It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the free fall fallacy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

Originally posted by Haroki

Ok, let's do some calcs. We'll do one floor first.

The office floors floors were 31,000 sq feet, the core area was around 9000.

1 cubic yard = 3'x3'x3'= 27 cubic feet. That would give you a slab 1 foot
around 70k tons.

Here's an understandable place to read about total weight of the towers. 320k tons total. Section 4 has the summary. They seem to estimate your "payload" as much higher.

911research.wtc7.net...

Interesting thread.....

Good find!

Urich comes to 288kton total mass of one tower (320 short tons)
Contradicting the 'populare 500kton' (or probabily rather 450kton I read everywhere) from a buttom up calculation/estimation if I get that right.
The steel is known. And he lists a lot as 'payload' that requires a closer inspection. Somehwere in this calculation (hiden?) has to be the total mass of the concrete... or am I wrong?
not found yet. that psf and feets and lbs and ...is all confuseing me.. I am not so familiar with the US units.

too your 70kton calculation i can not say much haven't checked it.
I guess you did that the same way as green when you get the same number. Question is if you cover everything this way and have the right numbers.

So G210, have you done any more calcs?

I'd hate for all my help to go to waste in such an interesting topic.

Please keep up the good work.....

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b
that psf and feets and lbs and ...is all confuseing me.. I am not so familiar with the US units.

Here's an online conversion link:

www.onlineconversion.com...

Let us know what you come up with.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haroki

So G210, have you done any more calcs?

I'd hate for all my help to go to waste in such an interesting topic.

Please keep up the good work.....

No I am sorry. I was and still am busy with other things.
I have hoped one of ATS would do the calculation somewhen and deliver me the numbers for the amount of concret, steel and payload of teh towers.
After all to figure out the correct numbers is reasearch others should be able to do also. It hasn't to be me. It's even better when the numbers comes from others. But it needs to be done serious.

Nothing ever is vasted in life.

I just came back here because there is a new thread where I saw that the second video printed a collapse time of 14 seconds for the north tower according to the audio:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

That's the same value I observed myself watching a number of such collapse videos. But I never used the audio, just visiual.

I am doubting that the concret could have been only 70 kton but also with 70kton there is still 1 second missing according to my plots in the page before. (dashed line is the realistic line, the other the theoretical limit)
where of course you may doubt the payload number there.

So it is still the same. Someone needs to give me truhstworthy numbers for concrete steel and payload and I can plot the graphics for more I simple lack time and energy. I have a private project running. which has highest prio and will keep me busy for 3 months.

Griff, thanks for the convertion table link.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by g210b]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join