It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Bases World Wide 2001-2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this (whether in General Conspiracies or here), but this seems to be the right place to post this in.

So, check this out - I came across this. I don't know how, but I did. From looking at this, I believe it's still in process of expanding, don't ya think?

[edit on 13-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey, that's pretty interesting. I've always been curious about how many countries the U.S. military is in. I think that map is slightly unreliable though, especially coming from www.oilempire.us.

I think there are military personnel and structures in each of those red countries, but for example in Peru, there's only a tiny Navy refueling and supply base that has 10 people working (my source). I know that some of those Eastern European countries are also small airports that are used to ferry troops and supplies to Iraq and Afganistan.

Maybe if this map had several shades of red to show the size, it would be more accurate. Also, Antarctica had a small Navy base for a while (source). The Coast Guard routinely goes down there now.

I don't think there is a huge conspiracy. I think that the U.S. military is in so many countries primarily because of its Navy, and Air Force to some extent, both which go around the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Norway is listed on that map, but there are no american bases here. In fact, our laws forbid any foreign military bases on norwegian soil...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I live in London, UK.

There are American military bases here in the UK.

It's a shame really. I strongly disagree with the UK siding with the USA on major issues such as Iraq and other stupid issues.

By Tony Blair/ Gordon Brown siding with your dick head of a president on fake "terroist-based" wars and disagreements world-wide, then this makes us a target as well.

We are only a small country, which is already over-populated...why on earth would we want the Yanks taking up thousands of square miles of our land and posing a threat to the majority of people here who don't want anything to do politically with the USA anyway?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i read the other day the number was 737

but it isn't military 'bases'
it's more along the lines of locations' across the globe...

they might be on duty at a remote radar station,
or as a supply squad attatched to an allies battalion/division HQs
any number of duties or presences
but it's all the same, the USA has a visible presence in +100
different countries or territories

High-Profile stature...by intent & design

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
but it isn't military 'bases'
it's more along the lines of locations' across the globe...

Exactly.

Other countries also have military installations overseas as well. For example, Great Britain. This is the British Army website that says it is deployed in over 80 countries.

There are many bases around the Mediterranean and in Eastern Europe that are shown on that map to be U.S. bases but are actually NATO bases.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wikipedia has some info concerning this subject.

The article

...and the map.

No US Military presence in Finland though. Not yet anyway

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
reply to post by TheoOne

Norway is listed on that map, but there are no american bases here. In fact, our laws forbid any foreign military bases on norwegian soil...

I think you may be wrong, DrLeary, the map on wikipedia states the same.

Thanks for your post, Ouruboros, it is well appreciated.

Such an interesting subject, might I add.

Here is another image -

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Originally posted by DrLeary
reply to post by TheoOne

I think you may be wrong, DrLeary, the map on wikipedia states the same.

Yeah, I just check out the wikipedia map and it states "Use of military facilities". As has been pointed out this is most likely a NATO base. So it's actually a norwegian base that is made available to NATO forces for exercizes and such, not a US controlled base on norwegian soil. Bad enough though

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I found Phil Schneider to be a 'fountain' of knowledge on the DUMB's located in America and throughout the world. He described the materials, processes and technology that made it possible. His numbers put it closer to 1200 world wide, some connected by underground highways for 'local' access or supersonic, maglev trains that connect the 'national' bases.

You can call them US DUMB's, but I'm pretty sure that all these projects could be covered up without some sort of international cooperation. USA, UK, Italy(EU generally), Japan, Russia and China all cooperating at an 'Elite' level, for the advancement of 'their' goals, not the individual goals of the nations they may 'work for'.

Nations and state heads are just a 'public front' to keep the many individuals from coming together until a time when they can control a 'global population' instead of the smaller 'national populations' they currently keep us boxed in.

Apart we are weak, together we are strong!

All my opinion formed through research of this subject, aswell as others.

thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrLeary

Guess again sport - there most definitely is an Army base in Norway

Its small but there

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i have been following military activities and came across usnorthcom take a look at this world commander's area of responsibility
notice that Alaska has a green and a blue stripped area (China/US). note:

The Army in Alaska has two higher headquarters: U.S. Army Pacific (USARPAC) and Alaska Command (ALCOM). USARPAC is the service component to Pacific Command and ALCOM is a sub-unified command also subordinate to Pacific Command. The USARAK Commander wears two hats. As the USARAK Commander, he responds directly to the USARPAC Commander on service component issues; and as the Deputy ALCOM Commander, he responds directly to the ALCOM Commander on Alaska-specific matters and joint responsibilities.
www.globalsecurity.org...

looks like the world in dividsion to me, what say you!

new topics

top topics

join