It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Dull Grey UFO in Seligman, New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
NM_JUNE_30_1949.pdf
Project 10073 record: Seligman, New Mexico, June 30th 1949
A detailed record of a dull grey, silent UFO

Document date: 1949-06-30
Department: unknown
Author: unknown
Document type: record
pages: 11

Archivist's Notes: This is very detailed and readable in the most containing details of the witness and lots of information about the sighting. It also has comments handwritten regarding another witness to this object.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

-One object, circular, northern course

-Viewed for approximately 8 seconds

-No physical evidence or photographs

-Object dull gray but sharply outlined on straight and level flight path.

-No apparent sound from object or "power". (Assuming propulsion)

-Seen from an estimated distance of 12 miles

-Speed calculated at 2000mph or faster

-Not very luminescent, but well defined

-Witness says they have seen meteors and this was not one

-Weather at the time of sighting was very clear

-Witness a Dr. Charles J. Prchal, Vet. meat inspector with US Dept. of Agriculture -- Interviewer deems Dr. Prchal "well educated, steady and observant".

-Object appeared brighter than the brightest stars. (Appears to contradict with above)

-Object appeared to stand still for a length of time and then speed off.

-Object estimated to be 49' to 100' in diameter.

Reports appear to be from several different witnesses. However, I can't be certain as I am having a very hard time reading some parts of the document during transition. Second name that I can make out appears to be Thomas Lynch.

End notes appear to read

"Dan & I have discussed it at various times. We had never heard of such a thing at the time. However, shortly afterward we heard many reports. I feel this would be ???(possibly considered) as having been reported by (Name scribbled out) in 1949."

Official Conclusion: Meteor

[edit on 16-11-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Considering the number of reports from this general part of the U.S. around that time, it would be interesting to see if plotting them would help. Most of the observers in these older reports seem to give a direction. If a time and direction plot were made, I wonder if anything would stand out as far as a location?

Another report that shouldn't have been marked off so easily.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Forgive me for dredging up a old thread, but I've been a looking around for a ufo crash in Socorro, New Mexico and I came across this thread. Having lived in Arizona, I know there is a town there called Seligman. I took a gander and could not find a Seligman in New Mexico.

How can there be a crash in a place that doesn't exist? At least, there's no Seligman in New Mexico that I could find. I very much dislike dealing with pdf documents, so I haven't read this and I apologize if the info is in there. Sometimes, it's easier just to ask.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Among credible writers who cover U.S.-China relations, we can identify Michael Pillsbury, an author of two books on China, available at National Defense University Press:
1. China Debates the Future Security Environment (This book has been translated and published in China by the New China News Agency).
2. Chinese Views of Future Warfare

For more information on Michael Pillsbury, please visit Michael Pillsbury's website.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i can't help but notice the lack of posts on this thread.. does the ufo have to be shiny to get attention?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Forgive me for dredging up a old thread, but I've been a looking around for a ufo crash in Socorro, New Mexico and I came across this thread. Having lived in Arizona, I know there is a town there called Seligman. I took a gander and could not find a Seligman in New Mexico.

How can there be a crash in a place that doesn't exist? At least, there's no Seligman in New Mexico that I could find. I very much dislike dealing with pdf documents, so I haven't read this and I apologize if the info is in there. Sometimes, it's easier just to ask.

as you head west from flagstaff, the basic order of towns is flag, williams, ash fork and then seligman.
there is always strange sightings in seligman, which by the way has an interesting route 66 history.
bigfoot sighted near seligman

oopss, sorry, misread all of this.
i live in n.m., never heard of seligman, maybe just a confusion.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

new topics

top topics

join