It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: nYk537 - Republican

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I, nYk537, hereby declare that I am running for the office of President of The United States and am running for the Republican party.

In short, my platform is simple:
I will serve not only my country but the entire world. As President, I will not simply be governing the people, but governing for the people.

To expand:

The War on Terror

I am a firm believer that every country in this world should have the same equal rights and opportunities. I do not support spreading these rights and freedoms through military action however. I believe we have made our point in our current conflict and should focus on stabilizing Iraq so that its citizens can enjoy the lives most of us take for granted. This should happen through rigorous training and development for its government so that it can take care of its own people. I do think a small military presence should remain for some time to ensure that if aid is needed and requested, it is promptly given.

As for future conflicts, while I do not support the use of force to spread freedom to other countries, I do believe in protecting ourselves and others. While some may wish to take the threat of attack completely off the table, I will not do that. If we or our allies are unjustly attacked, brute force will be used. While we will no longer search for reasons to start wars and battles, if one is started against us or our fellow man, we will finish it. Every person on this planet has the right to live their lives in peace and security, and I will let no one jeopardize that.

Securing American Borders and Illegal Immigration

This is a topic of much scrutiny by not only Americans, but the rest of the world as well. As President, one of my first jobs will be to secure the American borders. This will not be done with a real fence of wood and stone, but a more high-tech surveillance system. We have the technology and the manpower to prevent illegal immigration in this country that we are not currently using.

As for the illegals that are already making American their home; they will be sought out as best as possible and given an opportunity to become a citizen the right way. If they choose to go through the process and become citizens, they will be given every opportunity to create a life here. If they choose not to do so, they will be removed. While I do feel that America is the land of the free and every person in this world has a right and an invitation to live here, I believe it must be done according to the law. Letting an unknown number of unknown people flow into this country is a security issue that I will not allow to continue.

Health care

The topic of health care has also been on the radar as of late. I will outline my plan in more detail as necessary, but for now I will give you an outline of what I propose.

I do not wish to move to any sort of nationalized health care as some of my opponents do. What I propose is a retooling of the system we currently have in America. I propose that as an alternative to individual health care plans, that we provide health savings accounts to every citizen in this country. This plan will provide all preventative treatment and emergency treatment free of charge to every citizen. It will also allow for a certain amount of money, taken from current health taxes, to be put into individual accounts for every person. This money can then be used to cover any expenses associated with health care such as prescription drugs and other additional treatments. Whatever money remains in this account at the time of retirement will still be available for health care needs, but will also become available for personal use as part of a comprehensive retirement package.

As I said, this is merely an outline of my proposed plan for fixing health care in America. As President, I will be open to any and all suggestions from the public, and will take each of them into careful consideration.

This is an outline of some of the key issues of our time that I will address as President. I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions asked of me. Any position that you feel needs to be discussed, I will discuss in length.

As I have previously said, my job as President is not only to serve my interests and the interests of the American people, but the interests of the world.

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

If selected in a primary election, I will accept the nomination to run for my party for The President of The United States and select a capable running mate for my Vice President

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to throw out there that I would be glad to answer any questions you may have on any topic. I would also be more than happy to meet with anyone in chat for discussions as well.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the debates!

nYk537

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Seeing as things are kicking off here again, I'd like to take this time to expand on some of the key issues. I've had several months of downtime to refine my stances on these issues and would to share some of these things with you now.

Health care

My plan is simple. Use A Free Market, Federalist Approach To Make Quality, Affordable Health Insurance Available To Everyone.

Deregulate State Markets. Encourage states to eliminate the cumbersome insurance regulations that drive costs up and providers out of the market.

Fix The Tax Code. Level the playing field by making all health care expenses tax deductible, eliminating the special treatment afforded employer-provided health plans.

Stop The Free-Riders. Use some of the money currently spent on providing expensive "free care" for the uninsured at emergency rooms to instead help the truly needy buy private insurance.

Reform The Medical Liability System. Institute federal caps on non-economic and punitive damage awards to eliminate frivolous lawsuits and bring an end to the practice of defensive medicine.

Promote Innovation In Medicaid. Give states flexibility to spend their Medicaid dollars in whatever way they find most efficient and effective.

Bring Health Care Into The 21st Century. Improve quality and enhance transparency by introducing the same competitive forces that drive innovation in other sectors of the economy.

Illegal Immigration

Going back, I realize my initial stance on this may have seemed a little flimsy, but I want to make this one point. I Will Stop Illegal Immigration. Here is my plan on how to accomplish this.

