It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Kosovo fighter claims victory (Kosovo Elections)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Ex-Kosovo fighter claims victory (Kosovo Elections)

news.bbc.co.uk

Former guerrilla leader Hashim Thaci has claimed victory in Kosovo's parliamentary election, though official results are yet to be confirmed.

Mr Thaci said it was "a historic day for Kosovo". He has promised to deliver independence for the Serbian province within weeks.

Earlier, independent monitors said Mr Thaci's Democratic Party was well ahead, mid-way through the count.

But correspondents say a boycott by Kosovan Serbs may undermine the result.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Kosovo

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We discussed Kosovo a couple of days ago, and I gotta confess this very important election totally has surpassed my attention.

This is where it stands. Hashim Thaci's Democratic Party is in the lead followed by Ibrahim Rugova's Democratic Alliance. The outcome it predicts might get things to accelerate, compare Mr Thachi's statement. What will Serbia do then?

Sure the only way to stability is to be joint in the European community, where national boundaries means nothing more than administrative dividing lines.

Despite this conflict has run pretty close to most Europeans I most admit not to know much about the details of Kosovo. The media attention in Europe has been more or less absent since the war ended.

The BBC link of the OP has links to backgroung stuff and is really a good base site for anything on Kosovo. For the elections read xinhuanet's Kosovo parliamentary elections close without major incidents

For Kosova and the war in particular, look Wiki -very good article-

What should happen to Kosovo? I cannot see other solution than incoorperated in EU, together with Serbia ...and Albania.

Have they even started talks with Albania?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join