It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People'sChoice revoked: Media Empires squash Dean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Yeah, I agree the Dems suck, but that is good for us conservatives.

How so? You don't still think Gw, Cheney et al, are Conservatives, do you?
What's Canada's draft age cut off, if you have one?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by THENEO
Yeah, I agree the Dems suck, but that is good for us conservatives.

How so? You don't still think Gw, Cheney et al, are Conservatives, do you?
What's Canada's draft age cut off, if you have one?

Canada needs no draft, remember this phrase...

CANADA... the land of the nonspecific enemy.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Vote for Kerry if you like business as usual

Vote for Bush if you love Big Brother

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Bout Time; Just read this thread.... Da## your good!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
...They better get a REAL candidate that take Bush on one on one.

Edwards is an ambulance chasing Personal Injury Attorney who has bilked millions from insurance companies...

The old guard of party Republicans here in NC tried to squash Edwards with just that rhetoric. He was LOSING when the Jesse Helm's machine came out with his usual dirty tricks for Lauch Faircloth (these guys spread Jim Hunt rumors of homosexuality too)... but claiming this time you don't want Edwards, he's a trial laywer and bilks insurance.

Edwards LOVED it. It gave him more press and TV time than he could have otherwise afforded. "They say I'm and ambulance chaser... well the girl I represented against X wasn't in an ambulance, she was in a hurse because of Y..." you don't win trials being a bad speaker or unable of convincing people to your side.

That ambulance chaser thing is EXACTLY what he would hope to be attacked by. He came out with a book called FOUR TRIALS in response to Helms/Faircloth and made himself another million explaining himself as everyman's David v Goliath.

He went to State University for crying outloud, then law school at UNC. Unless Opie Taylor was a Skull & Bonesman, Edwards is not a high priced whore crook at ALL. And people know it when Republicans lie now. Thank God.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I think the only person to blame is Dean.
I think after people saw his insane side, they decided he might not be the best one to trust with the football.

Performing rituals with dead peoples bones isn't insaine is it?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Mr./Dr. Dean is "toast".
Self destruction, along with over exposure of his "I have a Scream speech, admittedly by CNN, has left him "wanting".
Best hope is a VP spot and thats not looking promising.
Mr./Dr. Dean will indoubtedly be remembered for inspiring the Democrats, etc. into believing and positively thinking that they can remove the current Republican president.
His new creedo is: "I had a Dream....."

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just wonder if Dean would have won the presidency and conducted himself the same way he did in Vermont (sealing off years of records that inquisitive folks would like to see) would all of you be whining about him as well?

And I thought most people on this forum outgrew the sheep comments. Calling someone a sheep because he disagrees with your opinions has become a very very old and annoying blemish on the integrity of this forum. Seriously.

I wish this forum were around in the mid 90s so I could see if the same critics of government were saying the same things about Clinton that they do now about Bush. Unless of course you thought that the Clinton presidency was the epitome of an honest, representative government, of course.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe that Dean could reasonably move to a third party position. Having read some of underlings comments on his website this appears to be a growing sentiment. If he legitimately embraced the green parties constituents he might pull of off a "Perot" manuever this 2004. This move would put the nail in the coffin for the democrats chances this year...it might even signal an end to the democratic party realistically being a viable alternative to the republicans anymore. It would certainly put Dean in a postition of power within the establishment. The democrats know this and really FEAR it. They know that they alienated more than half their supporters during the Clinton years as they scrambled to gain "republican" ground and became beholden to corporations. Most of their grass roots constituents left (pun intended).
This was certainly reflected in the popularity of Ralph Nadar as well as the extremely low voter turnout of "typical" democratic supporters, i.e trade labor and unions.
I think that Dean has more chance leaving the democrats behind and addressing the 180 MILLION Citizens who vote "no confindence" every four years. It certainly can't hurt since he appears to have been marginalized by the political machine.
It would also kick the Democrats in the -ass-, force them to show their true colors and redifine themselves as the party of the people or go curl up and die.

Politics is a great chess game...too bad they play with real bullets...

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Two months later, you can see how easily Dean has been swept under the rug by the media while the "good cop-bad cop, both-cops" (no offense) campaign drags on....Guaranteed to alienate a large percentage of voters intelligent enough to realise no-win when they see it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join