It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'expels Canadian ambassador'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Iran 'expels Canadian ambassador'

news.bbc.co.uk

"Canada regrets the decision of the government of Iran to order our ambassador to leave Tehran, which is entirely unjustifiable," he said.

He said the move came after Ottawa failed to approve Iran's proposed diplomatic representation to Canada.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's not surprising really, we were taking our sweet time picking a candidate to be Iran's ambassador to Canada, likely because of the rift the US has opened between the western world and Iran, and now because we delayed, they expelled our ambassador in Iran.

Tit for tat, I can't say we didn't deserve that.

If only the US and Iran hadn't been playing this staring game, we would still be on good grounds with Iran.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Perhaps Zahra Kazemi had something to with this? She's dead. Please take the time to read the following Canadian article of how she became a dead person. www.cbc.ca...

Mira

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Iran wouldn't reject a Canadian ambassador because of a mistake Iran made...

Iran would reject ambassadors because of a mistake Canada made.

Sorry, but the death of that journalist simply doesn't factor into this.

The death of that journalist is just coincidental with the rejection of our ambassador.

As for that journalist, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. All reporters know of the dangers of placing yourself amongst violent protests, and they accept those dangers. She was no exception.

What were the riot police supposed to do? Ask whether each person was a Canadian before interrogating them? If you believe that, you seriously have a few screws loose.

No, Iran rejected our ambassador because we rejected theirs... pretty simple.

apc

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
They probably figured something out around when they were raping her...

New investigation started last week... yeah, total coincidence. Unless of course there's some way to blame the US. Then it means something, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Do you actuially know anything about Canadian politics? You think these procedural issues aren't tied in with other aspects of Iranian-Canadian relations?

I don't think you are even close but you like me are entitled to an opinion.

This one issue has dominated Iranian-Canadian relations and brought things to this. Are you sure you are a Canadian? What's your deal? Been hibernating? All Canadian MSM have featured this. Unable to agree on an ambassador? Ambassador Monday has been there since last spring. Wake up. It was just on CBC radio and on NewsNet. Lead for the 10:00 News. 3 issues total, human rights, nukes, and Kazemi. End of story.

Mira

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
RE; APC

You mean something along the lines of the fecal matter the US smeared over some of their Muslim prisoners? Stacking them one on top of the other, naked, for gratuitous photo shoots?

Some marine, foot on top of a stack of them, naked, smeared in feces, smoking a cigarette, pointing at the camera?

Yeah, those Iranians and their interrogations are evil. lol

RE; Miras post.

I'm sorry, but as a Canadian, you should be able to notice when the media places a spin on a news story to make it seem like it's linked to another story.

Don't be snowblinded by the media man, you're one of us.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You are living in a fantasy johnsky. You are welcome to it. Enjoy yourself. It is you who may be being spun by your own interpretation of what you perceive as spin. See you at the polling station.

Mira

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Um, okay, care to back that up with any information? Or are you just spewing out of frustration at the moment?

Don't feel bad, the cold is getting to all of us lately.

But no, I do see this as a media spin. The media wants to push both stories as much as possible, and because they both conveniently deal with Iran, they link the two to make both stories seem more intriguing.

Its a typical media tactic.

See, Immigration, and Outsourcing. Common tie : Foreign countries.

See, Muslims, and terrorism, common tie : Different religious beliefs.

See, Paris Hilton and George Bush's ratings : wait... wrong side of the equation.

You get the point. The media is in it for the ratings... if they can spin it to make it more interesting, they will.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think Mira is right johnsky. She understands the at least what the issues are behind this diplomatic contratemp if not all the nuances.
If there were still WATS she'd get one from me. Your arguments are not persuasive and stink of right wing stenotic thinking. You don't "get it". Your perceptions of the media are hilarious from my perspective and I half wonder if you can be serious. But I've read your posts. I'd recommend Mira find a more stable intellectual joust-partner.

Vic

[edit on 3-12-2007 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

join