It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Gov. project infecting Iraqis with cancer via radioactivity in water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Did you not learn to not take another persons truth as your own? (I thought you had) This includes the person that wrote this article. I have a few responses for you.

The American official you refer to in the article...What is his name? Where was this information coming from?

Your response to my questions:

1. You say IF Iraq was trying to hide a nuclear reactor MAYBE they wouldn't want inspectors to find it?

Ask yourself WHY THEN DID IRAQ "immediately agree" IMMEDIATELY (this insinuates they have nothing to hide and that for some reason they really want this inspection to occur.) Also, you answered my question with your statement ending with a question mark. Who are you asking me? Iraq? The UN? or The United States Gov?

2. This answer is a total contradiction with your response to question #1.

What this story has to do with it? It has everything to do with it. There is a cause and effect for everything.
No, its not that you took the wrong pill. Its that you don't know a pill exists or what they represent.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by St.Joseph

Ok, this is what information I got from the article:

The UN/U.S. wanted to test Iraq's water for radiation because they were suspicious of an Iraqi nuclear program.

Testing the water for radiation is a good test to see if a program has been started.

The Iraqi government allowed it because they were rebuilding their country from the first Gulf War. They didn't want the wrath of the UN/U.S. to come upon them, so they complied with the testing.

My question is, why would the U.S. government want to test the water if they are the ones radiating it? Wouldn't the government NOT want to test it?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
First as stated. It was tension between The UN, Iraq and The US and NOT between US/UN and Iraq. It was a three way tension not a two way. Dont belive me? Here is the statement from the UN rep:

Mr. Zifferero did not suggest that this alone should constitute full Iraqi compliance with the terms of the United Nations-imposed cease-fire in the gulf war, which mandates outside monitoring to insure that Iraq complies with a ban on the development of nuclear weapons. But he repeatedly said his team had found no evidence of any remnant of a nuclear capability there.

"The war destroyed totally Iraq's indigenous capability to produce uranium," he said. "All the uranium they extracted is under our control."

Your question:
My question is, why would the U.S. government want to test the water if they are the ones radiating it? Wouldn't the government NOT want to test it?

"Iraq has accepted a United Nations proposal for a nationwide water sampling program to insure that Baghdad does not covertly rebuild a nuclear arms program, the head of a United Nations inspection team said today."

the UN called for the testing. Seems you are confusing the UN and the USA for the same entity. That is the tension between the 3. The USA does not want the testing but must say things like:

"But a Bush Administration official (who would not identify himself) involved in nuclear nonproliferation policy said environmental monitoring of this kind could not substitute for a continuing program of on-site inspections like those the United Nations has imposed on Iraq since the Persian Gulf war."

Imagine a tug of war and the UN is the rope. It is key to see past the "spin" that is put on the news.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by St.Joseph]

<< 1   >>

join