It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the dinosaurs weren't killed by an asteroid???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What would life be like now????

Would we still be the dominant species???

Would we have become extinct???

Would organized religion ever take form???

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You know, whenever I think about those questions, two things pop into my mind.

1. Jurassic Park
2. Dino-Riders www.80scartoons.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Life would be definitely different, the death of dinosaurs gave rise to mammals, us.

I doubt we would be extinct, but I am pretty sure that we wouldn't have been living like now for sure...no computer or ATS or Aliens, nothing.

We would be just trying to survive and not get squashed by gigantic dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think if an asteroid didnt end them, we would have eventually. It would have taken a while though.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Life would be definitely different, the death of dinosaurs gave rise to mammals, us.

I doubt we would be extinct, but I am pretty sure that we wouldn't have been living like now for sure...no computer or ATS or Aliens, nothing.

We would be just trying to survive and not get squashed by gigantic dinosaurs.

I agree with Surfup. We would definetly not be the dominant species.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im not so sure I would agree that if dinos still roamed that we would not be the dominant species...I think you underestimate our ability to slaughter and dominate even the most massive and dangerous species....I think its plausible that after awhile and after inventing some nice new bows and metal edge weapons[spears,aroow tips'shields] that we would jump on the path to wipe out the dinos just like all the aniamls we kill today..Much better fight between some people and a dino then a people vs. tigers elephants ect...besides..how do we know that we wernt the ones responsible for the extinction of the dinos..theres no proof we didnt burn down all the forests in oder to starve the dinos plus all the camo would be gone so it would be easier to hunt and gang up on them..It sounds fun to watch at least

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
humans wouldnt exist if the dinosaurs werent killed off

Dru

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I read this page at a web site and to me it makes sense.

Humans are the number one killers out there. We'd have no problem wiping out the dinosaurs.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dru
I read this page at a web site and to me it makes sense.

Humans are the number one killers out there. We'd have no problem wiping out the dinosaurs.

Nice find..makes sense.Never thought how much easier it would be to kill something that is running around on two legs with its chest exposed..It does make an easier target then a polar bear!

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did David Icke not stipulate that Dinosaurs may very well have evolved to be as highly, or if not more intelligent as us?

Im not too sure on this though, But Fossil evidence is abundant. Something went aray with our Dino freinds.

Deep

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe what JackBlack is trying to possibly indicate is that maybe the all inclusive word: "all" dinosaurs were not killed off by an asteroid hit/impacting with Earth?

Found this interesting bit of information on a "list" of sightings:
I have posted on a thread somewhere, a photo taken during the Civil War showing Union or Confederate troops with a "downed" pterodactyl. Here's that article:

"CryptoCorner: Cutting Edge Cryptozoology From Around the World"
www.creationinthecrossfire.com...

Excerpt:

"In our February meeting I gave an overview of worldwide cryptozoology1 as well as an update on the trip that Dr. William Gibbons2 took in November 2000 to Africa in search of crypto-creatures.3 Today I will give a brief country-by-country cryptozoological survey from all over the world ending in Cameroon Africa, from where Dr. Gibbons has just returned from his fourth trip.

In North America multiple reports of pterodactylsa have come from the Sonora, Mexico area all the way to Mesa, Arizona in the U.S.4

The residents of Lake Champlain and other North American lakes have reported and photographed living plesiosaursb swimming in lakes, and occasionally raising their long necks out of the water.5

Fairly recently Lake Erie had a small dead plesiosaurb (about 18 inches long) wash upon shore. A local taxidermist "stuffed" it. Dr. Baugh, a cryptozoologist and director of the Creation Evidence Museum in Glenn Rose, Texas, bought it from him and is having authenticity studies (c.a.t. scans. X-rays, DNA tests, etc.) done on it.5

A terrifying plesiosaurb encounter occurred in 1969 with five scuba divers off the coast of Pensacola, Florida. The plesiosaur, whose neck stood ten feet above the water, attacked and killed four of the five divers.5&14

Reports of plesiosaursb have been coming from the British Isles for more than a century. A T.V. documentary called "Mysteries of the Deep", aired on the Discovery Channel, P.B.S., et al shows multiple witnesses who tell of plesiosaur sightings and encounters......."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I saw on some tv show that if the dinosaurs were not killed then they would have become more intelligent. about as intelligent as we are. then we would have a fight on our hands...two races the dino-people and the humans. I wonder who would win...

top topics

join