It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSME - Other Current Events - Hello Members!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS community!

I have been given the honor of serving the community as Forum Subject Matter Expert (FSME) for the Other Current Events forum, while that is the technical term for the position, I like to think of it in another way,

A Friend Serving the Membership Everyday !

I am here to help.

I have been here since June of 2004 and have seen the board, the content, the features and the membership explode! And one thing that I really enjoy is the fact that while our numbers climb, We grow as a community. The combined knowledge of this membership astounds me and I know that when I come to ATS, I will learn something new each and every day.

My goal as FSME is to help make Other Current Events one of the MUST view forums for every member!

How can we accomplish that?

First and foremost is the content, I challenge the members to take pride in your threads and posts, inform us, teach us, talk to us. We are listening. Every member has something to offer, some may have more, some less, this matters not, as a community, we all benefit, we all learn, which makes the community stronger.

Other Current Events is one of the more difficult forums to decide what belongs and does not belong, so please review this thread when you get the chance. This will help guide you on where a potential thread should be posted.

Appropriate Current Event Topics - ALL MEMBERS READ

The best part of my newly assigned position is the ability to APPLAUD the members in the OCE forum.

I look for very well written posts, well sourced (when appropriate), nicely authored threads, etc. I have already been fortunate to reward many members for their fine contributions! Just to be clear, I look for quality posts regardless my position on the topic, I may not agree with all points of view, but I can recognize quality!

It puts a smile on my face to click that little button
:

I have also applauded members who were on either side of a potentially emotional issue.

Why?

Because both members, while on opposite sides of a fence, showed excellent decorum and respect for one another. I really appreciate members who can discuss difficult topics without resorting to emotional rants which we all know end up ugly

Think about how bland it would be if we just hung out with people who agreed with us on every topic? Ever tried to watch grass grow? B-O-R-I-N-G.... I like the way ideas are tossed back and forth here at ATS, I like the diversity, the cultures, the camaraderie, the willingness to listen to just about anything. We are not afraid to ponder the question, What if?

One bit of advice, coming from the King of duplicate threads
, try to make it a habit when you want to open a new thread, use the search function, to make sure your time and effort is not wasted, there's nothing worse than taking 20 minutes to gather sources, type up an interesting OP (original post), then find out that another member has already started a discussion. Oops! It happens to all of us every now and then but using the search feature will help to keep the clutter down and the board looking clean.

For the newer members, WELCOME, this site can be overwhelming at first glance, so many topics, so many threads, so many ways to communicate your ideas. Relax and enjoy, take your time to cruise through all that ATS has to offer. Make sure to read and understand the Terms and Conditions, alot of unnecessary grief will be eliminated by becoming familiar with the TAC. There is a FAQ button on the toolbar above^^^ which takes you to the ATS handbook. There is a Freshman Forum dedicated to helping you get accustomed to the workings and resources we have here. If all else fails, we have the Board & Business forum for you to ask for assistance.

If you have any questions, feel free to U2U me and if I don't know the answer, I will do my best to find one for you. By all means if you have a suggestion that could make Other Current Events better, U2U me or submit one through your member center suggestions submission.

We are always looking for new ideas to make your time here more enjoyable!

Let's work together to continue to make Other Current Events and AboveTopSecret.com, the place to be for CUTTING EDGE DISCUSSION on wide variety of topics, without the attacks and disrespect found elsewhere, here, we respect each other and can agree to disagree with class.

I thank ATS for the opportunity and look forward to serving the members as their FSME.

My favorite line to keep myself focused when participating here is this simple phrase.

DENY IGNORANCE is what we do...

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Very nicely spoken. It is offtopic but I'm asking myself, how old you are. Curious.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by robija]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hey JacKatMtn, congrats on becoming an FSME! I can't think of anyone better for the position than the Headline Hunter

Also, good post. Makes me wish I can applaud you

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Congratulations, you have earned the new position. I know you will do your job well. I've been here only a short time but have grown to respect you.

Also congrats to the staff for giving you the position. Job well done.

Dizzie

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
robija - Thanks, some say I am older than dirt, though I have seen some dirt that is a bit older....

