 something for '1 serving', but it doesn't say what portion of that is a serving size, and then below, says 610 calories.

It always makes me a bit ill to watch those ads...but ymmv, I suppose.

I'm probably one of those guys who doesn't like my meat to touch my potatoes, anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WalkOn

You may be confused as to the comment that we can exercise and ameliorate the habit of eating high fat foods.

You can run a mile on the energy in an apple!

I shudder to think how long you'd have to exercise to lose weight while eating those things.

Better to exercise to be stronger and have good cardiac health than to think that it's going to matter much if you're eating way over your maintenance calories.

(unless, of course, you're riding in the Tour de France, where it's not atypical for an athlete to expend 8-10,000 calories/day).

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I choose to look at food like this as natural selection.

All the people who can't tolerate high fat, high sodium, artificial crap foods are going to end up dying off and the people who can tolerate them will pass on their genes so the race will survive and be able to live off that stuff.

It comforts me to think this in the middle of the night.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

It looks good..and I love popcorn chicken...but thats kinda over the top.
My arteries would be screaming in clogged pain...

Edit to add..
Don't you just love people who order this with a Diet soda?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That picture would have looked more appetizing on a very empty stomach and had I not eaten dinner already.

BUT, anything that looks that good to eat is worthy of consumption even though the chickens have been through much 'processing' prior to ending up as our foodstuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I draw the line at KFC... I don't know why, I mean I'm a big lad and I like my food, but KFC just makes me

Home made version of said meal! Could be good although I would replace the tatters with rice.

MonKey

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Man ... every time I see this thread I get hungry.

I know just what's going to happen. I'll be driving past a KFC sometime in the near future, pull in for one of these, then gripe because I spent too much money on so much food I can't eat it all. And then feel bloated all night long.

Damn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join