It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humongus Object found in Greenland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Object found in the middle of Greenland. It is 79,83 kilometers long. That is 49,61 miles.

www.youtube.com...

What is it?

[edit on 30-11-2007 by SmokingGun420]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
says its a malformed URL, do you have a better link?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
here, a working link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darthweezer
here, a working link.

www.youtube.com...

thanks Darth.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The satellite magnetic anomaly map contains some very pronounced anomalies: A magnetic maximum of 8nT centred in northern Greenland at approximately 79° 30' N, 37° W, a smaller but also significant maximum over southern Greenland at 61° 30' N, 44° W, and two minima over the Disko-Nugssuaq area of central West Greenland (70° N, 52° W) and the Scoresby Sund area of central East Greenland (71° N, 24° W)

A magnetic anomaly, the northern one, not to far from the object.

Link

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
great find mate.. I have to start playing with google earth a bit more maybe i'll find some more stuff

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Heh? Found this page if you scroll down about a quarter way, it talks about astronauts witnessing cylinder shaped ufos and even has pictures from an Ariel view over Greenland.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It could also just be a windswept snow dune with a sharp top, the gold glow is the sun bouncing off the snow blowing over it. Just a thought. However it is very straight, and it looks to be part of the terrain as it cast a shadow.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Then again, when I zoom up on the object it seems to be translucent and the terrain can still be seen under it, maybe its a defect, or someone just put a line on there to make people ask questions.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

PontiacWarrior,

Can you send a link to the video that works better? Also, I am confused with the measurements? It states 49,61 miles long..what is that? Is that four thousand or supposed to be 49 thousand? These units and commas are strange to read?

Thanks, Peace..Mondo

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The link is working now, but I think it is said to be 50 miles long, after close inspection however, I think this to be a defect with the map or something, not a ufo or building, you can see the continuation of the terrain under it, as if its translucent.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
PW,

Off to check it out, thanks for the clarification too! Seems really odd looking but one never knows what can trick the eye, especially from great altitudes!

Tlak to you later, Peace....Mondo

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is it just me that is seeing very large flames coming off it? Or is that just some sort of default in the colour?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think its a default. I believe there is nothing physically there, its an anomaly alright, just not the one everyone is hoping to find.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
PW,

I think you are on the right track, then again....maybe it is a gigantic gold sword from a race of enormous aliens that once inhabited the inner Earth!

Isn't that sort of what people are hoping to find?

Anyway, more searching and surfing to be done...Peace, Mondo

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
this is not an attempt at an answer of what appears on the image,

it is just pointing out that this effect might be accomplished by erecting a pipeline some 2 meters off the ground on supports
then putting a 25' wide sheet of clear durable plastic tent fashion over it.

alert the 'Myth Busters' to do this experiment and photo the image from above... bet one sees an Anomaly like what's being discussed here

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And then . . . .running it for miles and miles ?
Lot of investment.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Anyone else notice a black box not too far away from it....probably a glitch or anamoly but ya never know, maybe that's what they don't want you to see. Google censors the images

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The images from Google Earth are nothing more than many, many satellite images of different shapes, angles and sizes all stitched together like a big puzzle.
Those "objects" are actually the edges of satellite imagery that, in this case, were poorly stitched together.
Notice how these objects actually run parallel with one another?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
my best guess is, Noah's Ark!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join