It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin picks his "heir" who will make him prime minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Putin picks his "heir" who will make him prime minister

www.asianews.it

12/12/2007 05:55
RUSSIA
Putin picks his “heir” who will make him prime minister
Russia’s president backs First Deputy Prime Minister Medvedev as presidential candidate. Russian Orthodox Church is happy about the “balanced decision.” Jewish and Muslim religious leaders approve the choice. Putin’s dauphin wants his “venerated master” to take the post of prime minister.

Moscow (AsiaNews) – The nomination of First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev as a candidate in the upcoming 2 March 2008 presidential election is Vladimir Putin's “balanced decision,” this according to the Patriarch of Moscow, Aleksij II, who today expressed his approval for the outgoing president’s choice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

[edit on 12/12/2007 by helen670]
Im so sorry I stuffed up!

[edit on 12/12/2007 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Since I don't understand much about Politics and all, I don't really have a comment!
Can I do this?
Since this is my first 'news' post...hope I did this right!
I guess Mr Medvedev is favored by both Jewish and Muslim religious leaders......this is good yes?

www.asianews.it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Ok, did not get it right!
Can a mod help out?
So sorry ....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

I don't know much about Russian politics. I personally would not think the leaders of the country would be all to concerned what the religious leaders think of the decision of Putin to step down or choosing his heir, which I also think will need to be approved by other government leaders. It would be a good idea to get people in Russian to chime in on this.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hi RedGolem/

Firstly,thanks for replying...I too don't know much about politics, full stop.
The Russian politics has only been an interest to me as of late, only because of it mainly been part of Prophecy(main interest)and that prophecy is a concern to Russia and the whole world.(another thread I guess!)
Well, I'm sure a few members here will have something to say concerning the state Russia is in now and how it will be with the new changes ahead.
Many don't like Vladimere Putin for many reasons(political ,I'm guessing) but I believe a man should not be judged by his past(whether it be, actions or words)but for what he can accomplish today as a changed man...
I guess, time will show it....

helen

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
HI/

Can anyone from Russia add to this ?
Or is it Old News?

helen

top topics

join