It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keepers of the Lost Ark?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

try to use your imagination and think about the situation of the jews----------------------between the captivities of the 10 tribes of israel 721 bce and the jews by the assyrian/german king sennacerib and the babylonian king nebuchanezzer in 586 bce the jews were driven out of the middle east into all the countries of this earth---------the jews are everywhere------including me-----i am a british born jew that lives now temporarily in north america.only a handfull of the jews returned to the land of G-D after 70 years captivity by the babylonians/chaldeans.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This link claims the Ark has been found and is in fact part of the treasure discovered by Howard Carter in King Tut's tomb.

www.lexiline, the text detailing its hiding in the Mishnayot.

And a picture of the Ark they say was found in Tut-ankh-amun's tomb.

The Mercy seat of the Tabernacle

Other links to pictures and various objects on each page.

Moses copied an Ark that he had seen in Egypt?.

Then there is this theory that suggests that the Ark is hidden on or around Mt Nebo. Link, but this may be about as reliable as Ron Wyatt's evidence, ie none.

Some people believe that the Ark is hidden somewhere in or around Mt. Nebo on the Jordan River's east bank. In the apocryphal Second Maccabees, chapter 2, verses 1-8, we read how the prophet Jeremiah "following a divine revelation, ordered that the tent [i.e. the tabernacle of meeting] and the ark [i.e. the ark of the covenant] should accompany him and how he went off to the mountain which Moses climbed to see God's inheritance [i.e. Mt. Nebo; see Deuteronomy 31:1-4]. When Jeremiah arrived there, he found a room in a cave in which he put the tent, the ark, and the altar of incense; then he blocked up the entrance." (vv. 4-5) There is some debate as to whether or not this second-hand account (see v. 1) is trustworthy.

Anyway seems to be a lot of differing opinions on where it is and what it is. Other sites include under Tara in Ireland, in the Vaticans secret storerooms, Roslyn Chapel in Scotland and under the Temple Mount.

mojo

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Very interesting links. Did the Egyptians copy the Ark of the Covenant? I've never heard the theory that the actual Ark had already been discovered, in King Tut's tomb no less.

This does tie in amazingly however with the theory of Ahmed Osman, who believes that King Tut was Jesus. He makes a great case for his theory in his book "Jesus in the House of the Pharohs."

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by mojo4sale

Did the Egyptians copy the Ark of the Covenant?

No, i think this suggests that Christianity aped/copied other older religions and that the Christian "Ark of the Covenant" was in reality Egyptian.

Heres some more on the Ark being Egyptian?

Was Jesus, Tutankhamun

Tuthmosis III marched with his army into what is today known as the Holy Land. They carried with them an Ark, containing the image of Tuthmosis III's "father," Amun, an Egyptian god. (The "Amen" with which various faiths conclude their prayers is traced to the Egyptian Amun.)......snip.......Tuthmosis III and his guards retired to a "fortress to the east" -- Jerusalem, the "City of David." David (Tuth) purchased the threshing floor of Mount Moriah, paying 50 shekels of silver. There he built, not "an altar for the Lord," but a shrine for Amun-Ra, whose image was carried in the Ark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join