It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechan situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In light of the recent bombing, What do you think can be done about the Chechan Situation? IMHO I think that the Chechans can only be dealt with the same way the US are dealing with the Iraq/Taliban, and some Spetsnaz forces should be given unrestricted means to hunt Chechan terrorists (And not innocents, though I know this would happen regardless)
If this happened in America retaliation would be swift and brutual, dont forget that.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Whats the difference between the Chechans and Palestinians?

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Chechans are not like the taliban.
One man terrorist is another freedom fight.

IMO people in the west do not know enough about what the Chechens are fighting for. Or just how brutal the Russians have been to trying to keep them down. How desperate do people need to get before they start using sucide bombers.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Palestinians had a terroritory created in their own land, taken away by the UN and given to Irsraelies, people they were traditionally enemies with. From what I gather, they accepted this as 'sh*t happens', but as the Israelis tried to expand they understandably resisted.
IMO Israeli doesnt deserve to exist, but with Chechenya, the Russians had it as one of their states in the Soviet Bloc (correct me if I'm wrong?).... It's like America losing Guam to rebels, then trying to retake it.. .you'd have suicide bombers (well, possibly) trying to kill you for that... Would that not be justified?

I know what the Chechens are fightning for, admittedly without the emotions as intensely felt by them, but an appeal to people to fight for the 'freedom of their country' always works wonders, look at conscription in WW1 and WW2..
The Chechans are working to get media attention on the situation, killing hundreds of people is not the way... I dont know what I'd do in that situation myself but I know I wouldnt start killing hundreds-> thousands of innocents who probably knew relatively little about the Chechen crisis...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
strategically chechnya is important part of resource hogging , most of the bombing aint being done by them imo

top topics

join