Beachcoma - I appreciate the kind words, I always look forward to your posts, that smiling seal avatar always brightens my day

dizziedame - I respect you as well, thanks! It is great to be a part of this global community. It is amazing what is learned and shared through respectful discussion. You don't see it very much these days in everyday life, we try to keep it ALIVE here.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Congratulations are in order my friend!

I enjoy the content and perspective you bring to ATS and commend you on this achievement. Good luck and Godspeed!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Thank you very much for the kind words!

I enjoy your contributions here as well, even if you are a member of the RW Conspiracy

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Congratulations Jack!!!!!

Another excellent choice for FSME....

Looking forward to the future....

Semper

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Congratulations Jack. I am not sure I ever got around to that.

I know the OCE thread will be much better with you at the helm. Full speed ahead!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
YAY! Congrats Jack, but maybe I should say congrats ATS! Because I think they win more than you.

You will be an awesome FSME.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Congrats JackMtn

You have been a solid contributor of unbiased news for a long time now and thoroughly deserve your new title...

You have shown yourself always able to see either side of a potentially volatile argument and have always handled yourself in a classy way

Most of us could learn a lot from you as far has handling our emotions go in heated threads, and handling our emotions so as to stick to the issues at hand

Congrats again and peace, friend

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good News All Around

I have to agree with Val that this is a big win for ATS.

The beauty of this arrangement is that all you have to do is be yourself to be an excellent FSME for Other Current Events.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My grandkids say I am older then dirt so we must be around the same age------give/take.

Congrats!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
semperfortis - Thanks semper! I brought back the General in your honor, I know you can handle the truth.
Do not read the fine print
JacKatMtns signature advertisement of semperfortis avatars thread should not be confused in any way as payment for the kind endorsement of my position as FSME

GAOTU789 - Thanks and congrats to you as well, it will be a pleasure to work with you as we try to make ATS the best site in the YouNiverse

Valhall - Much appreciation for the comments, Valhall is one of the guiding lights for me here as a new member, and gave me great advice on the workings of ATSNN when I was picked as a reporter, it is still an honor to say I was part of that staff. Thanks Val

Rilence - Thanks my friend, since I am no expert on any topic, my contribution was to try and scour the internet and bring information here so the real experts could come here first for news. In exchange I get to learn from the best and brightest people I know. ATS members

Majic - Thank you very much I look forward to working with you and the rest of the staff as ATS grows in membership.

observe50 - Grandkids? Well maybe I am not quite the age of dirt just yet. Congrats on the Grandkids and thanks for the kind comment

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Indeed!

Congratulations Jack. I'm sure you will do the position proud.

It's always good to see a fellow member of the Alternative Breaking News Crew excel.

Keep up the good work amigo!
Jasn

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Congrats JacKatMtn, I'm sure you will do a great job, as you have OCD. An FSME with OCD.....j/k

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamanix

hmm, You seem to have a problem repeating Yourself
I am not concerned with who runs ATS. Heck for all I care it could be the devil himself. The important thing is We all are able to express Our views on here as long as We do it with evidence, or regard to others. I first believed what You repeated over, and over again, but now after having free reign on postings, definitely feel otherwise

Oh, and congratulations JCM..................
of course a few years late.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Wow!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Greetings:

Congratulations! Just the person to bounce a few ideas off.

Here are a couple of my posts for your perusal, if you please.

UFO OVER JERUSALEM

PHAGE QUESTIONS

and, gingerly dipping my foot into the tepid water...

1st thread
SURVIVING THE AMERICAN FOOD CRISIS OF 2011

2nd thread
"Prepare For Civil War," Gadhafi's Son Warns!

3rd thread
DOMINO EFFECT OF FEBRUARY 2011 - I Had a Dream About America's Future

Please let me know what you think of them. Then I can ask some questions when you have the time.

And this ties in with my OP on the set-up for the coming food riots in the USA and what will be considered "appropriate response" by TPTB...which all ties in with my (forthcoming) thread about the

"October Surprise - Triple Threat From Space Foretells Disaster!"

I shall await further communication from you should you be interested.

I look forward to your suggestions and possible participation in the TEAM effort.
It is here as I sent the message to masqua, who has not responded as yet.

In Peace & Light
tfw

top topics

<<   2 >>

join