It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodruls Still in the running

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A shout to all my people (that is if anyone is thinking of voting for me
)

I am still in the running and here to take questions
By PM or on live Chat on ATS

Date and time will be posted later for Chat

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Good day Bodrul

Do you recognize Israel's right to exist?

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yes, every country has a right to exist
but i wont be treating Israel like a spoiled child
if the commit something that is wrong i will condem it not condon

Israel has a right to have its state but not at the cost of others
as in occupy more land and keep any occupied land which isnt its.

Same goes to palistinians if they act like twits they will be dealt with the same way

edit:

feel free to grill me here with this question Live

www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 18-11-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
  • Do you support the Patriot Act?

• Are Civil Liberties more important than National Security?

• Do you support drivers license for illegal immigrants?

• How much validity is there to the Myth of Meritocracy?

• posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:49 AM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
  • Do you support the Patriot Act?

• No i don’t support it as it is slowly eroding the rights of individuals,
    Not only is it removing the rights of the people but also giving the assumption that everyone is a potential terrorist.
    This could also mean essential services which the public rely on in their daily lives been cut off. For example Mobile phone blackouts where mobile signals could be cut off nationwide to pull everyone into a frenzy.
    This could also lead to people who haven’t done anything wrong being subjected to restrictions, for example people that have had been through identity fraud where their information has been used in some crime, those individuals would be on top of a group with many restrictions.
    So No im not with this fars as its just another way to stir things up and go further into a dictatorship where the people lose everything they hold close to them.

• Are Civil Liberties more important than National Security?

• There is a very thin line between national security and Civil liberties.
    For example holding people without charge and without evidence, thats a thin line as its immoral and degrading as the people will be subject to speculation and scrutiny in their life from others.
    If the government and security services have the evidence and produce it to the court of LAW of the land then that would be different. As that person has evidence that puts him in the wrong.
    Same goes with surveillance and taping phones if the government has evidence and a warrant they have every right to tap the phones of suspects as they have evidence to follow the lead.
    If they had no evidence and then started tapping every phone they wanted that would go into the NO zone as they have no right to intrude on others without just cause.
    So on this issue there is a very thin line which can’t be crossed unless it’s for good cause.

• Do you support drivers license for illegal immigrants?

• I don’t support Illegal immigrants having driving licenses; reason for this is they won’t have official papers or documents at all. A driving license can also be used as proof of ID in most areas like banks and so on, so the card holder can easily cash out a loan and then if caught and deported that place would be down in cash.

The only people that should have a licence are those that are citizens or with Visas that show they can stay in the country.

• How much validity is there to the Myth of Meritocracy?

• Depends.
    I’m all for this where people who strive to do well and work hard get what they deserve
    Wealth doesn’t determine how smart you are, it is known fact in some areas and places that the poor care more about education as things aren’t handed to them on a silver platter.
    To strive to improve and better ones self should be on ones agenda all the time.
    To ensure that everyone has this chance I would work with the education department to ensure that every child gets the right and fair education they deserve so they can take that first step to realizing their dream.
    If they want to work hard in education , then I would back them 100% as a smart and educated individual that enters the work force, they would be contributing to the economy which is far from what can be said about someone who has the ability and place to work but don’t because they don’t feel like working,

These people who are the main concern also as they expect to live the dream but get it free.
    For these I would do this if they don’t want to work but claim benefits.
    For this I would counter by giving them benefits but also making it a requirement for them to work in places given to them by their welfare offices where they will work the national hours worked by the working class but only get paid the amount they would get for welfare. This would ensure that they get it through their heads that if they want money they have to work for it. This will also ensure more people get into the working force. (This would not affect people that are medically unable to work)
    As you can see in my prospective Meritocracy means people working hard and aiming for their full potentials.

if my spelling is off or anything please do tell me

note to UK wizard cheers for bugging me about my grammar and spelling

top topics

join