It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Sleep Paralysis Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I get "Sleep Paralysis" about once or twice a week, but the one I had last night was the worst I've ever experienced. I was sleeping on my stomach, and I was just about asleep when it started. It lasted about 8 seconds, which was the longest one I've ever had. The weird part about it is, like I said before, I was sleeping on my stomach, and then it felt like I floated above my bed and turned on my right shoulder. When I got out of it I was facing my wall and my left ear (the one now facing towards the ceiling) was hurting really bad. I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming because every time this happens I moan REALLY loud to try and wake everyone up, and my dad asked me what the hell I was yelling about last night when I woke up this morning. I guess what I'm asking is, why does sleep paralysis happen and how can I stop it?

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
well you could try drinking a nice amount of whiskey before you go to bed, that way you pass out, and when you wake up in the morning, you wont remember a thing! Im just talking here...just a temporary fix is all...

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"getting enough sleep
reduce stress
exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
keep a regular sleep schedule "
www.stanford.edu...

"Preventing and Coping with Sleep Paralysis"
www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

And even found one refering to aliens:
"A Few Suggestions on How to Escape Sleep Paralysis"
www.castleofspirits.com...

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis has been covered quite a bit at ATS. Look for it using the Search button.

Eight seconds is your longest? That sounds easy enough to live through without panic. Wait for 4-5 minutes or more of voiceless yelling and kicking to be woken up... before you realize it is pretty harmless... but it can be an indication of a muscle relaxing hormonal imbalance.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Awesome links. I'll try some of those suggestions out and see what happens. I think if I had Sleep Paralysis for 4-5 minutes I'd go crazy, because 8 seconds seemed like an hour.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis accompanied with body spirit separation is a good indicator of an abduction. Did you fall asleep while under paralysis?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have had *MORE* than the required dose of sleep paralysis encounters.
Though sounds " cool ", the experience in itself is extremely horrific.
In my younger days I learned to fight it off, by tensing up my body and, focusing my mind to not be zoomed away by this experience. Coupled with Mulitiple OBE experiences, Iv began to believe that it is not an " Alien " experience, but something deeper, Sub Consciouss perhaps.
Deep

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheThinker

lol yeah sorry dude alchol dnt help it i got it worse when i drank alchol lol and i felt my self sinking in to the bed and everything lol plus sum ept kicking my back and all my freinds were sleepng so ye its a weird thing tho i dnt find it scary just funny lol

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If at any time you want it to stop do this:

Say the name "Jesus Christ". (or rather call for his help)

Or you can just say it anyway just to see what happens.

top topics

join