Secure The Border. Follow through on Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry.

Reject Amnesty. Do not give amnesty or any special pathway to those who have come to this country illegally.

Punish Sanctuary Cities. Cut back federal funding to cities that are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants and refuse to comply with federal law or aid federal law enforcement.

Improve Interior Enforcement. Provide resources to enforce immigration laws throughout the nation, and crackdown on employers who continue to hire illegals with stiffer fines and penalties.

Encourage Legal Immigration. Streamline the system to recruit and retain skilled workers and welcome the best and the brightest from around the world to our universities.

Energy Independence

My plan is to Achieve Energy Independence Through Innovation

Provide Presidential Leadership. Because energy independence is crucial to our economy and our national security, establish it as a top administration priority, and lead the U.S. to a future with affordable and secure energy.

Invest In Research. Dramatically increase federal spending on research, development, and demonstration projects that hold promise for diversifying our energy supply and increasing our energy efficiency, such as:

* Basic research in key technologies like improved energy storage
* Bringing clean energy technology to market through commercialization of large-scale renewables and advanced nuclear technologies
* Improved smart-grid technology for power distribution
* Clean, efficient uses of existing fossil fuels, e.g. clean coal, coal-to-liquids, carbon sequestration

Increase Focus On Energy Security. Shift federal priorities to emphasize issues of energy security, particularly at the Department of Energy.

Promote Nuclear Technology. Accelerate construction of new nuclear power plants in order to ensure that nuclear power continues to be a part of a robust, cleaner, and reliable energy mix.

Increase Domestic Production. Pursue our domestic sources of energy, drawing from our broad and diverse base of options, including opening ANWR to oil and natural gas development.

As always, if you have any questions, please ask.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
NYk537 I have a question for you .

What is your stance on agricultural subsides and other corporate hand outs ?

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
What is your stance on agricultural subsides and other corporate hand outs ?

I believe that investing in agriculture is key to our economy and families. America's farmers not only provide food for the dinner table, but they will play a critical role in lessening our reliance on foreign sources of oil. It’s important for us to make sure our farmers are able to stay on the farm and raise the crops that we need to have a secure source of food. So I believe in supports that will allow to us do that.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sorry if this comes across as abrupt but I'm feeling a bit crook at the moment. Hopefully this will generate some discussion.

In New Zealand, according to New Zealand Ambassador to the U.S. John Wood, subsidies peaked in 1984, "contributing to 30 percent of total agricultural output."11 The Federated Farmers of New Zealand reports that in 1984, "nearly 40 percent of the average sheep and beef farmer's gross income came from government subsidies."12 In fact, New Zealand farmers were more dependent on subsidies then than U.S farmers are now. They survived the subsidy cuts by slashing their own spending, purchasing only essentials, and implementing more efficient methods. Without subsidies, they began to operate on the basis of market demand.

source

Article

Here is the most recent article .

Today, cows in New Zealand cost less to feed and yield more milk solids, making them more profitable. Dairy farming has become so much more lucrative in the post-subsidy era that many sheep farmers, once even more heavily subsidized, have been shifting to dairy.

Source

Now unlike our Aussies counterparts us kiwis just cant dig a hole in the ground to start an economic boom . Dairy farming remains the backbone of the NZ economy . Had the Free Market reforms failed us NZ would be bankrupt and we would have hung Roger Douglas and co.

The argument that if US farmers entered the Free Market smaller farms would disappear just about makes the case for Free Market reforms by itself. It is the responsibility of the farmer to make his business profitable and not of the US government. As for Bio Fuels thereis no reason why the company's couldn't just buy say corn straight from the farmers .

Corn farmers would then adjust the amount they grow and the size of there farms to meet market demands . It doesn't matter if farmers switch what they are producing to meet market demands at home and overseas what matters is that they are making a profit without the involvement of the tax payer.

Bear in mind that the tax payer will still be supporting the farmers when they do there grocery shopping.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
An excellent point to be sure. The result of the Free Market is that some farmers will succeed and some will fail. Some will create large crops and profits, others will not. This is the basis of the Free Market system.

While I do not support Government involvement in saving farms or farmers, I do think certain steps could be taken to ensure that farming is an area that will continue to attract future generations. I believe we as a Government should ensure that certain areas are reserved for farming and agriculture, and that our citizens are given the means necessary to purchase and cultivate that land. This is not accomplished through government programs our handouts, but through making help accessible for those who choose to seek it.

new topics

top topics

join