It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else sick of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else is sick and tired of global warming
I am so tired of hearing about it. I am not saying that I am not interested but I don't want anything forced down my throat by people who no nothing about it.

I am not a Glenn Beck fan but heard an interesting story from his show while skipping through the channels one day ..

A guy who owns a 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo bought a sticker that looked all Greeny and save the earth like, but it said Hydro-carbon powered vehicle
for those of you who don't know Hydro Carbons are fossil fuels like oil coal methane, anyway this guy had a friend and his wife over to watch a Sunday ball game when they were leaving the wife commented to the husband why can't you be more earth conscience like so and so.. then proceeded to ask is it difficult for you to get gas locally to which this guy replied
well as it happens we live in the midwest which happens to produce more of this fuel than anywhere else so yes there are 4 stations within 9 miles of my house here that have this fuel.. his buddies wife slapped her husband in the arms and said see you should be more conscience like him..

anyway I know long story but thought it was funny how people just need a cause it doesn't have to be right just give them a wagon to ride on and they will bring the band....

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 11/16/2007 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i could use a little more of it here in cleveland, brrr...

between the cold and all the gas guzzling suv's with 'save the earth' and 'kerry edwards' bumper stickers driving around with only a driver in them and maybe a small tub of tofu in the cavernous cargo storage area, i've about had it

if global warming is raising all the water levels, how come so many places are running out of water? why are all the lake levels down?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
global warming is a myth. thats it nothing more. as far as the water thing goes ive been wondering the same thig. i mean it gets recycled doesnt it. where is it goeing? the only thing i can figure is they must be shipping it to space cause nothing else makes sence to me..

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Careful on the water subject guys after all the global warming theory started somewhere in a BBS back in the late 80's early 90's you may just start up a conspiracy about how Iran is really changing the weather and we are using our (the U.S.) disagreement with them to hide the fact that we are really involved...

Just kidding

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The only aspect about the "Global Warming" debate that tires me are the endless debates about "who caused Global Warming".

The point that I am making here is that finger-pointing is, well, pointless.
Instead of laying blame on the US or industrial nations for all the negative effects of Global Warming, we should be looking for ways to either prevent global warming or to deal with the effects of this potential global disaster.

For example, we should be working towards finding alternative energy systems that would help eliminate harmful pollutants in the atmosphere.

We should be looking at policies that would deal with the predicted rise in sea levels.

We should be concentrating our efforts in coping with predicted crop failures and changes in agriculture and farming that climate change will bring about.

Laying blame on one nation or another is counter-productive. What is necessary is to begin to address the problems that global climate change will cause.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

A plan like this I would never tire of I agree finger pointing is what I am truly tired of it gets so old

all said it is kinda like watching the elections

we have to be careful though cause when we put policy into place typically the little guy pays for it.

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 11/16/2007 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I live in Chicago.....today Nov 16th is a nice little day outside..

Awfully warm around here...

I still can't get my thoughts together though, sometimes I believe in it

Sometimes I don't

Check back in December.....

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Of course we're all fed up of hearing about Global warming. We as people are selfish and attitudes can't be changed and won't be changed and as a consequence our children will suffer for the damage we've done to this planet.

Don't worry about Global warming we'll all be alright by the time the #### hits the fan we'll be all dead or on our last legs.

We're leaving our next generation a broken planet and we all should be proud for leaving such a legacy where millions upon millions of people will suffer at the hands of global warming.

new topics

top topics

join