It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with mobile phone needed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well, just the other week I cleaned my mobile phone in the washing machine. Needless to say, I need a new one.
But, which new one? There are so many out there!!!
I reckon I'm gonna stick with Motorola, so I'm looking at either the 'Maxx', the 'V3xx,' or the 'V3i.' I'm so confused.

I'm probably going to go with the 'Maxx,' but I would like a second opinion. The original phone I had, the V3x, was a piece of **** in the software department, but apparently its replacement, the Maxx, fixes all the issues.
The full list of Motorola phones scares the bejesus out of me, and that's just one company!
Please dont leave me out in the cold here . . .

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

Please dont leave me out in the cold here . . .

Why, Is it snowing out?

I'm sorry but dont know much about mobile phones...
lots here will come to your aid,real soon.
good luck!

helen

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If you like Motorola, the V9 is good or the Q......

It depends what carrier's service you have.....if you want me to get into data devices. If you have AT&T, the TILT is quite good!.....does it all!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I live in Australia, so none of that carrier stuff applies to me.

And just looking, the V9 goes for about $6/700, while the Maxx is about $250.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What is it you want then? Shall I do some research and see what the phones sell for in Australia before I give my opinion? I'd be happy to do that for you as I have nothing else to do.....

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm looking a the Maxx V6. I've got two seperate SIM cards for it, one that's on a Telstra plan, and one is Virgin Mobile pre-paid.

Will these both work if I swap the cards around? Ive got no idea how to find out. Ta Excitable Boy
If youve got better things to do, please ignore me

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok, after much yelling down the phone at the local Fedex office, my new V6 MAXX turned up.
It's everything I wanted!! It's unlocked, so takes any network, it was a breeze transferring my contacts over, and it came with this cool plastic clip on case which is just awesome for certain situations.
All up, I got it for over $100 less than the store bought version, plus this is unlocked.
It's fast, doesn't freeze up, the camera is impressive, and the buttons are handy. The outside screen is sweet, the case has an awesome feel, and the battery is like nothing I've ever had before.

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to purchase this phone. Make your own decision

Thanks for the help everyone!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

i get my upgrade soon
in Feb so i will be getting one of these beuties

nokia n95 with 8GB storage

shop.o2.co.uk...

or

sony ericson

shop.o2.co.uk...