It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Orders White House to Save All E-mails in Response to Lawsuits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Federal Judge Orders White House to Save All E-mails in Response to Lawsuits

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — A federal judge Monday ordered the White House to preserve copies of all its e-mails, a move that Bush administration lawyers had argued strongly against.

U.S. District Judge Henry Kennedy directed the Executive Office of the President to safeguard the material in response to two lawsuits that seek to determine whether the White House has destroyed e-mails in violation of federal law.

The White House is seeking dismissal of the lawsuits brought by two private groups — Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Government and the National Security Archive.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The government is fighting a lawsuit against the "Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Government"? Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but doesn't it seem like there's something very wrong here?

When the people have to take the government to court to FORCE them to follow the law and behave ethically, there's not much question left that America has lost her way. Sad signs...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Oh and.. since when has the National Security Archive become a "private group"?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So, if the judge orders the white house to maintain all emails, what is the punishment if they *accidentally lose another batch? A fine?

I imagine some intern in the IT department would probably take the fall and do some hard time.

top topics

join