It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
did i miss something? when i go to work i leave all civilization and am cut off from the world for 5 days..i came back to base the other day and read this,
But this week's discovery of possible small amounts of ricin - a deadly poison - in the mailroom of Senate majority leader Bill Frist hasn't evoked the mass evacuations and national paroxysms of the earlier attacks.
read the rest of the article here i can't find anything on it now? Has it been proven not to be ricin at all? If it indeed was ricin why is it not all over the news like the anthrax scare was?..could someone fill me in whats goin on with this as i find this interesting. Thanks Ciao

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The thing about Ricin is that it is very easy to make.My Grandad had the beans that Ricin is made from in his greenhouse.It is the chemical equivilent of a molotov cocktail.Anyone can make it.

So eyes will automatically turn to domestic terrorism.Just some crank and that doesn't make the news so much.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
oh..thanks for clearin that up for me..i was under the impression it was almost as bad as anthrax..thanks for clearin it up.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
oh..thanks for clearin that up for me..i was under the impression it was almost as bad as anthrax..thanks for clearin it up.

It is just as bad if not worse, it will kill you, there is no cure. Period.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
so its bad huh?..i wonder if maybe the reason why it isnt gettin as much media attention is because WE aren't the ones responsible for this attack. By we I mean the government for some reason i just have a feeling that the government wanted everyone to b scared and decided to do the anthrax attacks just to keep the country on edge..maybe this time the government isnt behind it and thats why its all hush hush

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ricin will kill you.

I'm just saying it is easy to make.You just got to refine castor beans(enter castor beans on google and see).

A Molotov cocktail will kill you too.Yet you've just got to fill a bottle with petrol.

It is serious that it was sent but it was probably some crank out in the sticks.

So the reason why it hasn't been a big story is because the US media have a different view of what is news worthy since 9/11.If it is not Islamic terrorists then they think it is not a big story.

In 1978, Georgi Markov, a Bulgarian writer and journalist who was living in London, died after he was attacked by a man with an umbrella. The umbrella had been rigged to inject a poison ricin pellet under Markov�s skin.

www.nationalterroralert.com...

This is the homeland security site and what it says on Ricin.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've seen quite a bit of media attention to the Ricin scare.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the link JohnBull..i have to agree with u if the perp isnt the image of our new islamic enemies..and wouldnt give us evidence to further our war then it doesnt get much press...

new topics

top topics

join