It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 More Cops Shot in Philadelphia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

2 More Cops Shot in Philadelphia

abclocal.go.com

FRANKFORD - November 13, 2007 - Two Philadelphia police officers have been shot and wounded in the line of duty.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This happened 20 minutes ago. Literally. There is no official story yet, but over 100 police officers have converged on the area, and there is a live webcam of the police search up. These cops are the 3rd and 4th cops shot in Philadelphia in the past two weeks, most recently the murder of officer Chuck Cassidy. I live about 10-15 minutes away from where the search is taking place. Check back later for more details, and add your own if you can find them. This is awful. It is like there is a rebellion against my city's police force. The violence has to stop!

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I live in Phila part-time. Queens Village is a 'nice' part of Center City, and to be honest with you, I'll hear sirens on the hour. The murder rate is on the rise here and I've been noticing a lot more homeless and gang activity popping up.

With the amount of "unwanted pregnancies" -- these kids grow up without role models or authority -- gun and drug crimes are happening in broad daylight almost in the city limits lately.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you have a camera you should get it out and see if you can catch some of the action on film, who knows, you might end up catching something cops or others dont want on camera.

Sure hope this doesnt turn ugly.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Both cops have non-life threatening injuries, thank God. The search continues.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wow, that is just too bad. My heart goes out to those cops and their families. Also to the city of Philadephia

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Here's a shock: The guy was a drug dealer! They were going to arrest him, so he opened fire. The Frankford section of the city is on lockdown as they look for the shooter. I don't live in that area, but I'm close to there. I hope they catch this SOB.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Ya this guys needs to be pulled from the streets.

If they find him, I doubt he'll be alive to stand trial; I say he goes out in a hail of bullets.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A hostage situation has developed! One ( but only one) of the local stations are reporting that the man has barricaded himself in a house. The news media has been asked to take there cameras off the house. More to come......

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

Straightedge Mulder! You're in Fishtown I bet.... there's choppers flying everywhere, there's been cop helicopters flying through the city since the other shootings, plus, I swore I saw a black one recently around South St!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Actually I'm not in Fishtown, I'm just reporting from another area in the N.E.

More info: The guy's first name is Jason. Black male, 5'10, wearing a hoddie, and POSSIBLY drving a black lincoln town car. The main theory, still, is that he has barricaded himself in a house.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
UPDATE: There are now TWO suspects in connection with this shooting.

I'm logging off. Keep up the coverage people.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by XFoxMulderX]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by XFoxMulderX]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have lived in Philadelphia all my life and I have never been so ashamed of my home town the violence is a disgrace. People in my generation have grown to have no concience no morals, and no value for life. Everytime someone is shot someone has lost a mother, a daughter, a son, a father, a sister, a brother, a loved one. All across america you hear about terrorism. I believe that we are dealing with the biggest terrorism right here in our own home town. I fell that we are dealing with a new and improved hatred and this form of hatred comes with no remorse at all. No remorse for the innocent individuals who are losing there lives to nonsense.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

So much of this violence. in every U.S. city is directly related to the illegal drug market. Combined with a sinking economy I think we're looking at the leading edge of a new crime wave the likes of which we haven't seen since Alcohol Prohibition, the 1929 Crash on Wall Street and subsequent Depression that lasted over a decade. History is repeating itself in front of our eyes.

Except this time it's even worse. More poor people, more guns, drugs and well established, highly organized criminal networks, gangs, which are paying off the officials here and abroad while killing the competition or cops on the street whenever it suits them. Drugs are not taxed and they have huge profit margins, especially for those at the top.

The only way to nip this in the bud now is to legalize drugs and destroy that margin.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
so whats alternative about this?

same thing will happen tomorrow...
city done gone down

new topics

top topics

join